Status: In the process of being rewritten.

It's Not a Fashion Statement...It's a ***ing Death Wish!

Conveniant Stores and Shopping Carts

We were standing in a silence, all staring at each other. At the back of my mind, I remembered when someone told me that every time everyone in a room is silent or have awkward silences, a gay baby is born. How is that relevant to right now, I argued with myself. Frank was the first one to break the silence. "Bobbi!" I took off my guitar and set it to the side before meeting Frank and jumping on him in a tackle/hug.

"Frank!"

"Hey. You didn't tell me you were in a band," he said from beneath me. I stood and dusted off my pants before helping him up. Once he was up, I punched him in the arm.

"And you never told me that you were in a band."

"Ow. Well, I wanted to see if you liked me for me or if you liked me because I'm in a world-famous band. Forgive me," he said, pouting. I laughed and jumped on him again.

"Of course guitar slut."

"Why do you keep on calling me guitar slut?"

"Because you always use a different guitar. Don't you know you're supposed to treat a guitar like a lady? You play on her, gently, make sweet music with her, spend moments you'll always remember, and then respect her."

"That's a lesson in love I can pay attention to," Frank said after a moment.

I heard someone clear their throat. I turned and said, "Oh. Yeah. Umm, Frankie, this is Hazi, my sis and our lead singer, Dan, her boyfriend and bassist, Sam, our friend and keyboardist, and Alex, our friend and drummer. Guys, this is Frank Iero." Frank shook hands with all of them and then turned back to me.

"Oh. Bobbi, this is Gerard Way." Gerard walked up to me, smiling slightly and I realized he was the man that I'd seen that night and the one who'd taped the note outside my window.

"Hello, new neighbor." He shook my hand and it was electrifying. Gerard glanced up and went to go shake hands with the others as Frank introduced him to them. Mikey walked up and held out his hand.

"Mikey Way."

"Bobbi. Do you mind if I call you Mikes?"

"As long as you don't mind if I call you Bobbers."

"No prob there. Everyone already does." He smiled and walked off and I introduced myself to Bob and Ray. Awhile later, we were all talking about stuff and Frank pulled me aside. "Wanna play twenty questions?"

"Sure."

"We'll go about you, since I don't know anything about you, but you know about me."

"Okay."

"Full name?"

"Bobbi Jo Lyn Ressler."

"Where do you hail from?"

"PA along with all of our band." He noticed my guitar and picked it up.

"Awsome Fender."

"Thanks. See this," I asked, pointing to the sticker I had made for our band.

"Yeah."

"That's our band. I wanted Apostles of Night's Romance, as kind of a tribute to you guys, and my sis wanted Creatures of Darkness, so we kinda compromised."

"The rest of the band doesn't mind?"

"It was just me and my sis to start out with. We moved up here, and then Sam and Dan and Alex followed, and just kinda joined."

"Where're your mom and dad?"

"PA with my two other younger sisters. Trish, who's 17, and Cassie, who's 15."

"Do you ever visit them?"

"Off and on. Me and Hazi have to go to a Fourth of July party on July 2. Our family wants to see us I guess. I already know it's going to be a disaster. Relatives and my family, not exactly mixers. And I also have a good feeling Dan's gonna get grilled by my dad."

"Grilled and served with onions, huh?"

I laughed and said, "Yeah."

"Okay. Next question. Why did you guys move to Jersey?"

"Aren't you the one who said that there's no place better in the world than Jersey?" He laughed.

"We moved here because I'd wanted to ever since I first heard this is where you came from. When I turned 18, I moved up here and stayed at a hotel for a few weeks until I had enough money to rent an apartment. Then Hazi turned 18 and moved up here with me and I had to move to someplace with a garage so we could have band practice."

"Okay. Okay."

"Hold that thought Frank. I'll be right back." I edged over to the edge of the group to where Gee and Hazi were talking. I was amazed.

They'd even managed to be wearing almost the same things; black jeans, a black shirt, and converse, although Hazi's shirt was one of Dan's. Anthrax. And Gerard was wearing a black tee shirt.

