Sequel: Love Spells Magic

The Closest Thing We Have To Magic

Gotchya

It had been an hour since the director had called everybody else for the meeting, leaving Shay, me, and two other dancers Kristy and Alexia. We hadn’t seen them since. The sun had finally appeared from behind the clouds showering the whole area with sunshine.

“So….what do you want to do right now?” Alexia asked looking around. For the last hour we had just been standing watching them film the same scene over and over and over again.

Shay shrugged. “We need to do something fun. I haven’t done anything fun since I’ve come here. Well, except jumping into the lake.” Shay grinned at me.

I rolled my eyes. “Please, don’t remind me of that. I’m not making contact with cold water ever again.”

We pondered for a few minutes trying to figure out what to do. All of a sudden, I smiled. I knew exactly what to do.

“Guys, we have to get back at Nick. He got back at me last night calling me ridiculously late. Now we have to get back at him.”

Kristy and Alexia looked at us completely confused. Shay knew what I was talking about. Shay quickly explained to them the situation. Smiles grew on their faces as Shay told them.

“This has to be good. We have to take Nick by surprise.” Kristy grinned.

“Definitely. Anyone have any good ideas?”

Once again, we all stood there trying to come up with a good prank to play on Nick. I racked my brain to come up with something to do. Looking around, I looked to see what we could used.

I snapped my fingers. “I got it.”

All three of them turned their heads towards me.

“What?” Alexia asked.

Without saying anything, I pointed to a garden hose that was lying on the ground less than 10 feet away from us.

“That.”
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten minutes later, Shay, Alexia, Kristy and I were crouched behind a bush watching Nick, Joe, Kevin and Roshan walking towards where we had been standing before. I had the hose in my hand, ready to turn in on. It was aimed to about where I had estimated they were going to stop.

They were approaching the spot slowly talking about who knows what. Shay was behind me holding the garden hose with Kristin and Alexia holding the end of the hose. A few more seconds….

“1…..2…..3” Shay whispered. On the count of 3, I twisted the knob hitting Nick square in the chest with cold water that sprayed allover his body. Unfortunately, for Joe, Kevin and Roshan, Shay and I turned the hose so the water attacked them too.

“What the…?!?” Nick sputtered. His face had confusion written all over him as he looked over to his brothers and friend who were wondering how they were now soaked with water. And again for Roshan and Nick.

All four of us slowly got on our feet from behind the bush. With smirks on our faces we all said ”Gotchya.

All of their faces turned to disbelief and a slight bit of annoyance when they saw us get up. I set the hose down, and we started walking over to them. Nick shook his head trying to get the water out of his hair. It didn’t really help him; his curls were still matted down with water which was entangled in between them. Kevin was doing the same thing as Nick who had the same problem with his curly hair.

“What was that for?!?” Joe exclaimed. He also was trying to take the water out of his hair. What was it with these boys and their hair? They worry about theirs more than girls do,I thought.

“Actually, it was supposed to only hit Nick. It was just unfortunate that you guys were next to him” Shay explained.

“Thanks” Kevin scoffed. “Glad to know we got part of the wonderful present”

“You’re welcome.” I grinned cheekily.

“Great, now we have to go back to wardrobe and explain to them why our clothes are all wet” Joe grumbled while glaring at us at the same time.

“Come on guys, suck it up. Take it like men” Alexia said smiling.

“We warned you, we’re good pranksters. Remember, you’re the ones that started it.” I reminded Nick and Roshan.

“Yeah well….” Nick said. Then out of the blue, he started smiling.

“What?” I asked slowly. I didn’t like where his smiling was going. Even though I had known him for about two weeks, I knew that he probably wasn’t thinking about something nice to do in my favor.

“Oh nothing…” he said innocently. “Except, I kind of feel in a hugging mood right now.” Nick slowly started approaching me with a wide grin on his face.

“Oh no you don’t” I said catching on what he was doing. I started walking backwards, hoping he wasn’t going to come any closer.

He came closer and closer before I took off running. I looked back to see how far he was behind me. I stopped. I couldn’t see him anywhere. Turning in a full 360 I tried to find him. Where did he go? I thought.

All of a sudden a pair of long arms wrapped around me from behind. I quickly turned around and came to face with Nick’s face a couple inches away from mine. After a couple of seconds, I backed away.

“Gross Nick, now I’m all wet” I said pretending to be disgusted.

A smirk grew on his face when he saw my discomfort. “Serves you right, I’m more soaked than you are right now.”

“Whatever” I grumbled.

A lapse of comfortable silence took over as we stood there. I wrapped my arms around myself trying to get warm from the cold water. I looked over at Nick who had his head turned towards where everybody else was standing. He then looked over at me and smiled. He opened his mouth to say something when Kevin yelled at Nick to come over to shoot the next scene.

“Perfect timing Kevin” Nick muttered. He looked over at me, and then yelled back to Kevin he’d be there in a couple of minutes. “Are you staying for the next scene?”

“I don’t think so. I need to go call my family and I have some things to do also” I said apologizing. I really wanted to, but I had so many things that needed to be done today.

“Oh” Nick said looking dejected. I immediately felt sorry for saying that I couldn’t stay once I saw his face.

“What about we do something tonight?” I asked hurriedly. “We can just hang out.”

A smile grew on his face. “Yeah okay. I’ll text you later tonight then.”

“Alright” I said smiling. “Tell the others, I said bye and I’ll see them soon.”

Nick nodded his head before holding out his hands for a hug. I smiled and walked towards him. His arms engulfed around me, while I put my arms around his neck. I closed my eyes briefly and took in his scent of his cologne. Guiltily, I pulled back and gave him a small smile.

He returned the smile before turning back and running towards the next scene. I gave a small wave to Shay before going the opposite direction, and started walking back to my cabin.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for the comments on the last update :)
And guess what? I'm only 10 comments away from 100!
I would love to have 100 comments before the next update, pretty please with cherry on top of a Jonas sundae? =D

Thanks to everybody who has subscribed and commented! Mucho love to all!
Love,
Kodhai<3