Take It Like A Man

Chapter Eight

The car ride was forty five minutes and twenty two point eight seconds long. Or at least that’s what Mary said when we arrived at the beautiful house. For a moment I was completely awestruck, this house was absolutely astonishing and so surreal. There were flowers everywhere and it was large two stories high. It was something you would probably see on that television show on MTV where it shows inside Celebrities houses. There were even four amazingly expensive cars sitting in the driveway!

Snapping me out of my thoughts the driver opened the door to the limousine. Giving him a small “Thank you,” I helped Aoife out of the car and waited for Mary to exit, who was wearing a giddy expression that must have matched mine when I was admiring the house. The driver nodded his head in the direction of the front door, motioning us to go knock.

Biting my lip I stared at the doorway in anticipation, butterflies shot through my stomach dancing around in exhilaration. Was this all a dream? Was I really at the Jonas’s house? Was this all a sick joke? My panic must have been evident because Mary grabbed my shoulder giving it a light squeeze to reassure me, “Everything is going to be fine doll-face.”

“I am just so…” I laughed not really sure how to put how I felt into words. “Wow. That’s all I can say.”

Mary flipped her blonde hair as she chuckled at my statement, “Do we knock?”

“Or ring the doorbell?”

“Or call them?”

“Or stand here until they realize we are outside…”

“Or scream to get some attention.”

“Or stare through the windows.”

“Or you can wait here and I’ll go find Kevin’s room and totally watch him through his window. Oh my- maybe I can catch a glimpse of him naked!”

Furrowing my eyebrows I scoffed at my friends perverted sense of humor. The smile she was wearing faltered as she mumbled a “Just kidding.” Although, I’m positive she was not joking. Her love for Kevin was the most apparent thing in the world. “Okay maybe I wasn’t kidding…” she smirked in my direction.

“Keep your pants on,” I grumbled as she giggled adorably at my comment. Mr. Limousine driver (I didn’t catch his name…) came over to the three of us dragging Mary, Aoife, and my bags up to the house. I smiled in appreciation; I would have offered to help if I wasn’t carrying Aoife. I bumped my hips against Mary and she raised an eyebrow in confusion. Nodding my head in the direction of the driver, who we were now following up to the main door, she gave me thumbs up in understanding.

“Hey, let me help you with my bag!” Mary hoped over to him in glee, taking her black luggage bag and lugged it along beside him. “What’s your name by the way? We totally forgot to ask. How impolite am I? Oh, I’m Mary by the way! I think you knew that though… I’m not sure! What’s your name again?!”

Coughing to hide my laughter I observed as Mary began to talk her mouth off to the poor fellow. I increased my speed so that I was standing next to Mary, who continued to ramble on about pointless banter. She was saying something about oysters…

“Maybe you should let him breathe Mary…” I suggested with a chuckle. The blonde turned her attention to me and gasped, bringing her hand to her mouth she apologized to Mr. Macy; I had overheard her discovery of his name.

Reaching the Jonas’s door must have been the most anticipating, nerve-racking, and nauseating moment of my life. Mary gave me a friendly shove, which I brought my free hand to the door and pressed the little white button that was called a doorbell. I could hear it ring throughout the entire house, along with rushing footsteps. “Oh My Gosh! KEVIN BETHANY’S HERE! COME ON! Mom! Dad! NICHOLAS!”

“Jesus Christ,” I mumbled under my breath as the door swung open to reveal a heavy breathing Joseph Adam Jonas. His hair was curled (although unlike Nick and Kevin’s Joe had more loopy loose curls then the tight ones they were born with) and he had black-rimmed glasses on his face. A smile stretched on his features as he opened his arms wide and enveloped Aoife and myself in a deep breath taking hug.

“You look absolutely gorgeous,” Joe breathed into my hair. After a few seconds he pulled back and grinned at Mary, whom I failed to notice was standing beside me awkwardly. She was staring wide-eyed at Joe, her mouth half open and I could literally see drool dripping from her mouth. “Hello, I’m assuming you’re the wonderful Mary that Beth talks about,” he extended his hand and she took it, shakily I might add. Her hand was moving up and down for an unnecessary amount of time. However Kevin broke the awkwardness by pushing Joe out of the doorway. Kevin swept me into the most bone-crushing hug I’ve ever been in; he even picked me up and spun me around a few times.

“Kevin… Aoife… in arms… squeeze… hard… ouch…”

Setting me on the floor he took Aoife out of my arms, which I was now surprised she hadn’t said a word at all. She squealed in excitement as Kevin lifted her over his head and placed a huge kiss on her forehead, “KEBIN!” I bit my lip as I watched the two of them communicate… like I had said before, it is the most amazing ordeal in the world. To see a man fall absolutely in love with my daughter… I was simply in awe.