"Hey! Hottie twins!" They both looked at me. "SMILE," I yelled, holding up my cell phone. Gerard draped his arm over Hazi's shoulders and they both smiled a toothy grin. I snapped the photo and laughed at how much they looked alike except for Gee's white hair. "Look," I said, holding it up. Gee and Hazi both laughed. I started around the room then, showing it to everyone. I was showing it to Mikey when my cell beeped and vibrated, signaling that I had a text message. "Hold on Mikey," I said, turning and opening the text.

Hey. U wanna go inside? Frank.

I glanced around the room and saw Frank leaning up against a sagging shelf.

idk. I wouldnt lean on that shelf if I was u.

Y n Y?

Cuz that's how I got the scar on my leg. I was leaning up against it and it fell.

I laughed when Frank leaped up from leaning and observed the shelf before sliding to the wall beside it and leaning once more.

U never answered my 1 q.

I was so nervous.

I guess I'm kinda nervous.

Bout wat?

Bein in a house alone w/ a guy I really like.

U like me?

Ya. So?

I like U 2.

Ya. Sure.

I do!

No. I mean ya sure to ur first q. Jus don let Hazi find out.

How we gonna do dat?

I go in1, n u follow.

kaykay.

kay.

I flipped the phone closed and hollered," I'm ordering pizza!" The room erupted in shouts and I started up the stairs. In the kitchen, I got on the phone and called the pizza place. Frank, being the smart person he is, carried every portable chair we had down to the garage. I hung up the phone and turned to see him looking at me, sitting on the counter by the fridge. I slid up onto the counter next to him and asked, "Whatcha doin?"

"Looking at you."

"I'd think that you'd be tired of looking at me by now," I smiled jokingly.

He chuckled, still looking at me and half-whispered, "Never." The smile faded from my face as he leaned in. I realized I was going to get my first kiss since me and the other guy broke up almost a year ago. I closed my eyes and felt his lips press to mine. The next moment was spent suspended somewhere between Heaven and Earth. I opened my mouth to his probing toungue, wrapping my arms around his neck. Suddenly, there was a sharp pain in my lip. Frank and mines lip rings had gotten caught. We laughed and I took the ring out, tossing it onto the counter and continued with our kiss. We were interupted by the doorbell.

"I'll get it," I whispered before I kissed him once more on the mouth and ran to the front door, pulling money outta my pockets. Luckily, I had enough money for the four pizzas, two pepp and two cheese, and the four bottles of soda, two Pepsi, two Mountain Dew. I grabbed the two bags and four pizzas and closed the door. "Help," I whimpered to Frank. He laughed and grabbed two pizzas and a bag, kissing me on the tip of the nose. I followed him down the steps and when we arrived at the bottom, everyone looked and laughed at us.

"What?" Hazi looked at me and motioned to my face. I wiped my face and white cover up came off. I glanced at Frank. He had it all over his lips, cheeks, chin, and even some on his forehead. "Oh God," I muttered, setting down the pizzas and drinks and walking up the stairs. Frank put down his pizzas and just stood there for a moment, until I yanked up the stairs by his tie. I pulled him to the bathroom and handed him a towel. "Here. Fix yourself." I washed my face and dried it, straightening back up to fix my running eyeliner.

My hair was coming out of the bun, so Frank reached over and pulled it the rest of the way out. I reached for the scrunchi, which he held just out of my reach. "Gimmie it back, guitar slut!" Frank just smiled and held the scrunchi higher as I jumped for it. As short as he is compared to other guys, you wouldn't expect his arms to be that long. No matter what, the scrunchi was always just out of my reach. I noticed Frank's eyes on my breasts when I jumped. "You're only doing this so you can see my boobs bounce, aren't you?" He smiled devilishly and gave me bedroom eyes. I jumped onto him, knocking us both to the floor, and started wrestling for the scrunchi.

Suddenly, Frank curled up into a ball, holding his head. He had hit his head on the doorframe. "Are you okay?"

"Ice."

I stood up and helped him up, walking him to the kitchen. He sat on the table as I removed ice from the freezer and put it in a towel. I wrapped it up and handed it to him. He put the towel on his head, immediately removing it and hissing. I laughed and took it from him, resituating the ice on his head. My cell beeped and I flipped it open.

Whatre u 2 doin up der?

Frank hit his hed.

suuure.

he did!

whatev. look, get down here quick! Sam and Mikey look ready to make out! same for Bob and Alex!

wheres Gee?

went ova 2 his place 4 sumthin.

