Sequel: Love Spells Magic

The Closest Thing We Have To Magic

Guitar Hero

Closing my phone, I put it my phone after finishing our conversation.

Shay turned her head towards me. “Nick?”

I sheepishly smiled. “Yeah.”

Within the next two minutes we had made it to the Jonas’ cabin. We were about to knock before I realized the door was ajar and meant for us to come in without knocking. I stepped inside and waited for Shay to come in before shutting the door softly. Turning around we saw everybody was crowded around the island in the kitchen talking. Meghan, Alyson and Demi’s back was turned to us while everybody else, Roshan Kevin and Joe and Nick, was facing the other way.

It was a little different to see everybody without their usually Hollywood outfits. Joe and Roshan both had loose jeans on and sweatshirts. But Joe had straightened his hair as usual and Roshan had his signature cap on. Kevin and Nick both had skinny jeans on with tshirts. All the girls had jeans on with cute tops on. Meghan had a plain pink long sleeve shirt on and her hair was straightened like Alyson’s. Demi had a long sleeved baby doll top while Alyson had layered her shirts.

Joe was the first one to Shay and me once I had shut the door.

“Cady! Shay!”

“Hey guys”. Shay echoed my hello before walking over to them.

Nick had already turned around and a smile stretched across his face. He walked over to me and said “Hey” the smile still on his face. He walked with such confidence and gave me a big hug. I loved Nick’s hugs; they made me feel protected and safe. I wrapped my arms around him and said hey. As I took my arms away from him I looked up to everybody else. They were all watching us. Joe, Kevin and Shay were slightly smiling but the rest of them had confused yet amused looks on their faces. We walked over to them while Nick still held my hand.

“Cady, I’m loving the pants. But I really think that it should be saying Joe instead of Nick” Joe said smugly.

I laughed. “Thanks, but I’m going to stick with Nick.”

Demi looked at us unsurely. “Are you guys….” She let the question fade off but everyone knew what she was implying.

Nick looked at me before answering the question that had been on their minds. “Yeah we are.”

Meghan squealed. “Oh my gosh you guys are so cute!” She clapped her hands giddily jumping up and down. Demi and Alyson quickly agreed by adding “Yeah you guys are.”

All the boys snickered except for Nick who was smiling again. I smiled at them for their kindness. “Thanks.”

It was only then that a loud crash came from near the bedrooms. In less than two seconds a blur of flesh came running from the source. This blur was also known as the famous Frankie Jonas. He came short of Joe and hanged on to his leg.

Kevin looked at Frankie. “Frankie, what was that?”

“What was what?” He put on an innocent face acting as if nothing had happened.

“That loud bang.”

“Oooh that. It was nothing.” He flicked his hand dismissing the subject.

Kevin sighed. “Do I really want to know?”

Frankie shook his head. “Nope. Not really.”

I giggled at his response. Frankie was a very amusing eight year old. He noticed me laughing and looked at me.

“Who are you?”

“This, Frank the Tank, is my girlfriend Cady.” Nick stepped in introducing me.

“Hey there handsome.” I said giving a small wave.

Frankie grinned at me. “ Hey. Your Nick’s girlfriend?”

“ Yes I am. But I’m also one of the dancers here on the set. So is Shay” I said pointing to Shay who was now talking to Roshan and Alyson.

“FRANKIE!” Mrs. Jonas’s voice could now be heard. I assumed she had heard whatever Frankie had did to cause the crash.

Frankie’s eyes widened. “Hide me!” He dashed behind the counter and stood behind both Nick and me. He grabbed my legs and buried his face into my sweatpants.

Mrs. Jonas came walking into the kitchen. She smiled at us as we looked at her. “Hey kids. Any of you happen to know where Frankie is?”

“Don’t tell her!” Frankie whispered. It wasn’t much of a whisper when we could all hear him.

Mrs. Jonas sighed. She walked over to where Nick and I were standing to find Frankie.

“Hey mister. Would you like to tell me what that loud noise was?”

Frankie put the most adorable and innocent look I had ever seen on his face. “It was really nothing. My suitcase collapsed and everything fell out of it. And out of Kevin’s too.”

Kevin groaned. “Frankie! I just cleaned up my clothes this morning.”

Frankie turned to Kevin and then back to his mom. “Sorry” he said meekly.

“Please have those picked up before you go to bed tonight Frankie” Mrs. Jonas said sighing.

Frankie nodded. “Mommy! This is my new friend Cady.” He came back to me and tugged on my pants.

