Sequel: Love Spells Magic

The Closest Thing We Have To Magic

Rain Power

Clouds covered the sky as I rushed towards the Jonas Cabin. The threatening clouds looked like they were about to burst any time and I didn’t want to be caught outside when they decided to pour. For some people a week can be the everlasting hell but for me it had flown by me. Through filming and extra rehearsals I lived for dance, eat, sleep and Nick. We had grown even closer, if that was possible, since the disagreement last week.

Our love live had grown into a little drama situation through the cast though to the dismay of Nick. The back-up dancers and the rest of cast had apparently had heard of our argument and were on their toes to see if we would snap again. It didn’t bother me that much but for some reason it did for Nick. As amusing as it was to see the celebrity anxious of the public and not the flower on the wall worrying, I tried to assure Nick everything would be fine. The paparazzi couldn’t get a hold of us.

I shoved the door open to the cabin and stepped inside quickly. My body leaned against the door trying to catch my breath after running. As soon as I stepped inside, thunder cracked outside. I peeked outside and sure enough the rain was drenching the beautiful trees and flowers outside. Winds slowly increased in speed as it whipped the trees around and around. I had made it inside just in time.

Opening one eye, I tried to figure out where all the Jonas’s were. I could hear voices coming from the kitchen. Gingerly, I started walking towards the kitchen trying not to wake up Frankie who was napping in a solitary chair in the hallway.

Nick had called me earlier asking me to come over. Demi, Roshan, Meghan and Alyson were supposed to come over and rehearse lines with his brothers and himself for a difficult upcoming scene we had to film tomorrow.

I walked into the kitchen and greeted everybody. Nick immediately was next to me giving me a one arm hug. I slipped my arm around his waist for a second before pulling it back. “Hey. I’m glad you came.” He whispered into my ear. I turned my head slightly and came to Nick’s face centimeters away from mine.

I grinned cheekily. “You’re lucky I was able to come before the rain came down. It’s pouring outside right now.”

Nick leaned down and pecked my lips quickly. “Thank You.”

“If you two lovebirds are done, we have some scenes to rehearse.” Joe’s interrupted. A flash of annoyance appeared on his face.

“Aw poor Joey. You need some love right now.” I teased. Moving out of Nick’s grasp I went up to Joe and ruffled his hair.

His hands directly went up to his hair and frantically tried to set his hair back to its original look. “Watch it Cadester. That’s my wonderful hair you’re messing up.” Joe warned. I rolled me eyes at his response. A guy worrying about his hair. That was new.

“Someone’s a tad bit moody right now.” I mumbled.

“I’m not moody.” Joe shot back. “It’s not my fault Miana hasn’t called me back.” He muttered under his breath.

I glanced at Nick with a questioning look on my face. He mouthed ‘girlfriend’ back to me. I nodded my head understandingly.

Meghan clapped her hands excitedly. “You guys want to get started rehearsing? Then I won’t feel guilty later that I didn’t rehearse.” We looked her skeptically. “Just for half an hour?” Kevin suggested.

Everybody grumbled but obliged and started moving towards the living room. Nick caught a hold of my hand and dragged me with him towards one of the couches. He tossed me a smile before pulling me next to him on the couch. For the next twenty to twenty five minutes the cast transformed themselves into their characters and became them. Occasionally someone stumbled over their lines causing a fit of giggles to evolve out of everybody. I hadn’t heard that much of the plot of the sequel yet and I was intrigued to know what it was bout. Eagerly I sat up in my seat listening to the dialogue.

Eventually my mind became distracted as they began to repeat the same scene over and over again. My eyes wandered around the living room before settling on the window. The rain was steadily continuing outside without missing a beat. The winds had died down stopping the trees from swaying side to side dangerously.

Back home, when Cincinnati had one of its major thunderstorms our family would make a small event of it. My mom loves to sit down near the windows, coffee in hand, and watch the rainfall. My sister and I would gather around here talking to her and having one of those mother daughter moments. The rare smile would be on her face after the tired days at work. I lived for the moments to see my mother happy and smiling.

My mind began to drift away from the current setting and started to relive the memories from when I was younger. One memory stood out from any other.

I was only 5 years old while my sister was 4. It had been a day almost like today. Thunderstorms came on and off throughout the day. Stuck inside the house of boredom, my mom had to try to find something to occupy us. My dad had gotten out video camera to capture the moments of growing up. She took my hand into one of hers and my sister in the other. We rushed outside into the pouring rain and were immediately drenched.

“Dance!” she told us. “Dance like there’s no tomorrow.”

And so we did. Skipping and twirling around in our little dresses. My sister had grabbed my hand and we spun around in circles till we became to dizzy. I had run into my mom’s arms and she picked me up and twisted her body making it seem like I was flying. My dad had set down the camera angling it so it could still record. He mimicked the same act my mom had done with my little sister. The water splashed on my face and I threw my arms into the air with the biggest smile on my face feeling like I was on top of the world.


