Sequel: Love's Requiem

Everything I'm Not

And making You cry

The next few days had to be the weirdest three days in my life, and I’ve woken up to my best friends wearing my underwear so you know it must have been bad. Alex wasn’t talking to me, and the other three just seemed distant. They’d talk to me and all but it just felt very awkward and you could cut the tension with a knife.

“Here’s everyone’s boarding passes, I’m going to walk around.” I told them the day we were leaving to go back to Baltimore.

There was a chorus of “thanks Bella’s” and a grunt from Alex. I walked off and headed to get something to eat, we had an hour till boarding so I was fine. When I had gotten the boarding passes I had begged the guy behind the counter to sit me far away from them four, and with a little womanly persuasion he gave me a seat all the way in the back of the airplane. While I was waiting in line at some coffee stand I found, all of a sudden I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned around to see Mr. Jack Barakat.

“What’s up?” I asked him.

“I need to talk to you.” He told me.

“Can we do this after I get my coffee, I’ve been waiting here for 15 minutes and I’m next.” I asked him.

“Yeah.”

“You want anything?” I asked him as he nodded his head.

So I ordered me and Jack drinks and got him a cookie that he kept eyeing.

“So I wanted to talk to you about Alex.” He said with a mouthful of cookie.

“I so did not expect that.” I said sarcastically.

“Bella, I know why he’s mad at you.”

“He’s mad at me?”

“Yeah.”

“I apologized for puking on him!” I said a little too loudly and watched everyone stare at us.

“No it’s not that.”

“Then what’d I do?”

“It’s what you must have told Rian when you were drunk.”

“What’d I tell Rian when I was drunk?” I asked confused.

“About what happened between you and Alex when he was still with Lisa.”

“I said what!?”

“Exactly.” He said looking down.

“Oh shit, oh shit, oh shit. Did he tell Lisa? Should I be worried that I’m now going to be fired or something or she’s going
to try and kick my ass or something? I don’t like fights” I started rambling.

“Would you relax!” Jack said shaking me. “I explained the whole thing to Rian, and he’s mad at Alex not you. And no he
didn’t tell Lisa.” He said calming me down.

“Oh thank god.” I sighed in Relief. “So what I do about Alex?”

“Talk to him I guess.” He shrugged as we got back to where everyone was.

By the time we got back to Baltimore, it was 3 in the morning.

“You’re not seriously going to get a bus back to New York tonight are you?” Jack asked in disbelief as I was begging
Rian for a lift to the bus station.

“You bet your ass I am.” I told him.

“Why?”

“I miss New York, I don’t like it here. It’s not dirty enough.” I told him.

“Fine” Jack sighed, “Come home with me and I’ll drop you off.” He added shaking his head.

After we got our bags, Jack, Alex and myself shared a cab back. After Jack dropped off his stuff I noticed him puling
out two thermoses.

“What are those for?” I asked him confused.

“I changed my mind.” He told me.

“About what, going camping?”

“No, I’m going to drive you back to New York tonight, We leave now there’s like no traffic the latest I we’d get there
would be like 7 am.” He explained as he started making coffee.

“You crazy lady.” I told him.

“Probably but it’ll be fun.” He smiled.

So Jack drove me back to New York at 3 in the morning. And when we got back to my apartment after the 3 and a half hour drive it was almost 7 in the morning and I don’t think I ever felt closer to a person. The entire ride consisted of Jack and I talking about everything and taking turns putting on music of our own specific taste. We had talked about everything from growing up, to problems we had in our teens, to our first times, and deep secrets. Jack now knew things about me that not even Jesse knew and vice verse for Jack and Alex.

“You know this is the first time I’ve ever been to your apartment.” Jack told me as he parked the car and we headed in to my building.

“Trust me, you’re going to see that you didn’t miss much.” I told him.

After I was settled in, I gave Jack some clean towels incase he wanted to shower later and we both went to sleep. I woke up at one, to my cell phone ringing.