Yoko

Revelation.

Mike Dirnt sat alone in the back booth of an expensive restaurant, sipping expensive scotch.

What a way to ring in the New Years...

"Mike?"

The bassist jumped a mile before he realized it was Billie sliding into the booth next to him. It had been three months since the disastrous dinner, and Mike had purposely isolated himself from his friends, trying to put distance between his own guilt, the tensions within the group, and his own relationship problems.

"Oh...hey Bill." Mike said quietly, moving over a bit so his thigh wasn't touching Billie's.

Of course, Billie scooted over closer with a hint of a smirk on his lips.

"Where've you been, Mikey? I mean, you haven't stopped by the house, you don't call me anymore." Billie paused a moment, lower lip quivering. "Are we breaking up?"

Mike chuckled into his drink.

"I've just been busy, Bill. Estelle came out for a few weeks, and I took her to the zoo."

Billie made a disatisified noise.

"You know Adrienne would have loved to see her. So spill. Why have you abandoned me, and abandoned Tre? I mean, Jason's back in town and you haven't even bother to drop by and see him. I know Tre made time for him."

Mike flinched upon hearing his friend's name, which Billie noticed and didn't know how to interpret.

"Bill...if I tell you something, you can't breathe a word to anyone. Not Adrienne, not Jason, not Tre...not anyone."
"Mike, you know you can trust me." Billie said quietly.

There was pause as Mike took a sip of his scotch.

"In September...you and I went to confront Tre about his behavior...and he wasn't there, and Jorah wouldn't let you into the apartment."
"Bitch." Billie said darkly.
"Yeah...well, I stayed behind, to talk to Tre...and she offered me a drink..." Mike paused, feeling almost physically ill as he remembered everything he'd done. Everything he'd been doing.

"Well, one thing led to another...and I fucked her brains out in Tre's bed."

Billie's gasp of disbelief wasn't entirely unexpected, but it made Mike feel even more like an asshole.

"But...it was just the one time, right, Mike?" Billie asked quietly. When his friend didn't respond, Billie asked again. "Right?"
"God...I've been fucking her ever since."

He felt a tear of frustration slip down his cheek.

"I can't help it, Bill. She'll show up at my house when Brittany's out...she'll call me when Tre's off somewhere working...I just can't say no. And it keeps happening, and I fucking hate it, but I can't stop..."

Billie didn't know what to say, so after an awkward moment, he settled for patting Mike in what he apparently thought was a gentle, comforting manner.

For a terrifying moment, it seemed as if Billie was congratulating him, patting him on the back. The bassist tensed, and pulled away from his friend.

"Does...does Brittany know?" Billie asked quietly.

Mike's knuckles turned white as he gripped his glass of scotch tightly.

"We...we had a fight today. I told her I was leaving for a few days, and she just looked at me and promised me that she'd be gone by the time I came back. I pleaded with her...but...but her mind was made up. She's on a plane back East right now."
"Oh my god. Mike, I'm so sorry."
"It's my fault. But Jorah, she's like fucking poison, Bill. She's ripping everything apart. And Tre's completely infatuated with her...I'm obsessed with her...you and Jason are the only ones she hasn't gotten to. And I'm terrified that she's with Jason right fucking now, seducing him like she did me."

* * *

Moonlight spilled gently through the window, casting a gentle glow that seemed to hover around Chiyo. Jason smiled, and kissed her forehead. Her lips curved into a lazy smile, and she snuggled closer to Jason.

"I think I'm falling in love with you." Jason whispered.
"I know...and I think I just might be falling in love with you..." She replied softly. "And I can't believe you stole the keys to the studio."
"I wanted this to be special." He replied, tenderly brushing her hair away from her face.

There was a moment of silence, of beautiful poignant silence. Then Jason looked at her.

"Play for me?" He asked, gesturing to the piano.

Chiyo smiled, and slipped out of his arms with the sheet draped around her tiny naked body. She was gorgeous, even with rumpled hair and smudged makeup.

The piano was a baby grand, jet black with gleaming white keys. She looked tiny, sitting there.

And then she placed her hands over the keys and started to play.

* * *

It was amazing. It was fantastic. It was perfect.

Her hands danced over the keys, confident, sure of themselves. Chiyo smiled slightly as she recalled the sonata from the recess of her mind. Jason had a vague memory of the music from sometime in his youth, and it seemed appropriate that she was playing it for him.

She looked up at him, and her edges softened. The music grew unbearably sweet as she abandoned the sonata, and began improvising.

Jason stood up, blanket clutched about his waist to sit beside her on the bench.

"How are you thinking of this?"
"I picked the key of F. And I'm dancing around six simple chords, and a melody of my own invention. It's something I've been working on."
"Oh?"

She stole a quick glance at him, then laughed quietly.

"You gave me the idea for this." She admitted. "Back when I first met you in the guitar store. You were...dazzling."

He loved that she was blushing as she told him of her crush.

"I was so smitten. I felt like a teenager again. I wanted you in the worst way. You have no idea how happy I was when I realized you wanted me in the exact same way. It's been a long time, since I've been loved."

The music changed tone, as Chiyo switched keys effortlessly. Suddenly, the music spoke of sorrow, and loneliness, and unbearable longing.

Jason kissed her bare shoulder gently as her hands slowed and the last notes faded away into the dark.

"I'm here now, babe. And I promise, I'll be here as long as you want me to be."
"Forever." She whispered, her eyes shimmering with tears.
"Forever it is then." He promised.

She tipped her head back, her lips begging a kiss. And as soon as their bare skin touched, they dropped swiftly from the piano bench to the floor. Their hands roamed freely, discovering, learning.

And Jason had never been so happy.

* * *

"You like that?" Jorah whispered, putting her head on Tre's chest. The drummer sighed in content.
"Yeah, I really liked it."

They laid there for a moment longer in a lazy silence. The Tre stretched.

"Come on. We've gotta get over to Billie's house to watch the ball drop." He said, searching about the room for a pair of clean pants.
"I think we could do that right here." Jorah purred.

Tre chanced a look at the bed, and shuddered. Jorah was spread out, completely naked, the dim glow of the moon illuminating her body.

"Come on, Tre. Let's just stay in tonight." She whispered, slipping out of bed and putting her hands on Tre's bare chest.

Stay...

And Tre just couldn't argue with her as she pushed him down onto the bed, her smooth hands roaming over his body.

* * *

"Oh...well, I wish you'd told me earlier, Tre. I stocked up on Cheetos for you...Yes, I will. Tomorrow, for sure." She hung up the phone.

"Stupid drummer." She said quietly, then grabbed her glass of champagne and padded into the living room.

The emptiness of the room was mildly depressing, a stark contrast to last year, when Billie and Tre had gotten drunk and tried to make out, while Mike sat giggling on the floor next to the fireplace. Adrienne sighed, curled up on the couch, listening for the sound of her husband's car in the driveway.

But suddenly, the window beside the television slid upwards, and her husband's slender form came tumbling in, almost knocking over several plants.

Adrienne was barely surprised.

"Did you forget your keys again?" She asked dryly.
"Nah. Just wanted to do something out of the ordinary." He replied with a shrug, standing up slowly.

She sighed, then smiled at him.

"God, I love you."
"I love you too, babe." He replied, as he dropped onto the couch next to her.

Adrienne snuggled up next to him as they clicked on the television and watched as Dick Clark hosted the annual New Years shindig on ABC.

And, in Adrienne's opinion, it was probably the best party she'd ever been to.