I Never Wanted This Lifestyle for Her

-Part Fifteen-

Image

---

*Gerard's POV*

"Will he be alright?" I heard Frank's voice ask someone as I layed there motionless but I sure as hell was awake.

I felt a sharp pain pierce through my back as I inahaled deeply still not opening my eyes.
I felt Frank's hand wrap around mine as I tried to open my eyes to the bright room that had no vibrant colors from what I could tell.
I had no clue where the hell i was but the IV in my arm and the machines with loud beepers told me exactly where I was.
The Hosptial.
I finally got my eyes to finally open to welcome the white room and sheets to my hazel eyes.
I saw Frank sitting there looking like he had long sleepless nights as JJ slept in a chair on my other side.

"I thought you weren't going to wake up." Frank said as I saw tears sting his eyes.
"But, I did. That's all the counts, isn't it?" I said weakly as I squeezed his hand gently.

He nodded lightly as I saw a tear fall from behind his hair.

"Come lay with me." I said as I painfully scooted over and turned on my side making room for him to lay next to me.

He obliged and crawled into the hospital bed with me.
I stroked the hair out of his eyes as more tears fell onto my pillow.

"Shh, Frank it's alright." I said comfortingly and I wiped away his remaining tears.
"I was so scared Gerard, it's all my fault." He said through a choked sob.
"It is not your fault, its his fault Frank. I love you." I said as I kissed him making him stop sobbing.

He pressed more into the kiss as my hands traveled to the sides of his stomach making him tremble at my touch.
I heard someone clear their throat from behind me and I looked to see JJ standing there with a grin on her face.
I took a better look at what she was wearing, and smiled at her.
She was wearing a dark green dress that went to her knees with a black under skirt and black tights with green ballet looking shoes and a Green bow hanging on the side of her head.

"Good morning daddy, do you like my dress? My mom got me this before i went to the orphanage." She said as she straightened out her little dress and stood on her tippy toes making her a bit taller.
"You look so beautiful, come here." I said as I held out my hand.

She came running towards me and jumped on the bed making me wheeze a little bit from the pain from the lower part of my back.
"Why were you sleeping for so long daddy?" She asked me as she snuggeled herself in between Frank and I.
"He had to rest baby, so he could get better. Then come live at home with us again." Frank answered as he messed with her hair.
"Can we go home yet?" She asked me with pleading eyes.
"Of course. Just have to ask the nurse." I laughed lightly as a nurse in a white dress and a red cross patch over her left pocket came in.

JJ squirmed out of the spot between Frank and I and stood in front of the nurse looking up at her.
She fixed her bow and strraightened out her dress and stared back up at the nurse whom looked down at her with eyes full of happiness.

"Hello there missus. Could you maybe let my daddys and I get home maybe today? We've been here for a while waiting for Daddy to wake up, and he finally has. So that means we should go home and be a family there right?" JJ asked with pleading eyes and and a smile.
"Of course your dad can leave today. We just have to prescribe some pills for him to take and he will be out of here in a flash." The nurse said as she wrote down what things on her clipboard.