Yoko

Hope.

The next morning, Tre awoke to find Jorah snuggled in his arms, her head on his chest. A small, content smile tugged at her lips. It occured to Tre that this was the happiest he'd been in a long time.

For a little while, he watched her sleep. Then the model stretched luxuriously. Before she opened her eyes, Tre kissed her neck gently, then planted a string of kissed across her collarbone.

"Mmm. Good morning." She whispered.
"One of my best."

He moved up to kiss her lips. Tre marveled at how happy she could make him with just that little smile; he almost didn't need words around her.

"You're so beautiful, Tre. I wish I could take a picture of you right now and keep it forever."

Tre blushed a little.

"Ahh...Billie's the pretty one. I'm just the goofy drummer." He said, embarassed.
"You're so much more than that." Her eyes were serious. "You've got such a beautiful soul, Tre, and it shines. Someone like you...you're the kind of man a girl meets once in a lifetime."

Tre couldn't find a snappy reply for that. But his face must have effectively transmitted his thoughts, because Jorah smiled at him.

"Yes, I am serious."

Before he could argue, she reached up and began to kiss him, drawing him back down into their nest.

And Tre had absolutely no intention of stopping her.

***

"Billie, just calm down, alright?"
"We need to call him again." Billie snapped, pacing the length of the kitchen like a caged lion.

Mike sighed and looked pleadingly at Adrienne.

"Billie, he's obviously not picking up his phone."
"He left on foot, goddamn it. And it's a fucking blizzard out there. How aren't you two worried?"
"He was angry. He probably went home."
"And not answered the house phone? Even when we blocked the number?"

Adrienne fell silent.

"He could be in a fucking snowdrift somewhere, and we won't find him until spring." Billie muttered.
"Don't say things like that. Tre was pissed. He left. He was probably at a bar and went home with some random girl, and we'll hear from him later, when he's cooled down." Mike said soothingly.

Billie sighed, and stopped pacing.

"I hope so."