I smiled reliving the moment in my mind. I turned back to the cast who were still rehearsing the scene.

Everybody was intently rehearsing into making the scene perfect. I looked back to the window and then to Nick sitting right beside me. A light bulb lighted up inside my head. With a small grin on my face, I turned to Nick and leaned up to his ear.

“Nick? Let’s go outside in the rain.” I whispered. His head shot up and met my eyes. “What?” He exclaimed.

Alyson was in the middle of saying her line and abruptly ended when Nick started talking. Everybody’s heads snapped towards us.

“Please?” I begged. Nick looked at me like I was crazy. “Are you out of our mind?”

Kevin’s eyes darted between us. “What did she say Nick?”

He looked at his older brother without responding and pivoted his body so he was facing me. “Why?

“It’ll be fun. Please please please say you’ll come.” I pleaded. I attempted to make my old pout that had worked so many times on my dad when I was younger whenever I wanted something badly. Taking his hands into mine I looked up to him and played with his fingers at the same time.

Nick groaned. “Cady don’t do this to me. Don’t give me that look.” He glanced at me one more time and back to his brothers debating the trouble he could get into and then looked at me. He sighed. “Fine. I’ll do it.”

I smiled widely. “You will? Thank you thank you thank you.” I jumped gleefully off the couch. “Come on, let’s go now.”

Nick unfolded his legs and stood up. “Mom is going to kill me later.” He muttered.

“What are you guys doing?” Roshan asked the question on everybody’s mind.

Before Nick could reply I tugged on his arm and pulled him with me to the door near the back of the kitchen. “Come on” I urged.

From the corner of my eye, I could see Nick turn his head back to his friends and mouth “Help me!”

“Come on you big baby.” I repeated. I shoved the door open and stepped outside dragging Nick with me.

Rain hit us instantly and drenched our whole bodies. I let go of Nick’s hand and threw my arms out. Skipping around I twirled and spun around again and again reliving the memory from ten years ago. I giggled at the sight of Nick. His curls stuck to his forehead as he watched me with a grin slowly appearing on his face. I ran a few feet before stopping and did a full 360 degree turn. I tilted my face upwards so the rain could hit my face and held my arms out. I opened my eyes and searched for Nick. Looking to my left, and then to my right, I looked for him. “Nick?”

A pair of arms snaked around my waist from behind me. Nick set his chin on my shoulder placing his arms on my stomach. I folded my arms on top of his and turned my face to the left and looked up. I smiled sweetly at him. He copied the smile on my face and smirked. With his wet curls sticking to his face Nick looked unbelievably adorable. His eyes shined making him more irresistible. I brought my hands up to his face and brought him closer to me. I stood on my tip toes and gave him a soft and gentle kiss. I started to back away but was brought closer as he yanked my body the closest it could be to his. His lips enclosed on top of mine as I moved my arms behind his neck. His tender lips moved with mine as we stood there under the pouring rain.

If I had felt sparks before in any other kiss, these sparks certainly outdid the others by at least a thousand times. Nick’s lips pushed softly against mine as the kiss went on for awhile. Our lips hadn’t broken once and I hoped they didn’t have to anytime soon. A couple minutes later I pulled back for air.

“Why did you stop?” Nick pouted. His eyes bored into mine as they craved for more.

“I have to breathe Nick.” I joked. I stood back on my toes and gave him one more kiss lingering on his lips for a couple seconds.

Nick removed his hands from my waist and brought them up to my arms. I mimicked him and set my hands on his arms. He leaned down but instead of kissing me, he set his forehead against mine. His lips were so close and tempting that it took all my willpower to resist from kissing him again. I moved my eyes from his lips up to his eyes. We stood there for a few moments looking into each other’s eyes. Nick opened his mouth and hesitated to speak. I gave him a curious look prompting him to speak. “I love you.”

That was not what I was expecting. I froze upon hearing those three words. We had been dating for six weeks; a month and half. The fact we liked each other was obvious to even a three year old, but we had never told each other we loved them. I had given to thought of it a few times but I wasn’t expecting it right now. But was I ready to say it and mean it? I had never had a serious boyfriend, hell, Nick was my first kiss. I cared about Nick with all my heart and I knew that I couldn’t be my bubbly self without him. Realizing this I gazed right into Nick Jonas’s eyes. “I love you too.”

Nick backed away beaming with this new known fact. I smirked. “Don’t let that go to your head.”

With that said I reached up and kissed him again reliving the moments that occurred just minutes ago.

In my world, the lamb fell in love with the lion.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for all the comments for the last chapter!
Keep them coming!

I hope everybody had an amazing Christmas! I know I did. :)
I've had this idea in my head for like forever...since the summer. It's cliche, but I love it. XD I thought up like tons of ideas during the summer and I can finally write them now since Nick and Cady are in that stage of their relationship.

Love to read the comments!

Loveeeee,
Kodhai <3

Random Note: For Christmas my sister got me a Camp Rock toothbrush that sings Play My Music for two minutes! LOL.