Isolated in the World of the Perfect

Chapter 3

“Anything interesting happening?” I didn’t bother looking up, his voice felt like daggers through my heart, he’d lied to me and he hadn’t even been with anyone we knew or at least that he was with.
“...N... No.” I murmured, tears beginning to trickle down my cheeks, I was being ripped to pieces right there and then, I curled up into myself more and the concerned touch of Gavin made me flinch.
“Babe what’s wrong? Hmm you can tell me you know that.” I didn’t know that, usually he’d tell me to pull myself together; he was only sweet like this after we’d had a massive argument or he’d done something wrong, really wrong. Or when he felt the guilt digging into him. Like the guilt I’d seen in his eyes earlier.
“Nothing... leave... me alone.” I pushed his hand away, the tears flooding out more than ever now, my heart was breaking. All I wanted to do was curl up and die, the one thing I never thought he was capable of was cheating. He had to have done, he wouldn’t have lied otherwise and he always came home no matter how late it was.
“Rhys, just tell me what’s going on.” The impatience was building in his voice, I could tell he was tired by the way he looked just five minutes earlier, five minutes ago and I was happy.
“No!” A mixture of crushing upset and fire worthy anger was building up inside of me, how dare he do that to me! How dare he cheat and lie! “I’m going to Bob and Sean’s.” I added, pulling myself up from the sofa and pushing past him, I didn’t want to argue with him, I I stayed I know I’d lose it and attack him.
“Rhys! What the hell is going on? Just tell me for god’s sake!”
“No! YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO KNOW ANYTHING!”
Running out of the house I slammed the door behind me, angry tears clouding my vision. Everything was making me angry even the bloody lamp-posts that just got in my way repeatedly. Gavin’s shouts behind me spurred me to keep running; Sean’s was only a ten minute walk away it wouldn’t take long. The sight of a perfect looking household to my left let flames loose, I wanted to smash the windows, scratch the cars and rip up all the flowers, no-one deserves perfect happiness. NO-ONE!
***

“Rhys? Hey Rhys calm down, c’mon in. What’s happened? You two had another argument?” The voice of James reached me, the anger extinguished and the full force of everything hit me, causing yet more tears to spill down my cheeks.
Shaking my head at him, I moved past him and into the living room, finding Sean on the sofa I collapsed down next to him and buried my head into his chest.
“Whoa! What’s going on here? Did something happen at home?” Taken aback that’s all he seemed, not upset or angry. They both should be upset or angry or both.
“Ga... Gavi...Gavin didn’t come...home last...Ni...ght. He...he told me...he was...here...but he...wasn’t. He’s...been...cheat...ing on me.” Just saying the words made it worse and great big sobs spilled from me.
“He what?” Anger. Exactly what it should be like. “Did he admit it?” James’ voice, while Sean just rubbed me on the back, as if that was going to help.
“N...No.”
“Well I’m off to find out!” A door slamming made me jump and I curled up more into Sean, a desperate plea of don’t do it coming from him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy New Year folks!
I promise to update more = )