Kay. down in a sec.

kaykay.

I flipped the phone closed and looked back at Frank.

"Who was that?"

"Hazi."

"What'd she want?"

"Just worried about me, I guess." I laughed at his expression and stood on tip-toes to see his head where he'd hit it. There was no bleeding and no broken skin. "I think you'll be okay. You're not bleeding," I said, taking the towel away from his head. I stood normally, catching Frank's gaze return to my eyes from my breasts, clearly visible over my top. "God, you perv," I joked. He smiled and blushed at being caught, then groaned.

"I'm starting to get a headache."

"Hold on." I ran back to my room and grabbed my Tylenol, dropping two into Frank's open hand. He put them in his mouth and swallowed them. "Don't you need something to drink," I asked in disbelief.

"Yeah." He smiled, a veiled smile. He was going to do something. He pulled me to him, clamping his lips on mine. I wrapped my arms around his neck and smiled when his hands traveled my back. His lips left mine and traveled to my throat, kissing my skin. I moaned slightly and put my hand on the back of his neck. Smiling, I leaned down and licked the scorpion tatt on his neck. His lips went back up to mine for one last kiss before I broke, pulling him downstairs, after retrieving my scrunchi and putting my hair back up. We went downstairs and I sat in one of the folding chairs, joining in the conversation. Frank sat across from me and I glanced over at him. He smiled and ran a hand through his hair.
**********************************
At around 10 the next night, I lay on the living room floor, my head supported on a sleeping Frankie's stomach, watching Queen of the Damned. When it played the concert part, I stood, lip singing into my imaginary mic as I walked to the kitchen, opening the fridge. There was nothing but bread and some milk. "Hazi. We need stuff."

"Go to the store then."

"Don't wanna. You."

"I can't drive your car, remember?"

"Oh yeah. Guess I'll go then." I walked back to my room and put on my Smashing Pumpkins hoodie and my took down my hair, shoving on my Misfits beanie. I walked back out into the kitchen, grabbing a 50 and a 20 from the jar on top of the fridge. The jar was meant to be a cursing jar, but we gave up on it considering the jar got all the money we made. I stood behind the couch in the living room and watched Akasha and Lestat in a bathtub filled with rose petals. "I'm going now. I guess alone too."

"No. I'll go. I have to get cigarettes anyway," Gerard said, standing from the couch and following me to the door. I walked out into the night and got into my car, starting it and switching the cd to Smashing Pumpkins, the Adore album, and turned it to Blank Page as Gerard climbed in. I handed him a beanie, and he poked out his lip, saying, "You don't like my hairstyle?" I laughed.

"It's not that Gee. It's just I thought you might want it."

"You thought right," he said, jamming the hat onto his head.

He smiled at me and I laughed and peeled out. Gerard smiled at me and we rode to the supermarket, laughing and singing with the radio. I got out and locked the car, laughing as Gerard jumped at a little gangsta looking kid. The kid ducked and ran.

"You better run, you little fucker! It's way past you're fucking bedtime anyway!"

He looked back at me and smiled. I led the way into the store and got a shopping cart, wheeling it around the store and laughing at Gerard's antics. He'd go to the end of the aisle I was in and strike violent poses, or do advertising for products. I giggled when he picked up a box of tampons without even looking at them and said something about being so smooth and able to fit in tight spaces before smiling stupidly.

"Umm. Gee. Look."

He looked at the box in his hands and screamed, dropping them. He mocked cried and ran behind me. I laughed and walked up to the counter to pay. When we were out of the store, Gerard picked me up and put me in the cart, wheeling me around the parking lot. We accidentally hit a car and the alarms started going off. Laughing and cursing, we ran to my car and unloaded the stuff into the trunk and I sped off, stopping at a 7-11. I went inside and got Gee and me each a pack of Marlboro Reds and a pack of spearmint gum.

I walked out of the store. Tossing Gee his pack, I got in the car. "I didn't know you smoked."

"I don't around my sister. Don't tell her or she'll freak out."

"Promise."

"Thanks." I started the car and pressed play on the cd, softly singing along. I looked at Gee and sang the highest part. He smiled sort of, and then he leaned forward, taking me by the shoulders and pulling me into a deep and passionate kiss, that, to my surprise, I returned, with just as much passion as he.