Scared?

Chapter Three

I had the whole duvet to myself due to the empty space next to me. Bob still hadn’t come home form work and I started to get worried. Lately he had been spending long hours at work. Normally he would have been home for tea, but now he wasn’t even home in time for when I went to bed.

Being woken up in the middle of the night isn’t exactly the best thing ever, but when it’s the man you love slipping into bed and taking his half of the duvet, you settle down. I can always sleep better when I know Bob’s home. Even if he’s just lying next to me, not even touching me, I feel safe. But feeling even safer is when I’m wrapped up in his arms and feeling his warm breathes on my hair.

Always saying sorry for when I stir when he enters the bedroom and waking me up. I don’t care really. It just really annoyed me how someone who claims to love you so much, chooses his job over his girlfriend. Sometimes I would wonder whether or not everything we go through is worth it.

Sleepless nights and endless days worrying about whether or not the man of your dreams actually cares for you. We have never had an argument and I hope it stays that way, I know what Bob can be like when he’s angry. I might be asking for too much, but all I can see at the moment is that a job is more important than me. But I can’t hate him for it. I just can’t

No matter what he did wrong, all he would have to do was look at me in the eyes and flick his golden, blonde hair and I would melt. Little things like that made my heart miss a beat. He got away with everything with me (and probably most other woman too). Because of this though, it seemed he had started to take advantage of it; coming home a little later than the last time and getting called out on demand more frequently (not that he could help that).

With everything going on, I missed Bob to the extreme. It had gotten to the point where I would be coming in and he would be going out again. The only time proper quality time we spent together was at night. It got a boring after a while, yet I liked being there. We would take pictures together and place them around the house, reminding me of the man I loved and most probably losing. On the nights I spent alone, cooped up, his eyes would look upon me and make me smile, occasionally making me giggle at the thought of being so lucky yet so unlucky.