Status: Done :(

Love of the Earth

The Storm

Nothing shocked me more then when my ex approached me. I had been so caught up in the sweet feeling of rain against my skin. My eyes always darting and searching for Jorden. I hadn’t seen him since the year before. He must have moved back to town. He caught me by surprise and hugged me. I smile at him unsure of how to feel.

“Hey Echo. How have you been?” Luke asked. His blonde hair clung to his cheeks from being so wet. His green eyes held a hint of the emotion he once had for me. The green made my thoughts fleet back to Jorden.

“I am fine.” I answer uneasily to him.

Luke says something and I laugh though I have no idea what was said. I glance towards Jorden his makes the wind whip and my laughter increases. Then Luke garbs me hand and my laughter gets caught in my throat. For a moment all I could do is stare at our hands. Memories flood my mind of times when Luke and I were Luke and I.

I slowly pull my hand out his and went to look towards Jorden who was gone. My heart ached, what did that look like to him?

“What’s wrong?” Luke whispered.

“I have to go.” I said while running in the complete opposite direction of the school. I have to find Jorden tell him it’s not what he thinks it is. I run aimlessly.

“School is the other way Echo.” Luke shouted after me. “I am sorry. We can take it slow.” His voice faded.

The rain was really coming down now. My clothes were soaked through by the time I ran a block. The gray sky was now black and angry. The wind stronger then ever, I was fighting to walk against it. I was making my ways back to my house. Thankfully my mom leaves before I do so I didn’t have to explain my sudden turn around to anyone.

The trees creaked in protest to the strong gust and heavy rain. I should have gone inside but I didn’t, instead I proceeded into the woods that surrounded my house. I was walking to the spot where Jorden and I had first meet in hopes that he will be there now. The wind screamed and the sky got only darker.

“Jorden!” I yelled knowing that it was in vain because the wind had my voice drowned out. “Jorden, Jorden where are you? Please answer me.” Tears steamed down my face.

The tree branched snapped and hit me before I knew what was coming.
♠ ♠ ♠
=O