You Trained These Lips When They Were Champs

Login.18

"So I'm stuck with these nightmares where you're gone and so far-" I reach over the front seat of the van and turn the stereo off. I'm even getting sick of my own voice. Max, Tom, and Kevin ask what that was all abotu, and I just look down and shake my head in bewilderment.

"I don't know.. I just... Well, why do we listen to our own music so much?"

"Alec, that's total bull. You were the one who turned it on in the first place. Why have you been acting so strangely lately? It's mostly been today, come to think of it..." Kevin says, pulling the van onto the shoulder of the freeway. He puts his right arm across the back of the front seat and turns around. They all look at me expectantly.

"It's probably just the tour," I say stubbornly, moving from my spot to the back corner to seclude myself as much as I can. (Which, for such a small van, isn't very much.) I lean my head against the cold metal interior and stare off into nowhere. I hear Tom say, "I think it has somethign to do with-" He stops, and glances back to see if I'm paying attention (which of course I am, but they don't have to know that), then continues in a more quiet tone, "May-ann."

"Yeah, earlier she kissed him and she rejected him flat-out," Max responds.

Tom ighs. "She must really like Jeff. Poor guy... Uh, Alec, not Jeff."

Kevin inhales and exhales a long breath before speaking. "On the other hand, he probably should have taken into account how close they were through pretty much the entire-"

I can't listen to any more of this. "Shut UP, okay? Don't you realize that I'm RIGHT HERE, hearing every single goddamn word you say!" I shout, pounding my fist on the side of the van. I clutch my head in my hands and grit my teeth.

"Um... I got an idea," Tom says, leaning forward to whisper his idea. Every couple sentences, he looks back to see if I can hear him. And of course, I can't. He's whispering.

Max looks surprised when Tom mentions something in particular. "Ok, I know she'd never go for that. Are we talking about the same Liz here?"

"Um.. Yeah, the one I went to high school with?"

Max nods slowly. "Guess it is the same one. But I still say she wouldn't."

Tom smiles. "You never know..."
♠ ♠ ♠
I am SO INTENSELY AMAZINGLY PITIFULLY JUST-PLAIN-WOW SORRY for the lack of updates!!!!!!!!!!!
I can't even begin to tell you how much.

Oh yeah, like the new name? Breaking Dawn reference, for those who have read really carefully.

Ha, and only one person besides me even partially knows this plan... And you know who you are. Don't yell it across the message board, please dear?

And Chloe... it ain't you <3