Sequel: On and On

The Good Life

Chapter 7

Joe and I have been dating for a couple of months now and everything has been going perfect, he has become my absolute best friend, and there was no where else I’d rather be than wherever he was. Sure we have our little fights every now and then, and I’ll make him leave and cry myself to sleep but he’s always there in the morning, right next to me and we apologize to each others and argue over who’s fault it is and then we laugh and just lay together, enjoying each other’s company. He has unofficially moved in with me at this point, he stays here pretty much every night unless he has to get up early to do an interview or radio station. The closet and drawers in the guest room have slowly been filled up with his clothes and shoes; it’s practically his room, except he sleeps with me.
His mom and dad have never really protested to it but earlier tonight, we got, dun dun dun, “the talk.”

Wow, was that awkward.

Earlier that night.

Joe and I were at his house playing videogames with Frankie when Mrs. Denise and Mr. Paul walked in. I looked at Joe with panic written all over my face when they told Frankie that Nick was making cookies upstairs, obviously causing him to fly out of the room as if it were on fire. He just looked at me and smiled which comforted my nerves and then they began to speak;

“Now, we know you two have spent a lot of time together-”

‘Oh crap, I know where this is going.’ I thought to myself, ‘I mean, I know Joe wears that purity ring but he told me that, to him, it meant for whenever he found someone that he truly was in love with, and he would know when the time was right; he wanted his first time to be special and so did I;’ we didn’t want to pressure each other into anything, at the moment, we were just going with flow.

I was drug out of my thoughts in my head by Mrs. Denise’s voice calling my name, obviously for the second time because all three of them were staring at me expectedly.

“Um, what was the question?”

“I said, we respect you and Joe and your relationship and we expect you two to respect us, and please if you decide that your meant for each other and that’s what you want, please just be careful, okay?” She asked me. Her statement caused me to turn to a deep shade of red which caused Joe to snicker to himself, I shot daggers at him with my eyes and nodded my head, “Yes ma’am I will, I respect you two so much, you make me feel like part of the family and I couldn’t dream of anyone treating me better than you two do.” They both beamed at me and stood up, “Now we’d like to talk to Joe for a few minutes.” I nodded and gave both of them hugs and walked towards the kitchen to see what Nick and Frankie were up to.

Joe’s P.O.V.

My parents sat back down and looked at me. “Joe,” my mom began. ‘Oh no she’s going to cry, I hear it in her voice’ “We really do love her, and we’re just so happy that you were able to find someone that makes you so happy.” My dad nodded, “She’s really special Joe, don’t you hurt that girl, you’re lucky you’ve met someone like her. Kayden is such a sweet girl and we both can tell that she’s impacted you life in more than one, she’s made you happier, and a better man.” My mom nodded a tear escaping her eye, “She’s an amazing girl Joe, we’re so proud of you.” I got a goofy smile on my face at the mention of her name, I knew it and I didn’t care, she made me feel this way and I wanted everyone to know. I loved her, this whole night proved it to me, I love her.

I hugged my parents and walked out of the room and towards the kitchen where Kayden stood with Frankie on the chair next to her while she scooped cookie dough onto a pan, I leaned against the door frame as she laughed and talked with Frankie. He saw me and turned around and looked at me I nodded my head to the door and winked and he smiled and turned to Kayden, “Um, I have to go pee.” He said as he jumped down, she never looked at him but yelled after him, “Make sure you wash your hands.” I watched her as she put the last cookie on the sheet and looked in the bowl and her smile grew as she discovered that there was extra dough left in the bowl, I took two giant strides and wrapped my arms around her waist and set my head on her shoulder as she stuck her finger into her mouth, “Whatcha doing?” She dipped her finger back in the cookie dough and brought it to my mouth; I gladly took it off her finger, “Making cookies.” She replied. “Mmm, let’s go home.” I said as I looked up at the clock on the microwave that read 8:18. She turned to me and leaned against the counter, “Home?” she asked, “Well, your home, I’m tired.” She looked at me, “Who said you’re invited?” she said while she cocked her head to the side and snaked her arms around my neck, I pulled back, “Okay then, I’m going to sleep, see you tomorrow, I guess.” I said as I pulled out of her grasp and walked towards the door.

