Wake Me Up When This Nightmare Ends

Chapter 1

“Adieee!” I heard Billie calling me. “Mike and Tre are here.” I quickly ran to open the door.

Let me introduce to you first. My name is Adrienne Armstrong and as you all probably know I’m married to Billie Joe. My life is… beautiful. I’m married to the man I love the most in this world and I have the most gorgeous children under the sun. Joey, Jakob and Billie – this is my life and these are my three things I’m happy to live for.

Mike and Tre are visiting us today; they will practice for the concert. They are so sweet together… Tre sets the atmosphere free with his continually joking. Mike and Billie join him, of course. I like to watch them how they crack jokes. Tre likes to make fun with me, too. He always thinks out something new.

Today he came up to me and said with joy: “Oooh, Adie… how did you sleep today, honey? If I had been next to you, you would have slept better, wouldn’t you?” He seductively grinned and shyly whispered in my ear, loud enough for Billie and Mike to hear him: “I like you a lot, you know. For a long time… What do you think…? Would Billie agree if we tell him… we’re meant to be and… we would… hm… we would like to be together? I can offer him Claudia for exchange.”

We usually all burst into laughter, so we all get stomachache. When the laughter died away I pretended to be shy and answered: “You know I would… but I don’t want to do this to Billie. I really don’t.” I heard Billie and Mike giggling.

“It’s a pity. But… you know, if you can’t sleep next to Billie… you are welcome to come in my house. And Claudia can go to Billie’s. I think they would get along pretty well.” and again, we burst into laughter.

"Sure. Thank you for the offer,” I said.

In moments like that I feel we are like small children. I love these conversations. I feel younger then. I fell everyone is younger. In fact, Billie, Tre, Mike and I are like a big happy family. And I’m happy to be a part of this family. Joey and Jakob adore the whole Green Day team. Everyone likes them. They are also a part of this family.

Billie tells me sometimes I can see in people’s hearts. And I really feel like that – I feel as I would know a man for a long time, but I would know him for just five minutes. People like to talk to me and tell me their problems, because I always advice them or just comfort them, so they feel better.

He also says I’m kind, and I think he’s probably right. I couldn’t do anything bad to someone. Sometimes I feel so bad for the things that are happening around the world. Wars, natural disasters, families divorcing, innocent children dying, people doing suicides or killing other people… Sometimes I just want to give everything to poor people, but I know the world can’t be changed in one moment. Sadly…