Misunderstandings and Confusions

Chapter 4

*Jenny’s POV:*

“Jenny come out now. I have skittles!” said Katie
I ran out the bathroom.

“I thought you said I couldn’t have them in the morning” I said

“This is a special treat from me” said Katie, winking at me.

I was too busy shoving skittles up my mouth to notice the others staring at me.
I was more calm and relaxed now. Then I noticed everyone staring at me nervously, except for Tre of course.

“Hey guys. Sorry about running away before” I said as I felt myself blush.

“I’m an ELEPHANT!” roared Tre.

“And I’m a HIPPO!” I roared back laughing.

“C’mon lets go.” He said as he grabbed my arm. I had a feeling we were going to be good friends.

Katie’s POV

I guess immature people got along with each other. The rest of the guys and I decided to go to Starbucks since Mike had massive cravings for coffee. When we went into the shop, we spotted Tre and Jen munching on piles of cookies in all different flavors.

“Tre! Don’t feed her more sugar!”

“Jen! Don’t feed him any sugar!” said Mike and I at the same time.

“Ok. No more cookies for you two.” Said Billie taking the cookies away from them.
Jenny automatically put on her pouting face and started whining.

“Aww c’mon Billie just one more. Pretty please?” asked Jen sticking out her bottom lip and blinking her huge puppy dog eyes.

“Fine. Just one more.” Sighed Billie, giving into her cuteness and smiling at her as she chewed down her beloved cookie.

“Hey no fair! I want one too!” screamed Tre, causing unwanted attention towards us.

“Shut up Tre for god’s sake!” said Mike.

“NO!”
“YES!”
“NO!”
:YES!”

“ALRIGHT! Just have the goddamn cookies!” screamed the annoyed Billie, handing over the pile of cookies into Tre and Jenny’s hands.

After they’ve licked off every single cookie crumbs visible on their fingers, we all decided to visit the grocery store since Billie Joe didn’t have any edible food at home.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The group was eventually separated as they looked around in different sections in the market. Mike walked behind Katie nervously fumbling with his shirt.

“Would you stop that?” Asked Katie as she smiled to herself.

“Huh? Stop what?”

“Being nervous and playing around with your hand.”

“I’m not nervous…
Wait, how do you know if I’m even nervous or not?”

“Cause I’m just smart like that.”
Mike laughed and picked up his pace so that he was walking next to her.

There was an awkward silence and Mike stepped out to break it

“You know, I think your friend Jen and Billie will make a good couple don’t you think?”

Katie looked up abruptly.

“Billie Joe likes Jenny?” asked Katie looking surprised.

“Well it seems rather obvious. I mean I have been friends with him for the last 20 years and learned to read him like a book.” replied Mike, quietly laughing as he thought about the old memories that he and Billie shared together.

“Hmm…”
Katie had a confused looked on her face, which Mike took notice of.

“What is it?”

“Oh…it’s nothing…”
There was another short silence which was interrupted by Katie.

“Well, I thought Gerard was interested in Jen…”

“Really? I thought he has a girlfriend.” answered Mike rather harshly.

“Why, you don’t like him?”

“No, no I like him. He’s a nice kid and all but…”

“But what?” asked Katie, becoming more impatient as time ticked by.
Mike just simply laughed at her curiosity and continue you to explain.

“Billie desperately needs someone like Jenny in his life more than Gerard.”

“And why is that?” asked Katie as she smirked a little.
“Well you see, um….” Mike furrowed his eyebrows in concentration looking for the right words to defend his dear friend.

“Let’s say Billie Joe’s like a guitar. When Adrienne left him, his heart literally shattered. It was as if the strings on the guitar broke. Unless the strings are replaced, it won’t function properly and that’s where Jen comes in. She’s the only person who’s able to replace the broken strings with new ones.” finished Mike rather proudly.

“Wow…” mumbled Katie

“Yeah..” sighed Mike.

“And how much chances are their that Gerard will easily let Billie get what he want?”

“The chances are very slim…” whispered Mike as he saw Gerard giving a very happy looking Jenny a piggy back ride.

A/N: continue?