Status: Currently on hold

Frankly, I Don't Love You.

And Maybe When You Get Back

A.J.


I walked slowly down the road to Gerard and Mikey’s house. I knew Frank was behind me and it somehow drew me to tears.

I hadn’t told Mikey what had occurred between Frank and I because of the drama it would cause, and they really needed this practice so when they did their first gig next week it would sound very good. Gerard was no doubt a great singer, but he was also my boyfriend. It made sense now why Frank had brought him up when I was writing. Mikey was probably my best friend in the entire world. He was one of the reasons why I had put up with Frank for so long. The band couldn’t risk losing one of their guitarists. Ray was great, don’t get me wrong, but they really did need Frank as much as I hated to admit it. I bared the cold a bit longer until I finally got to Mikey’s house.

Once I was inside Mikey’s house I quickly ran to his room from which I could hear the bass guitar strumming away. I opened the door, without even knocking, and quickly closed it. Tears were still streaming down as I leaned against the door and slid down to the floor. The strumming immediately stopped. Mikey shuffled across the room and sat next to me.
He protectively wrapped his arm around me comforting me while I drew up the strength to tell him what was wrong.

“Why does he do this to me Mikey? Frank knows that I can’t stand him and he knows how much he’s hurt my feelings ever since Jeremy and him became best friends ten years ago. I just cracked today Mikey, I couldn’t take it anymore, he finally got to me. He’s been around for ten years and I’ve waited till not to tell him? I slapped him Mikey, it was too much to bare I trailed off as the sobbing continued.

“A.J. don’t worry you have all of the things you love; you have parents that are still together at least, a caring brother, whenever Frank doesn’t manipulate him, and you have me and Gerard. We both love you, of course in different ways you know. Don’t let a little problem like Frank get in the way of your happiness.” he soothed me.

I smiled at his pep talk. Mikey really was my best friend. He was tall, had his dorky loveable glasses, and played his bass My Chemical Romance. Mikey was my backbone for whenever I was caught in a tough situation. He had stuck with me for more than five years!

Gerard on the other hand was more emotional and artistic. He was the lyricist for the band and today he had wanted to show me a song he had written for me in regards to our one year anniversary. Despite the previous events I looked forward to the song Gerard wanted to show me. I knew I would have to see Frank again but Gerard was much more important than that five foot freak.

Finally Mikey and I stopped being emotionally lazy and made our way down to the basement to hear the band play. As we entered I saw the couch was occupied by Jeremy, and a new guy whom I assumed was the new drummer Gerard had been talking about. I sat down next to Jeremy and saw Gerard with his long black hair, and his adorable grin. I giggled and looked around only to see Frank, walking in holding his guitar.

I nudged Jeremy, “Hey what are you doing here Jeremy?”

“For your information, Alyson, I am here to watch my best friend kick butt in this band. I could ask you the same question by the way.” he smirked.

“Don’t call me Alyson, Jeremy! I just happen to be here to watch my boyfriend remember?” I snapped at him.

“Whoa chill out, sis.” he replied with peculiar hand gestures. Suddenly we heard someone tap on the mic, signaling everything was about to start.

“Hey guys, even though it’s just about three of you, I would still like to dedicate this song, to Alyson, who I wrote this song for."

You could almost hear the passion of his voice as he started singing.


Hand in mine
Into your icy blues
And then I'd say to you
We could take to the highway
With this trunk of ammunition, too
I'd end my days with you
In a hail of bullets

I'm trying
I'm trying to let you know just how much you mean to me
And after
All the things we put each other through

And I would drive on to the end with you
A liquor store or two
Keeps the gas tank full
And I feel like there's nothing left to do
But prove myself to you
And we'll keep it running

But this time
I mean it
I'll let you know just how much you mean to me
As snow falls
On desert sky
Until the end of everything

I'm trying
I'm trying to let you know how much you mean
As days fade
And nights grow
And we grow cold

Until the end
Until this pool of blood
Until this
I mean this
I mean this
Until the end of..

I'm trying
I'm trying to let you know how much you mean.
As days fade
And nights grow
And we go cold

But this time
We'll show them
We'll show them all how much we mean
As snow falls
On desert sky
Until the end of every..

All we are..
All we are is bullets
I mean this
All we are..
All we are is bullets
I mean this
All we are..
All we are is bullets
I mean this.
All we are..
All we are is bullets
I mean this

As lead rains
Pass on through
Our phantoms
Forever forever

Like scarecrows
That fuel this flame
We're burning
Forever and ever

Know how much I want to show you you're the only one
Like a bed of roses there's a dozen reasons
In
This
Gun

And as we're falling down
And in this pool of blood
And as we're touching hands..
And as we're falling down
And in this pool of blood..
And as we're falling down
I'll see your eyes
And in this pool of blood
I'll meet your eyes
I mean this
Forever


As soon as the song finished I had tears in my eyes again.
This time, they weren't because of Frank though.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lyrics are from Demolition Lovers