Wake Me Up When This Nightmare Ends

Chapter 9

In the evening, Billie said he has some things to do in the town next day. He didn’t tell me what things, and I didn’t ask him either. He just said he’ll be out from six till eight. I remembered he said to that girl…Sasha… they’ll meet at six. I was boiling inside myself so I still asked him before we went to sleep, and his answer was that I’ll find out when the time will be right and that it is very important.

“The kids will be disappointed again, cause you won’t be home again,” I said.

But my real thoughts were:

“I’ll be alone again…”

“I know Adie, I know.”

I got a kiss. Uff, you really can’t be angry on that man for a long time.

“But please, try to understand this thing is very important.”

Again, I got a bunch of kisses.

“Okay. I’m tired… Goodnight, Billie.”

“Night, Adie.”

After the third flood of kisses Billie fell asleep. But I was
making a plan in the night… I wanted to find out what these important
things are.

In the morning I woke up with purple bags under my eyes and a plan in my head.

I decided to just go and watch where Billie will go. Secretly, of course. Everything seemed to be extremely sick, but I needed to find out what was this about.

So I drove off son after he left. I watched out he wouldn’t see me.

The first thing that shocked me was that he didn’t really drove into the park, he drove somewhere else. I slowly drove after him and noticed he stopped in front of some house. I stopped too and watched. The house was actually like a villa. Someone rich must live here, I thought.

A young woman ran out of the villa. I think she was around 25. She had long blond hair and she was very thin. She wasn’t really provocatively dressed, but she still looked great. The anger in me was rising. What does Billie Joe Armstrong have to do with this young girl? They shook hands and talked. I couldn’t watch it any more, so I sat in the car and angrily shut the door.

Ooops! Billie turned his head when he heard the door shut – me, shutting the door. He noticed the car and said to girl something. Than he started running to the place where I was. He hasn’t noticed me yet. My heart was pounding 100 per hour. In a second, my head was filled with questions I barely kept up with. I thought, what would be his reaction when he would see me… Will be angry? Happy? Surprised? Very, very angry??... What should I tell him… Oh my… no… he saw me!

“A-a-a-d-d-i-i-e-e!!! What are you doing here?”

“Um… I…”

“What are you doing here, honey?”

He said with now more softer voice.

He didn’t seem to be angry. But he was surprised and confused. Well, it’s not so weird. But I didn’t know what to say to him. I was so confused and I felt defeated, and I don’t really know why. I just stood there and watched him. Oh… he was so wonderful. And he was looking at me with worried eyes, edged with eyeliner… again. And his lips… So sweet... And his hair and his nose and his hands… and ooh I love this man so much. I couldn’t any more… Tears started streaming down my face. He stepped to me, hugged me and kissed me on the cheek.

He hugged me tight. I felt warm all over my body. He whispered to me:

“It’s okay. You don’t have to explain. Come, let’s go home.”

He said something to the woman in front of the house which looked very confused, and then he put me in his car and drove off…