Three Times a Charm

Chapter Two

"What do you have to ask her?" Drew asked.

"Well, Chae, did we have homework in science?" Drew sucked his teeth.

"I dunno. I usually get Charlie to do all my assignments."

"Okay, mind if I stay here?" He grinned.

"Eh, knock yourself out." He relaxed a little. I mimicked Drew and tried to balance a chip on my nose.

"I bet I'll balance longer than you." Drew threw the chip in his mouth and grabbed another.

"You're on sweetie." We moved our heads balancing the wavy square on our noses. After a few seconds Drew dropped his. I laughed and mine fell too.

"Way to go Chae!" Joy shouted. Andrew looked confused.

"I love you Drew Antoine Derry!" I yelled.

"I love you Chae Drake Moss!" Drew replied.

"I love these moments." Stella pouted.

"You guys are weird. Where's the other two when you need 'em?" Joy rolled her eyes at us.

"Speaking of." I whispered.

"Hey guys." Charlie waved. Zolo threw her head back.

"Hey Charlie." Stella scooted over. "Hey Zoe."

"Where have you been?" Joy scooted over for Charlie.

"Hey Andrew kid, it's a best friends thing. You're a lone ranger. Where's the other half?" I grabbed one of Drew's Oreo's. Andrew shrugged. The bell rung. Soon kids fluttered past us. Andy looked around wondering when we would get up. The crowd thinned out and only Charlie and Stella had left the table.

"You're sister is too smart... Hey, we can't be late or we sit out the next game." Joy and Zolo ran to class. Drew, Andy, and I sat there.

"So is this why you're always late?" Andrew asked me.

"Yeah, we usually sit here until some random teacher makes us get to class." I leaned back in my seat. The bell rung and Andrew swallowed.

"Don't you have a twin brother?" Drew asked.

"Yeah, he lives with my mom." I fell on the floor. Mrs. Petty looked our way.

"Get to class you little hooligans." She snapped. I laughed and slowly pimp walked to class. Drew decided to just walk normally and Andrew followed behind me.

"This is my hall. Like you didn't know. Lockers after school?"

"Lockers after school. I love you tookums." I kissed Drew on the cheek. He kissed me on the forehead and twirled down the 300 hall. I twirled down the 600 hall.

"Hey Chae, my brother got this date and mom won't let him go out unless it's with someone else. Would you go with me?"

"No."

"Please?"

"$200 up front." He went into his wallet and gave me two crisp hundred dollar bills. Wow, that was too easy. "Dumb ass. What time?"

"Friday, eight, Burger Shack."

"Cool, Charlie will be at work." I went in class.

"Mrs. Moss , Mr. Lake, late excuses?" I put my hood on my head and slid into my seat. Andrew looked back at me. Did he really I was interesting in him?