I had never met Nick’s parents before, I had seen them from a distance on set but I never had actually talked to them.

Mrs. Jonas smiled. “So you’re Cady” she said her eyes darting back and forth between Nick and me. She was informed by Nick already I assumed from the look that she just gave us.

I smiled. “Yeah. It’s nice to meet you Mrs. Jonas.”

“You too sweetie. Remind me to talk to you before you leave. Paul and I have some things to discuss with you”, she said giving a reassuring smile.

I nodded my head. “Okay.”

“Come on Frankie. I’ll help you clean up your room.” Frankie made a face at the request but obliged to his mom.

As soon as Frankie and Mrs. Jonas left Joe stopped his conversation with Roshan and turned to the rest of the group. “What do you guys want to do now?

We all shrugged our shoulders. “Doesn’t matter to me.” I said.

“ How about we play Guitar Hero? We brought the game with us.” Kevin suggested.

Demi rolled her eyes. “Of course you would say that Kevin. That’s all you guys played on tour last summer.” [A.N. Remember this is set in the Late Summer/Fall of 2009]

“It’s a good game!” Joe defended.

Kevin went ahead and started setting up the game. We all followed him to the small living room and sat on the couches. The girls decided to place bets on the boys who had challenged each other. Meghan and Demi and placed bets that Kevin would win against Joe.

“Kevin’s not that good!” Joe exclaimed.

“I went on tour with you guys. You say that every time you’re up against up Kevin. And he wins every single time” Demi stated with her signature smile.

Meghan grinned. “We’re going to keep our 10 bucks Joe. You’re going to lose.”

“They have lots of confidence in you Joe.” I teased. Joe glared at me. “Just watch.”

I was sitting down a two seat couch with Nick to my left who was enjoying everybody ganging up on his over confident brother. His hand hadn’t left mine since I had arrived which I found comforting. Five minutes later, Joe was defeated by Kevin. Again. And Again.

I started laughing after the second time Joe was defeated. Roshan decided to test his skills against Kevin as soon as Joe decided to give up.

“You’re pretty amazing at Guitar Hero, Joe.” I teased. “You’ve won all but, let me think, no games!”

“Shut up Cady. I’m sure you couldn’t do any better.”

I raised my eyebrows. “Really? Want me to prove it to you?”

Kevin looked at me for a second before turning his attention back to the TV. “You want to play against me? Have you even played Guitar Hero before?”

“Well….I’ve played a few times at a friend’s. I’m really not that bad.” I answered now unsure.

Kevin laughed. “Roshan’s losing horribly right now, and he’s not that bad.”

“Dude I’m only losing by only a few points!” Roshan exclaimed.

Five minutes later, Kevin triumphed again against Roshan. “Want to play me now and lose terribly now, Cady?”

Taking my hand out of Nick’s I walked up and grabbed the guitar.

“Cady, honestly, I’m not sure you’re going to win this. You can’t win everything.” Nick said laughing at my determination.

I glared at him. “Yes I can. Watch me.”

Kevin picked the medium level and picked a random song. “Ready to get your ass kicked?”

“Bring it on Jonas.”

For the next five minutes cheers could be heard for both sides. Meghan, Demi, Alyson, Shay and Nick were all on my side while Roshan and Joe were rooting for Kevin. In the beginning Kevin was totally dominating me, but halfway through I caught up to him. From there on it was a battle to who would be the winner. As I hit the last chord I waited for the score to appear on the screen.

“Yes! In your face Jonas!” I cheered pointing to Kevin.

“I can’t believe it. It’s not even on the difficult level” he said disbelief running through his face.

“Joe. You owe all of us ten dollars” Demi said laughing holding out her hand waiting for the money.

“There goes fifty dollars.” Joe grumbled as he handed Meghan, Demi, Shay, Alyson and Nick ten dollars each.

“See, I told you I could win.” I said to Nick.

Nick laughed. “Yeah you did.” He took my hand and gave it a light squeeze and smiled at me.

I sat back on the couch while everyone else took turns playing against each other. The next half an hour we kept playing Guitar Hero. I don’t think I’ve had that much fun in ages. The whole night I was laughing at Joe’s silliness, Kevin’s competiveness and the fun we were all having. After awhile, everybody decided to stop playing and go back into the kitchen and eat snacks before heading back to their cabins. I was talking to Meghan about Rihanna’s new single while walking back to the kitchen with everyone.

I felt a tug on my arm and turned around to see Nick. “Come on. I want to talk to you.”

