Sequel: Love's Requiem

Everything I'm Not

Hell on a Horse

“What time do we have to be at your parents?” He asked me after I got out of the shower.

“An hour, so start getting dressed.” I told him as I headed to my room to get dressed.

I threw on a nice top and black pants, and did my hair and make up, by the time I was finished and ready to leave so was Alex. We took a cab to my parents because we didn’t have enough time for the train. The half hour cab ride consisted of Alex stealing kisses whenever he got the chance. I’ve come to the conclusion that I don’t give a crap about the whole don’t shit where you eat thing. I really like Alex; he’s great in every way. And I can’t help but grin when I’m around him. When we got to my parents house, my brother opened the door.

“So this is this years Croatian boyfriend?” My Brother said hugging me.

“Shut up Niko, it’ll work this year.” I told him.

“Alex this is my brother Niko, Niko this is Alex.” I said introducing the two.

“I hope this one knows the difference.” My brother said as we walked in the house.

“Okay, if anyone says anything to you in Croatian just act like you know what their saying.” I whispered to Alex.

“How hard can this be?” He whispered to me.

“Bella!” I heard my mom’s voice exclaim.

“Hi ma.” I said hugging her.

“You’ve lost weight, go eat something.” She said looking at me. “And who is this?” She asked looking at Alex.

“Ma this is my boyfriend Alex.” I told her. “Alex this is my mom.”

“It’s nice to meet you, Mrs. Sladovic.”

“He’s Croatian?” She asked me in disbelief.

“He’s Croatian.” I assured her.

“How do you spell your name?” She asked him.

“A-l-e-k-s-a-n-d-a-r” He spelled.

“He is Hrvatski!” She exclaimed happily and pulling him in to a tight hug.

“What does that mean?” He whispered in my ear as he took my hand and we went in to the living room.

“Croatian.” I whispered back.

“Dad, Alex, Alex Dad.” I said officially tired of introductions.

“So if you’re Hrvatski, what’s your last name?” My dad asked cautiously.

Fuck we didn’t go over that one.

“Gaskarth-ovic” He added on the spot.

“Gaskarthovic, I knew a man with that name is your family from Zagreb as well?” My dad asked.

“Yea.” Alex lied.

“Hmmm, Isabella he lives.” My dad said as my mom called us in the dining room for dinner.

“Nice save on the last name.” I told Alex as we sat down.

“Damage control babe, damage control” He said giving me a kiss.

Dinner went well, except when my dad started asking Alex questions about his “Croatian family”.

“What do you mean you’ve never been there?” My dad said in disbelief. “No family left?”

“No, we all came to America. I was born here.” Alex told him.

“Isabella when you both have vacation take him to Zagreb, I pay for it.” My dad told me. “It’s a shame he doesn’t know
how beautiful his heritage is.”

“Uh sure dad.” I told him.

Alex and I took the train home later that evening. Alex seemed happy, I mean he ate so much that while I did the dishes
with my mom and made coffee he napped in the living room.

“So we’re going on vacation in January?” Alex asked me as we walked down the street to my apartment building.

“What?” I asked confused.

“You’re dad said when we have off he’s paying for us to go to Zagreb. I want to go.” He told me, taking my hand in to
his.

“Alex, they think we’re dating.”

“So, I wouldn’t mind escaping with you to the Balkans for two weeks.” He said pushing me lightly against the door of my
apartment building and kissing me.

“Alex, you can stop acting now.” I told him as we made our way inside out of the cold.

“Why do you have to push me away?” He asked me seriously as I locked my door.

“I’m not pushing you away.” I protested.

“Yes you are, do you think I’m going to hurt you?” He asked me.

“Alex it’s not that, it’s just.” I paused to think.

“You don’t eat where you shit, what does that even mean?” He said furrowing his eyebrows.

“It means, I’m your tour manger firstly, and if you and I were to get intimate that could ruin that.”

“So then let’s just have tonight. Tonight it’s just you and me, no one else.” He whispered in my ear.

I looked up at him; I swear my heart was pounding faster than a racehorse.

“Okay.” I whispered as I felt his lips on mine as we made our way to my bedroom not breaking the kiss once.

I sort of wished the morning would never come so that it’d be just Alex and me for a while. But it came, and we were up
early to go to Manhattan and get ready for their show that night. Of course Alex, snuck in to the bathroom while I was showering saying he thought we needed to conserve water, in which our one night turned in to a night and a morning. The whole way to the hotel, he held my hand and held me on the train. He really made it seem like we were together. Maybe that’s where this is going? I guess we could make it work if we really end up caring a lot about each other.

“So how was thanksgiving with Bella?” Rian asked as we got in to the room and started helping them pack everything up.

“Not bad, food was amazing and my new name is Alexander with and S and a K, Gaskarthovic.” Alex told them making
everyone laugh.

“Wow, did they fall for it Bella?” Jack asked me.

“Are you kidding? My dad offered to pay for me and him to go to Zagreb for two weeks on our vacation!” I told them
laughing.

“Wow.”

“I know!” I said shaking my head.

By the time the bus came and we had packed all their bags back on it, it was time to head to the venue for sound check and for me to make sure everything was set. Jesse showed up after the first band. So he helped me and the roadies bring everything in. Right before the guys were about to go on, Alex pulled me behind one of the other bands’ guitar rack.

“What’s up?” I asked him confused.

“I’m worried, I think I might need some good luck.” He told me giving me a cheesy grin making me roll my eyes.

“Alex.” I said shaking my head.

“Please?” He pouted. I shook my head and gave in, giving him a hard kiss on his lips.

“Good?” I asked.

“Very.” He smiled giving me one more kiss and running on stage after Jack.

“What was all that about?” Jesse asked me, as him and I watched them play.

“That was me shitting where I eat, and not caring.” I told him.

“Well he gets my approval.” He said as we watched.

Their last song was this song called Holly something, I really can’t remember but I like it cause it’s catchy.

“Just another pretty face, but I want one more taste,” Alex sang towards the end of the song. “Come on Bella won’t you
turn me on!” he finished.

“If I didn’t know any better, you’re blushing.” Jesse said as I walked off back to the dressing room.

“Bella didn’t like her song dedication!” Jack laughed as they walked in to the dressing room.

“I am not turning any of you on, thank you very much.” I said as I walked past Alex to leave and start loading up.

“You already did.” I think I heard Alex whisper to me as I walked past him.

“I think you’re not telling me something.” Jesse told me as him and I carried out a half stack.

“I’m not telling you how much I don’t want to leave because I miss you already.” I told him.

“Eh forget it.” He laughed shaking his head.

“So I’ll be back and ready to spend Christmas with you.” I told Jesse giving him one last hug.

“Alright, be safe Bella” He told me kissing my forehead. “It was great meeting you all, good luck with her.” He laughed as

I got on the bus after Zack. And the bus started up and we headed to the next stop.

“Two more weeks till my birthday!” Alex danced, the next morning waking us all up.

“We know!” Jack yelled from his bunk.

“Stop!” I mumbled out of mine, turning over to try and get more sleep
♠ ♠ ♠
For everyone who has subscribed or commented I just wanted to thank you all once again : )