The One

Coming Back

Joe stared out the window of his room. It had been officially three weeks since the ‘No Kade’ rule, and Joe was dying. He didn’t go more than two days without seeing her. He had to see her! He knew the Jonas Brothers weren’t doing anything that day. He quickly snuck downstairs and ran to his car. His heart was racing until he turned the corner of their block.

He let out a breath, and sped towards the hospital. When he arrived his heart began to beat faster again, not because he was scared, but because he was nervous.

“Hi Beth!” Joe greeted as he walked passed her, and to Kade’s room.

“Long time no see Joseph.” She smiled at him, and he smiled back.

He entered Kade’s room, butterflies erupting inside his stomach. There sitting on her window sill was Kade, his silent Kade.

“Kadie?” He asked softly.

She didn’t turn to him, but she lifted her head at the sound of his voice.

He walked over to her, and sat next to her. She was staring ahead tears forming into her eyes.

“Kade what’s wrong?” Joe asked taking her hands inside hers.

Tears began to flow from her eyes, and she turned her head to look at him. She stared at him hurt and confusion in her eyes. Joe took her face in his, and wiped the tears away.

“I’m sorry I didn’t sneak out earlier, but like I told you Kevin forbade me to see you because I didn’t show up at a concert.”

Kade’s eyes became more confused, and she pulled away slightly.

“I called you Kade, and said I couldn’t see you because I got in trouble with my brothers…” He trailed off as she shook her head ever so slightly.

“I did Kadie I swear it.” He said watching her eyes move. She was analyzing everything in her head, Joe could tell. Just then Jessica walked in, and froze when she saw Joe. Kade’s eyes instantly became angry.

“Jessica!” Joe yelled. “Did you answer the phone when I called Kade?”

She didn’t move.

“Answer me!” Joe yelled furious.

She nodded her eyes fearful.

“How dare you!” He yelled. “Come on Kade.” He said staring angrily at Jessica, holding his hand out to Kade. She took his hesitantly, and they left.
---
“I did call you Kade. I told you I got in trouble for missing the concert, and Kevin ordered me not to see you.” He pleaded with her eyes.

She would let him hold her hands, but she didn’t look at him like she used to.

“I missed you.” He said caressing her hand. “So much.”

Suddenly Kade’s arms were thrown around Joe’s neck. He sat shock still for a second before wrapping his arms around her also. He held her close, and let her cry silently.

“I’m so sorry Kade. I should’ve come sooner! Shhh… I won’t ever leave again.” He cooed rubbing her back.

After awhile Kade just leaned against him, her head against his chest, and his arms around her holding her close. They sat in silence like all the other times before, and Joe felt comforted. The silence helped him think clearly.

As the sun was beginning to set Joe looked down to find Kade asleep; he smiled and picked her up effortlessly. He carried her to her room, and laid her down. She stirred and opened her eyes.

Joe smiled at her. “I’ll come back soon I promise.” He said moving some hair from her face. She just stared at him. He grabbed her hand. “Bye.” He whispered.

She squeezed his hand in return, and he left.
---
“Where’ve you been Joe?” Kevin asked once he walked inside.

“Out.” Joe answered walking to the kitchen to get some food.

Nick looked at Kevin worriedly. He was still mad at them, that much was apparent. But now Joe was furious. If he hadn’t gone back to visit her then she would’ve continued to think he abandoned her. He shook his head and walked to his room.
♠ ♠ ♠
kinda short... idk if i like it as much as the others... at least they're reunited... eh comments??