I didn’t take two steps before she grabbed my arm and spun me around to her and planted a kiss on my lips, she turned her head to the side and I deepened the kiss, we stayed like that for a while and she pulled back, “Please don’t leave me alone.” She cooed with a pout on her beautiful face. How could I say no to that?

So here we sit, at her house on the couch in the living room watching the entire first season of ‘The Office’ she was snuggled up underneath my arm and I couldn’t help her facial expressions when something was funny, when something made her laugh, when she didn’t get a joke, it was adorable.

I put my finger under her chin, and pushed it up so she would look at me, she did and I looked in her eyes and said, “I love you, Kayden, so much, I just wanted you to know that.” Her face melted into a smile and I saw her eyes tear up, “Joe, I love you too, so much,” she said, then she wrapped her arms around me and repeated, “I don’t know what I’d do without you.” I smiled and wrapped my arms tightly around her and kissed her forehead, “Let’s go to sleep, it’s getting late.” She agreed and stood up and we turned everything off and walked up the stairs.

Kayden’s P.O.V.

Joe loves me, I’ve thought I loved him for a while now but I didn’t know if he felt the same so I didn’t say anything, but he does, he loves me.

So, we headed up the steps and he went to ‘his room’ to get ready for bed. I walked to mine and grabbed a pair of Soffe shorts and a t-shirt, I slipped off my bra and walked into the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth. I shut my eyes and was humming in my head when I heard Joe walk in and pick up his toothbrush, I opened my eyes to see him there with just a pair of basketball shorts on, I let my mouth drop open and felt my toothpaste about to run out, I mean I’d seen his stomach but the fact that I was going to be sleeping next to him like that, mmm. He looked at me through the mirror and smirked at me as he put his toothbrush into his mouth, I quickly spit and wiped my mouth and went to walk past him but got distracted and ran my hands down his back from his shoulders to his waist and wrapped my arms around his torso and ran my hands up and down his chest while I pressed my cheek against his back. I watched as goosebumps rose all over his body and whispered, “Please hurry.” I heard him get rid of the toothpaste in his mouth and he whipped around so fast almost knocking me over, he snaked his arms around my body and pulled me up as I wrapped my legs around his bare waist and my arms around his neck and pulled him to me, this kiss was full of love, I put everything I’d been feeling for him into this kiss and I was getting the same vibe from him.

We made our way to the bed where he laid me down and climbed over me and hovered there, he looked me straight in the eyes, “I love you, Kay.” I smiled up at him, “I love you too, Joe.” I lifted myself and reconnected our lips, we stayed like that for a few minutes before he flipped us so I was straddling him, I leaned over and kissed down his neck causing a moan to escape his lips, I sponged kisses up his neck and back to his lips, he trailed his hands up my thighs and under my shirt and rested his hands on the small of my back, occasionally running them up and down causing my shirt to rise, he tugged at the bottom of my shirt, I broke the kiss and tugged it over my head and looked back down at him, I could still see his features for the light in the bathroom was left on and he looked a me with so much respect and admiration that I felt comfortable with him seeing me like this. He flipped me over and found my lips again, I leaned my head back allowing him to send his kisses down my neck and to my newly exposed skin, which sent shivers down my spine and caused me to lowly moan his name which only provoked him, he found my lips again and we shared one more passionate kiss before we ended it with numerous pecks on the lips. I found my shirt and laid down next to him, wrapping my arms around him feeling his breathing regulate again from our little make-out session and let out a breathy, “Night Joe, love you.” He kissed my forehead and tightened his grip on me, “Love you too, sweet dreams.”

But at that point, I didn’t want to dream, because FINALLY, my actual life was better than my dreams, all of my hopes and dreams were laying here in my arms.