Wake Me Up When This Nightmare Ends

Chapter 8

Billie and I went into the house when Jakob ran over.

“Daaaaaad! Some aunty… cal…”

He needed to breathe in to tell everything:

“Some auntie called! Yup!”

“What Jakob? What auntie?”

“Auntie. Am… Auntie Sasha. Yup. Some Sasha.”

What does this mean now?! I haven’t heard of a Sasha before. I wanted to ask Billie, but I decided to wait for his answer.

“Ahm… Saashaa… Who was that already? What did she ask?”

Billie asked Jakob.

“She said… In fact I don’t really know what she wanted. She asked me if I was your son. And she was very nice. And then she said to call her when you’ll have time. Here is her number.”

He held out to him a totally mashed piece of paper.

“Aha. Okay. I’ll call her.”

This doesn’t smell good. He went to the phone and typed in the number written on the paper. The numbers were more similar to hieroglyphics. You could hardly read what the number is.

I stood there and waited for this Sasha to answer… and so I could finally find out what she wanted. I think Billie didn’t like that. He said:

“Adie… I think I heard a car coming. Can you go and take a look?”

I didn’t let myself be taken in. Ha ha, you won’t get me on this one. So I told Joey to take a look, and I was pretending like I was cleaning something.

Billie stood there and waited. It looks like she didn’t answer the phone. Pity…

“Nothing… No one answers. I’ll try again later,” he said.

And it looked he said that with relief.

Evening came and the thing still didn’t leave my mind, so I decided I should call this Sasha. I typed the number with my hands shaking and when it rang the first time, at thought ran through my head:

“What the hell are you doing? You don’t even trust your husband…”

I hung up immediately and called Billie.

“Honey… Have you called that lady yet?”

“Uhm, not yet. I forgot. I’ll do it now.”

He dialed the number again and I went out of the room, so he would be alone. But I left the door slightly opened, so I could hear him anyways.

“Hello?...Ooh hi. Yeah, sure. And I’ll pay tomorrow. Hmm… No. We haven’t talked about it yet. Can we tomorrow… at six? Okay. See ya. Bye.”

And what can I think now? I wished I wouldn’t have heard this conversation… It looked like if he was talking with a prostitute… but it’s not true. I know it’s not… but what was the topic then? Billie was already coming out of the room. I decided to tell nothing. He seemed to be in a good mood. Well let him be… if I can’t be.