Before I Forget

Corey

I feel a sharp pain, and bolt up. I look around the room and see my mother crying into Joey’s chest in the hallway, Joey is just looking plain old worried. I see a guy taller than Joey standing against the wall in the hallway, he has a few tattoo’s I can see and he had a buzz cut, he is staring at the ground. I look to the other side of the room because someone is trying to catch my attention. I see a doctor with an AED defibrillator(NOTE: that’s the electric shock thing to bring you back to life, if you didn’t know.) I ask him what happened and he said that my heart stopped beating, I asked why and he said he would tell me later because I need rest and he can’t stress me out in my condition. I looked at him worried, what condition?

The doctor smiled at me and walked out, he paused at the door muttering something about me needing sleep to Joey, my mom and the man. My mom bolts in the door and hugs me like she will never see me again. I smile at her but my eyes don’t match. I can’t forget my dream, what if I lose her? Am I not good enough? Is Joey and his friends better than me? My mom is talking to me but I don’t hear her. I just smile and nod when she looks at me. Joey walks in with the other man. Joey smiles at me unsure of what to do. As if he wants to hug me but he doesn’t. The other man doesn’t do anything he just stands next to Joey and looks at me. I can’t tell what he is feeling or thinking, he is a shell.

My mom looks at all three of us and says “Joey, Corey this is my daughter Alexis, and Alexis this is Joey and Corey.” she smiles. I say that I’ve met Joey before. My mom tells Joey and Corey to come sit down. I do nothing to start a conversation with anyone. My mom and Joey are talking, I’m just sitting playing with my hands. The only thoughts running through my head are ’they are not going to come in, I will not let them, they are not going to break down my guard.’ That’s repeating in my head like a broken record. Someone says my name, I freeze and look up. My mom and Joey are still chatting. So I look at Corey and see he is looking at me. His voice is sickly familiar.

‘“Hello, New York fucking city!!” he says more things but I can hear them I’m being shoved to hard into the bars, I can’t breath and I start to see black and green dots. I’m gasping for breath as a song blasts from the speakers, I know this song I just can’t think of the name. Some crow surfers come up from the back and one is dropped right behind me, he wants to get to the front so he shoves me into the bar’s more if possible. I scream an ear splitting scream but no one hears me the music is drowning me out.’ I stare at his wide eyes. He gives me a questioning look and I just shake my head. My mom starts talking to me and Corey “hey you two is it okay if Joey and I step out for a bit.” Corey says sure and I just nod my head.

They leave the room and look at Corey and say “hi.” He smiles a bit and says “hey”. All I’m thinking is how awkward this is. “I have a question.” He looks at me as if saying go on. “Who are you and Joey ‘cause you both seem very familiar.” He smiles some more, “Well, Joey and I are in a band, actually we are also in other bands. The band we are in is called Slipknot, and I am in Stone Sour and Joey is, well was in Murderdolls. “ I start at him and think Holy shit how could I have not known that. He starts speaking again. “I figured you might not remember that, the doctor said it’s a miracle you can remember anything, hell he said it’s a miracle your alive.” I look at him and smile. I honestly don’t know what else to do ‘cause I’m sitting next to an amazing man in an amazing band.

He starts talking again, “so tell me about yourself.” I look at him and groan I suck at talking about myself. “Uhm, well I’m Alice Marie Smith, I am 15 years old, I was born September 22, 1993 and I have natural black hair and I have blue eyes, well I hope you noticed that.” we both laugh at that. “I do pretty good at school, I don’t have any friends, I hate the way I look. I have had eating and self harm disorders in the past. I like a large amount of music, all different kinds, I have never been to concert. I have never met anyone famous, err well outside of now. I have a pretty boring life and no one likes me, nothing special happens I guess I am a boring girl.” I give a slight smile at the end.

Corey smiles back at me, well things are about to change then, I stare at him. He smiles and says “Hey Alice meet your new friend.” I smile a bit, then I frown and bite my lip. He says “what’s wrong?” I shake my head and say nothing. I know its only time before my mom dumps Joey and I never see Corey or Joey again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Blahhh it sucks
but hell im updating!!!!!!!!