Behind Kevin I could see Nick appear with a smile on his face. He gracefully pushed between Joe and Kevin; extending his arms he enveloped me into a friendly hug… unlike his brothers. Swiftly I kissed his cheek before backing away to ruffle his curly hair, secretly I’ve wanted to do this since the moment I saw the puffy headed teenager. “It’s wonderful to see you again Nick! I haven’t heard from you… unlike your stalker brothers.”

“I am not a stalker,” Joe scoffed, folding his arms over his chest in mock offense. He stood next to me, slipping an arm around my shoulder. “Plus, I’m your husband remember?”

“How could I forget?” I rolled my eyes as I eyed Aoife. Currently, she was tugging on Kevin’s hair who just laughed in response, “Aoife, no-no. Remember what I said about pulling people’s hair.” Aoife glared at me before dropping her hand in fear at the glower I gave her in return.

Mary seemed to regain her composure for she spoke up to completely embarrass me, “Aoife has a pillow with your face on it and she makes Bethany kiss it before she goes to sleep. Ha, ha. Isn’t that funny?! Ha!” She looked at me and her laughing ended when she saw my cheeks on fire, “Or not.”

“Seriously?” Questioned Joe with a grin. He tightened his hold around my shoulders and laughed into my hair, I could feel his smile against my head. “I knew you loved me!”

“Psh. In your dreams.”

Kevin belted a laugh, “Ouch!”

“Yep. That was below the belt. Right Joseph?” Pushing his arm away from me I went over to Kevin and looked up at him. He smiled down at me as he began to bounce Aoife in his arms. “So about that dinner we were supposed to have… I am absolutely starving at this current moment in time. Care to take me out?”

“You haven’t even been here for five minutes and you already want to leave?” Grinned Nick as he shook his head in amusement. “I guess that means I need to put shoes on.” Everyone moved their gaze down to his sock covered feet. Wiggling his toes he whispered a small, “Excuse me,” before maneuvering his way back inside the house.

Joe grabbed my wrist and brought me over to his side once more; I had the feeling he wanted to be as close to me as possible, “Where would you like to eat Ms. Bethany Beth-Beth?”

“Some place with a humongous hamburger. I want lettuce, tomato, ketchup, mayonnaise, pickles… and fries. I love fries. Lots and lots of fries,” making an ‘mmmm’ sound I rubbed my stomach at the mere vision of food. “What about you guys?”

“I want a hot dog,” perked Mary as she raised her hand to emphasize her point. At hearing her voice Kevin realized how impolite he had been not to acknowledge my friend.

“I am so rude! Hi, I’m Kevin,” He reached his hand to hers and shook it happily. “You must be Mary. You are prettier than I expected you to be. Bethany made you sound so plain when she said blonde hair and blue eyes.”

“What… you asked me what she looked like,” I shrugged my shoulders in amusement at the look on Mary’s face. If you thought it was bad when she saw Joe… she was in love with Kevin. “Mary close your mouth and say hello. Its just Kevin.”

“It’s not just Kevin!” She snapped, not realizing what she was saying in her star struck gaze. “This is Kevin Jonas. Hello! I’m allowed to be absolutely positively shocked.”

“You’re allowed to embarrass yourself too right? Because you are doing a pretty good job at that.”

Involuntarily Mary let out an embarrassed laugh as she looked into Kevin’s brown eyes, “Um. I think I’m going to go jump off a bridge now. Okay, bye.” She started turning on her heel, but I grabbed her shoulder to stop her. “Bethany let me go!”

“Dude… calm down. I know you are like majorly star struck right now, but it’ll all pass in good time. In a few hours you’ll look back and we’ll laugh off your embarrassing moments. That you are actually still creating. You’re digging yourself deeper and deeper into this huge hole of embarrassment so I would stop now if I were you-“

She slapped a hand over my mouth before I could say more, “I get it. Shut up.”

“So… Mary, how old are you?” Joe “flirted” with a dazzling smile that showed all of his extremely white teeth.

“Nineteen… heh…”

Kevin coughed to cover up the laugh that almost escaped his lips at my best friend’s weakness. Nudging Joe in the side he chuckled at my action before wrapping his arm around my waist. I was initially shocked by his reaction, but it seemed that I was the only person that was surprised by the action – Kevin actually winked at me in encouragement? What the… meeting the Jonas Brothers had to be the weirdest boys I’ve ever met.

“I got my shoes. Aren’t they spankin’?” Nick exclaimed as he jumped in the middle of the circle we had created. He stuck one foot up in the air to show off tomato red dress shoes… I coughed, chuckled, laughed, and then raised an eyebrow at the teen that had an extremely huge beam on his face. “Let’s roll people! Me hungry!”

With that we were off to eat.
♠ ♠ ♠
Disclaimer: I do not own the Jonas Brothers.

Hah... nice... finally! They are all together again :-D