Sequel: Love's Requiem

Everything I'm Not

Perfect Fit

“So you can sleep in the extra bed room.” Bella told me as she unlocked her door.

“Alright.” I said following her inside.

Man did she have a nice apartment, I would not mind spending the next four days here at all.

“There’s towels in the hall closet if you’re going to take a shower.” She added walking down the hall and going in to her room I’m guessing.

I sat down in the living room and turned on the TV, about a half an hour later Bella came back in to the living room in gym shorts and a shai hulud tee shirt that looked too big for her as well as having wet hair.

“Nice place you got here.” I told her as she took a seat in the chair across from me.

“Yeah, it pays to work hard.” She smiled.

“So where’s this guest room?” I asked not wanting to take a chance of being with her alone.

“Second door on the left.” She said getting up as I shut off the TV. “Night Alex.” She said as I heard her go in to her
room and shut the door.

When I lay down in the guest room I felt my phone vibrate. For the first time in like three weeks I actually had a text message from my girlfriend, asking how I was. Great relationship we have right? The next morning I heard Bella in the living room shouting in some other language.

“No, no, you’re not listening to me.” I heard her yell before she went back in to another language; I think it’s safe to say it was Croatian. After listening to her yell for another fifteen minutes, she finally got off the phone.

“Parents?” I asked her as she hung up the phone shaking her head.

“How’d you guess?” She laughed.

“You had that head shake that one only gets after arguing with their parents.” I told her making her smile.

“Yup.”

“What happened?”

“I just got yelled at for not being able to go to Croatia for Christmas this year.” She explained.

“The tour?” I asked feeling sort of bad.

“Yeah, but it’s not like I wanted to go you know?”

“How come?”

“They’ve been trying to arrange a marriage.” She laughed. “Do you believe that? They say they only want what’s best for
me and I should marry a good Croatian boy.” She added shaking her head.

“I’m sorry but that’s kind of funny.” I said laughing.

“It is! You know what’s funnier than that?” She asked.

“What?”

“Every holiday or family dinner I bring one of my guy friends to pose as my boyfriend so they’ll leave me alone. The best
is Jesse cause he tries to pull it off that he’s Croatian.” She said laughing.

“Wow” Was all I could say.

“Which means I better call him so he can start practicing again.” She said grabbing her phone.

Within the first few minutes of the phone call her face dropped and she looked worried.

“So?” I asked.

“He can’t make it cause he’s going to Connecticut.” She frowned.

“I’ll go.”

“Nah, I can’t make you act like my boyfriend.” She told me. “Thanks though.”

“No seriously, I’ll do it.” I smiled.

“Alright.” She smiled. “We actually can pull off you being Croatian.”

“How?” I said confused.

“Alexander is a popular name, if anyone asks just say you spell it with an s.”

“Alright.”

After we went out for breakfast we headed to meet up with the guys so we could do an interview for a few magazines
and well as a photo shoot.

“So why are you going to Bella’s for Thanksgiving?” Jack asked me.

“Because I’m posing as her boyfriend.”

“Which just happens to be so convenient for you huh?” He asked.

“Look I told you I don’t think of her in that way.”

“That’s why you jumped at being her pretend boyfriend, and have yet to tell her you actually do have a girlfriend.”

“I’m just doing a favor for a friend.” I told him as we headed back to the hotel.

“Bella what’s in the bag?” Rian asked noticing that she had been carrying around a duffle bag.

“Clothes for tonight.” She said simply.

“If it was just clothes then why do you have a huge duffle bag?” Jack asked raising an eyebrow.

“Okay” She grinned, “Clothes, shoes, hat, make up, hair products, jacket, other random necessities” She finished.

“I think I’m afraid. I’m used to the tight jeans, tank or tee shirt with dunks and a fitted Bella.” Zack said jumping in to
Rian’s arms. “Hold me close” he added burying his head in to Rian.

“You’re just so funny” She said sarcastically.

We headed back to the hotel as well as getting a pizza to take back to the hotel.

“So Bella what time are we leaving tonight?” Jack asked her as we sat around the room eating pizza.

“Uh” She thought with a mouthful of pizza. “I want to say 8.”

“So in being a woman shouldn’t you start getting ready?” I asked her looking at my watch.

“What time is it?”

“6:30” I said with a smirk.

“FUCK!” She shouted throwing her pizza back in the box grabbing her bag and running in to the bathroom screaming
curses in both English and Croatian.

“I think we need to make her our permanent tour manager, I swear I’d miss he too much!” Zack said while we were all still
laughing.

“Seriously, we need her. Specially Alex.” Jack said making me shake my head.

“Fuck you.” I told him.

“Do you know he’s going to be Bella’s fake boyfriend tomorrow?” Jack asked.

“Dude just admit it, you’re head over heels for her.” Rian said. “it’s so obvious.”

“Uh hello I have a girlfriend.”

“That you have yet to tell her about.”

“It’s not like I did anything, why should she know if I have a girlfriend or not?”

“You’re sounding awfully defensive.” Rian said as he went to change his shirt.

“I am not.” I mumbled.

Around 8 Bella finally came out of the bathroom, and I think I felt my jaw hit the ground.

“Whoa.” Was all Jack could get out.

She had this short black skirt and a very low cut misfits shirt on with JFK on it, a zebra print belt as well as matching shoes, Her make up was all black and red, and she had black hoops in her ears. God, why did I have to have a girlfriend that wasn’t her?

“I know, I know, I just need one more thing.” She said pulling out one of those desert scarves and putting it around her
neck. “Okay, now I’m ready!” She said grabbing her bag.

We all just kind of stood there staring at her.

“What?” She asked confused.

“Nn-nothing.” We all seemed to stutter.

“Weird.” She mumbled shaking her head.

We headed out of the hotel; apparently the place we were going to wasn’t that far from the hotel we were at so we walked. And needless to say we wall walked behind Bella; I think you know why.

“Jesus Bella, he’s married you know.” Jesse said as we got to the back entrance of the Venue.

“Shut up!” She said looking embarrassed.

“Whose married?” Jack asked.

“Only the guy of Bella’s dreams.” He said making her face go bright red.

“Fuck you, I don’t need to stay for this give me my pass and direct me to Alex and or him.” She said quickly.

“Alright.” He laughed, “Here.” He said giving us all our passes.

As soon as Bella put her’s on her skirt she went running inside before all of us.

“Alexica!” We heard her screech.