You Love To Hate Me

Chapter 24

I woke up and noticed the darkness that was outside. Realizing I was still in Ronnie's room I sat up in the bed, and gently woke Poe up. I stepped on the ground, and almost tripped over Ronnie's sleeping body. I picked up Poe so I knew he wouldn't step on Ronnie. I made it to the doorway when heard Ronnie's raspy voice.

"Maddie where are you going?"

"To take Poe on a walk," I saw him get up and he walked to me.

"Can I come with?"

"If you want to."
He nodded his head, and put some pants on over his boxers. He patted his hair down, and we left his room. I grabbed Poe's collar and my shoes. I put my shoes on and we left the apartment.

We walked down the sidewalks in silent. Not for long though, it seemed that the silence was only us thinking of what to say first. Any slight awkwardness that might have been there was broken when Ronnie put his arm around my shoulders.

"How does it feel to be Mrs. Green?"

"I don't know. I don't know how to feel." I said truthfully.

"Well are you happy?"

"No."

"Are you sad?"

"Should I clap my hands?"

"You are a dork."

"I hope that is a good thing."

"Oh it is. It makes you different from other girls." I looked at Ronnie, and Ronnie looked at me.
"And that is a very good thing."

That is what we did for the next couple of months. We would take long or short walks in the middle of the night, and we would just talk. It helped with our days to just chill and not feel pressured. I'm going to say one thing and one thing only, Max and Madison is just not working out. Things all went downhill when I brought Poe home.

We were on one of our little walks. We decided not to bring Poe this time, because we weren't sure when we would be home. Ronnie was bringing to some place that I had never been to before. Who knew there were secret places in Vegas? He covered my eyes as we walked forward. We stopped walking and I was allowed to open my eyes.

I looked around me and only saw grass, trees, and a stool in the middle of it all. Ronnie had me stand in the front of the stool as he went off to get something. I stood there anxious only slightly bouncing on the balls of my feet. He appeared out of nowhere with a big cheesy grin on his face, and an acoustic guitar in his hands. He sat down on the stool before me, and began strumming.

His smile faded and he began singing. His voice was crisp and clear, and I could feel my body melt as the song went on.


I hate to be the one to bear the bad news.
Yes it's true, I finally fell in love.
I fell so hard that I'm killing myself.
Yes I need help, out of this grave that I've dug.

And all the friends that I have gone through,
And how much I deserve the pain,
It's a shame.

So hold you head,
Hold it up high,
Here's to the friends that were alibis.
Keep this close by your side,
When I come home we will have our night.

Oh you always told me I was gorgeous in a way,
And that fateful day,
I found who I was.
So fill this whole with my prescriptions
I just keep feeding my addictions.

So hold your head,
Hold it up high,
Here's to the friends that were alibis.
Keep this close, by your side,
When I come home we will have our night.

You were the one that stood by my side.
I was the one that fought all of your fights.
Hold you head,
Hold it high,
Here's to the friends that were alibis.
Keep this close by your side.

When I come home we will have our night.


He finished singing, and I looked at him in awe. He got off the stool and put the guitar on the ground. He kept his place in front of me staring me deep in the eyes searching for something.

"Ronnie," I started, but couldn't find the words to describe how I was feeling. In reality I wasn't sure how I was feeling.

"Maddie, I really do love you. I wasn't kidding when I told you that."

"Ronnie, I'm married to Max. You're best friend of like nine years."

"I understand that Madz. I just don't want to go on without you knowing my true feelings."

I leaned in and hugged Ronnie. I could feel his tense body relax as the hug went on. I felt his arms go around me and I just breathed in his scent. The smell of his colonge mixed with the scent of tobacco seems to sooth me. I didn't know why, but wasn't going to question it. He pulled away and smiled.

"I think we should head back now, before your hubby gets suspicious."

I smirked at him before we turned around, and headed home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here is a quick little piece of information I had forgotten to put here before.
The music credit goes to Escape the Fate. It's called Friends and Alibis, but I did change it around, and stuff because I can.
lol

-Ashley