Status: Completed

Bottom of the Blackest Hole

Old News

“See, now, there’s the head,” Doctor Billiard confirmed us. She pointed towards the black screen with her right hand. I let out an awe gasp as the baby moved a little. Glancing at Josh, he too was transfixed by the miracle on the screen.

“We made that,” he breathed. I nodded slowly. “We made that,” he repeated.

“It’s a beautiful feeling, isn’t it?” Doctor Billiard asked. He nodded and continued to stare at the screen.

“Would you like to know the gender?”

“No!”
“God, yes!” Josh and I said at the same time. I glared at him.

“We are not going to see the gender,” I said sternly at him. He stuck his bottom lip out.

“Why not?” he whined. I shook my head rapidly, not saying anything. He let out a defeated sigh.

“No gender then. I wouldn’t want to find out either. I’d want it to be a surprise,” she assured Josh.

She told us that I was due in four more months. I was kind of nervous. Getting a small person out of me, even if it will be small, the idea scares me.

As we walked to the car, Josh’s phone rang loudly. He checked the caller ID and a smile lit up.

“It’s Adrianna. I should probably take it,” he looked up at me as if asking for approval. I grunted half-heartedly at him.

He smirked at me too knowingly before dropping his arm from my waist and walked a little further to take the call. I mumbled incoherent things while waiting for him to finish his call. It took two minutes but it felt like two hours. Whatever.

He led me to his car, opened the passenger door, and helped me in. He buckled me up but didn't walk to the driver side.

“What?” I said irritatingly. I glared at the steering wheel, not wanting to look at him. He took my chin in his hand and made me look at him. We were really, really close. I had the urge to spit at him but that may cross the line.

“You are so jealous,” he said quietly, amusement filled his eyes.

I snorted, “As if.”

“Okay then. I made dinner plans with Adrianna tomorrow night a-”

“Well you’re not going!” I mentally smacked myself. Great. Now he’s going to think I’m actually jealous. Which I’m not, by the way.

Josh raised an eyebrow, “Oh?”

“I mean,” I cleared my throat awkwardly, “go. Whatever. Like I care.” I ripped my face from his hand.

He chuckled softly. “You are so jealous,” he repeated before kissing me on the forehead.

“Am not, am not, am not!” I chanted wiping Josh germs from my forehead.

“I wanna go home,” I sniffed. He let out a small smile. He kissed me on the cheek, got up, and walked to the driver side.

Josh took one of my hands while backing away from the parking lot. He just held onto it. Like it was the obvious thing in the whole world.

“Josh?” I tugged his hand a little.

“Hm?”

“Why aren’t there any cameras flashing around at you anymore?” I asked curiously.

He let out a dark smile. “Well. The only reason I was even famous in the first place was because I was rich and single. Now,” he looked at my face then to my five months stomach, “I’m still rich but I’m not single. I’m old news now.”

“Oh.”

I began playing with his fingers and sizing them up. They were big. Really big, compared to mine.

“Josh?” I asked again a couple of minutes later.

“Hm?”

“Are you um, still going to dinner with the slu-I mean, Adrianna?” I said quietly, looking at our intertwined hands.

He didn’t say anything. Except for that visible smirk on his face, it was silent.

“Well? Are you?” I asked desperately, shaking his hand harshly. But still, he didn’t say anything except for that smirk on his lips.

--

“Wake up!” I yelled at him, my voice hysterical. As if he was electrocuted, he jumped up, looked around the room confusedly, then his eyes landed on me.

“What? What? What’s wrong? Did you hurt yourself? Oh god, did your water break?” One of his hand secured two of my hands and he pressed it to his chest while the other one, felt my stomach then my face.

I shook my head, “I just had a nightmare.” He let go one of my hand and I used it to wipe the sweat off my face.

“Oh,” he muttered, “Well come here.” He tugged onto me softly and embraced me.

“Do you wanna talk about it?”

“Nuh uh,” I shook my head from under his chin, where he tucked me, “I forgot it.” He let out a sigh.

“Let’s go back to sleep. Come on.” I shook my head once again.

“I don’t want to sleep.” Truth be told, I was wide awake. I couldn’t say the same for Josh though.

“Okay then. Do you want to watch TV? I’ll carry you outside. Or read a book? What book do you want to read?” He blinked slowly, sleepily.

“I want to eat.”

“Eat, right. Well, I’ll make you a sandwich, or a salad?”

“I want to eat pizza.”

“Oh, well I have a frozen pizza. I’ll heat it up for you, alright?” He got off the bed and stretched tiredly.

“I want Bertoulli’s Pizza.”

“Bertoulli’s Pizza is across town and they don’t do delivery.” He said and scratched his head. I looked up at him expectantly.

“Oh. Oh! You want me to get it?” I stared at him, mustering the cutest puppy dog face I could, “Alright. Fine. I’ll drive there.” He put on a t-shirt and shrugged into a black hoodie.

“Anything else?” I pondered quietly for a minute.

I ended up asking for french fries, and not just any fries. They had to be from a restaurant across town. And I also asked for cheese curds, which was on the other side of town. He, reluctantly, grabbed his wallet and car keys then walked out.

I sort of feel sorry for him. The other little part of me thought that he would downright refuse. He sure was going soft on me. That was nice. The tiniest part of all made me happy that he was suffering. Serves him right for answering me when I asked him about Adrianna.

An hour and a half later, I heard keys jingling and the door flew open. I was no longer on the bed, but on the couch reading a book and stroking Coco. I smiled brightly at the bags he was holding. He dropped them on the coffee table before collapsing on the floor in front of me. He laid his head back so it would rest on the couch, right next to my large stomach. He closed his eyes and let out a huge sigh.

I got up slowly and quickly pecked him on the lips. Which surprised him, considering that I don’t usually show this much affection.

“Thank you.” I said then began unwrapping the goods. I dipped the cheese curds in the sauce given and chewed on it dreamily.

“Oh, this is good.” I moaned. I offered one to him and he took it gratefully.

“Oh, wow, this is good.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Bleck. I'm trying to make their relationship go slow. So it's not weird. I don't want them to know each other for two days then BAM! They're in love. If you haven't noticed, it's been five months since Bailey is pregnant. That's quite some time. Haha.

Oh and this won't be done for a lot more chapters. I'm going to estimate and guess...about ten more chapters?

Anyway...my birthday is coming up. Yay! On February 20th, I turn fourteen. I told my mom about it and she said, "So? It's just another day. Nothing special." Yeah. Some mom. But, I'm trying not to let her ruin my mood just like she always does. Ugh, moms. At least, my mom.

It would be really awesome if I get banners for my birthday (wink, wink). I never asked for it before so yeah. And it would be fantasticalicious if my subscribers would comment. Speaking of comments, I want to thank you anybody that left me feedback and especially, Dazzled, who always, always comments when I post a new chapter. You really rock.