Sequel: Love's Requiem

Everything I'm Not

Can't you Help me as I'm starting to Burn?

“I think this had to have been the best idea to spawn from the minds of Jesse and Bella.” Frankie said one day as we were lounging around the pool at our hotel.

We were staying at the Palms Hotel.

“I do amaze myself.” I told him taking a sip of my drink as my phone rang.

“Bella come to Baltimore I miss you!” I heard Jack’s voice on the other line.

“I would but I’m in Vegas until the day before I come there.” I told him.

“What are you doing in Vegas?”

“Vacation?”

“Can I come?”

“I’m already here. How’s Alex by the way?” I asked realizing the last time I had spoken to him was in December at the
airport in Baltimore.

“He’s doing fine, he went to Mexico with Lisa.”

“Who’s Lisa?” I asked confused.

“He still hasn’t told you?” He asked in what sounded like disbelief.

“Tell me what?” I asked worried.

“Lisa’s his girlfriend for the past two years.”

“Oh” I said, that was a complete slap in the face.

“Yeah, well Bella I’ll leave you to your vacationing.” He told me.

“Okay, see you soon.” I said hanging up. “I fucking give up!” I shouted and headed back to my room with Jesse in toe.

“What’s wrong” Jesse asked as I screamed in to my pillow.

“He has a girlfriend.” I told him.

“Who does?” He asked confused.

“Alex!” I said pacing our room. “They’ve been together for two years!”

“That can’t be right, didn’t he make the first move on you?” He asked confused.

“Yes! He fucking used me!”

“Can I go with you down to Baltimore?” He asked me.

“No, I got myself in to this mess, and now I’m going to fix it.” I assured him.

“Okay Bella, are you okay though?” He asked hugging me.

“Hurts a bit, but once again nothing I haven’t been through before.” I told him.

“That’s my Bella.” He smiled.

I didn’t let that minor burn ruin my vacation in the least bit. I had an amazing time with my best friends and to tell you
the truth by the time I had gotten back to New York; I had already forgotten Alex Gaskarth. Unfortunately he hadn’t forgotten me, for when I left baggage claim in the Baltimore airport there he was with his cheeky smile that I swear I just wanted to punch of his face.

“Bella, I missed you.” Alex said hugging me tightly, just the touch of his skin on mine made my blood boil.

“I’m sure.” I told him, pushing him away.

“You okay?”

“Wonderful.” I said coldly as I followed him to his car.

The car ride was silent and you could probably cut the tension with a knife. I was getting more and more angrier as the
clock ticked and he knew something was up. When we got to his house, we were only there long enough for him to grab his bags and us drive to Jack’s house.

“My Bella! Did you bring me winnings from Vegas?” Jack asked tackling me to the ground.

“Presents instead?” I bargained.

“Works for me.” He said helping me up.

As I was helping Jack and Rian load up the bus and the trailer, some woman showed up. She looked about my age.

“Whose that?” I asked Jack.

“That’s Lisa.” He told me as I nodded.

“Alex, Lisa’s here!” Zack yelled.

I think I heard Alex curse as he approached her. I continued loading and joking around with Jack while they were talking
and hugging and kissing; lovely.

“Whose this?” I heard her ask as I was carrying an amp head.

“That’s our T.M” He said simply. Wow, I don’t even have a name.

“Bella you’re up to something I know that smirk.” Jack said to me after I handed him the amp head.

“Hi, I’m Isabella it’s nice to meet you Alex talks about you all time on the road.” I said shaking her hand.

“It’s nice to meet you too.” She smiled.

“Well I’d love to talk and all but work calls. Alex is lucky to have a nice girl like you.” I smiled at her and pushed past
Alex.

About an hour on the road, I was laying in my bunk listening to my ipod and reading when Alex sat in.

“What do you need?” I asked.

“I can” He began but I cut him off.

“Don’t even bother.” I said putting my headphones back on.

He sat there for a few more minutes and then must have given up and left.

The first few days of the tour were pretty much like that, he’d try to talk to me and I’d shut him down. Everyone already
knew something was up, but they decided it’d probably be best if they didn’t ask.

“Bella, have you done festivals before?” Jack asked me one night while we were making our way to the next city.

“Nope, how come?” I asked.

“May we’re playing The Bamboozle and then we’re doing warped tour all summer.”

“We’ll I wouldn’t worry.” I assured him. “It can’t be that hard.”

“Look stop ignoring me and please just listen to my apology!” Alex exclaimed stomping in to the back of the bus. I
assume he thought it was just me back there cause once he saw Jack he had the deer in the headlights look.

“Apologize for what?” Jack asked confused.

“Yeah, Alex what ever would you have to apologize to me of all people for. Remember, I’m just your T.M. nothing special.” I said walking past him.