I looked back at everyone in the kitchen and then back to Nick. “Okay.”

Our stopping in the middle of the living room had gathered the attention from everyone in the kitchen. He looked at the attention we were getting and then back to me. “Not here. Let’s go outside for a minute.”

I didn’t get what he was doing. Nick wanted to talk to me, but not in front of everyone else. We walked to the door and went outside. He shut the door quietly before looking at me. He grabbed my hands and smiled at me the same way he did last night.

“So, what did you want to talk about” I asked unsure.

“Well, are you free Saturday night?” he asked. His eyes twinkled in the faint light we had outside and another smile played at the corners of his mouth.

“I guess. Why?” I asked confused.

“I was thinking we could go out for dinner on Saturday. Just us two. And nobody else. Well, we’d have to have Big Rob, but he’ll probably be somewhere we can’t see him.”

Now I knew why he wanted to talk to me by myself. Nick wanted to ask me out on a date. I smiled at the thought. “Sure. I’d like that.”

Nick grinned widely. “Great. Now let’s get back in there before they all come and try to spy on us.”

He opened the door back us and seven pairs of eyes turned their attention back to Nick and I as we walked through the door. Shay raised her eyebrow at me while her eyes asked the question ‘What happened?’. I sent her a reassuring smile and mouthed ‘later’.

Time passed by quickly afterwards. Everyone had an early call time tomorrow, and both Shay and I had to rehearsal tomorrow. Meghan, Demi Alyson gave me a quick hug before leaving since their cabins were on the opposite side of the set than Shay and mine’s. Roshan left soon after the rest did. Shay was still talking to Joe so I still had time to do the one thing I had left to do.

“Where are your parents? Your mom said they wanted to talk to me before I left.” I reminded Nick.

He scrunched up his eyebrows. “Oh yeah. They’re in their bedroom right now.” He led me to the back of the cabin to where the bedrooms were. We passed two bedrooms which I assumed to be the boys’ rooms. Nick walked to the last room at the end of the hallway and poked his head in.

“Hey Mom? Cady’s about to leave, and you said you had to talk to her.”

Mrs. Jonas replied something unknown to my ears. Nick looked back at me and motioned for me to follow him. I cautiously walked into the bedroom and I saw both Mr. and Mrs. Jonas. They were both on the bed relaxing. Mr. Jonas was on his laptop while Mrs. Jonas had set down a book she had been reading.

“Hi” I said shyly.

“Hi sweetie. Don’t worry, there’s nothing you need to be scared for. We just wanted to talk to you about Nick and you.”

My mouth formed a ‘oh’. I looked to Nick and he nodded which gave me confidence.

Mr. Jonas now spoke. “Nick told us your very trustworthy girl” I looked over at Nick and weakly smiled. “But we just wanted to remind you of a few things. Because of the publicity and paparazzi the boys endure we don’t have them inform the public of their relationship status. When you do go out with Nick, you will most likely be photographed and rumors will eventually surface. The safety of everyone is our number one priority so we just wanted to tell you to be careful. In interviews, Nick will still be telling that he’s not in a relationship or that he just dates.”

I nodded. “I completely understand. It’s fine with me. I wouldn’t want any harm to come to any of your family.”

Both of Nick’s parents smiled. “We’re glad to see you understand the situation. Nick is very lucky to have you.”

I smiled a shy smile. “It was nice talking to you. But I have to go back to my cabin now. I have an early call time for rehearsal tomorrow.”

“Bye sweetie. Have a good night” Mrs. Jonas said smiling kindly.

“I’ll be right back Mom.” Nick said before I followed him out of the bedroom.

Shay was waiting for me at the door. Nick glanced at her before saying goodbye to me. “I’ll see you tomorrow hopefully. Don’t forget about Saturday.” He leaned forward and pressed his lips to my cheek.

“Bye Nick” I said before joining Shay.

She said goodbye to Joe before walking out the door with me. We started our walk back to our cabins. It was unbelievably cold outside so we scurried back to our cabins. I informed Shay about what happened with Nick outside, and needless to say, Shay was ecstatic. She volunteered herself to help me get ready Saturday evening which I gladly accepted.

In bed later that night, comfy and warm underneath my covers, I realized it Thursday. Two more days till Saturday.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow! That was a really long chapter.
It took me a few days to write.
Happy Thanksgiving everybody!!!!
Don't forget to go shopping on Friday :D

Please comment, I love reading them.
Pweety please with a cherry on a Jonas sundae?
Ahaha.

Love,
Kodhai <3