Sequel: Love's Requiem

Everything I'm Not

To the End

When we got back to the hotel I demanded to be carried because I was the birthday girl. All that got me was Zack and Rian throwing me in to the elevator.

“What the freak man?” I exclaimed picking myself up off the floor.

“Love you too Bella.” They both told me making me laugh as we made our way to the rooms.

“Okay, so we’re all going to Jack and Rian’s room in 10 minutes.” Zack announced.

“Yes, yes.” I nodded as Alex and I headed to our room still not saying a word to each other.

I grabbed the clothes I had laying out and headed in to the bathroom to change out of the dress I had on. I pulled on a pair of black denim shorts and a over sized black and purple flannel shirt and headed out of the bathroom.
I checked my watch and saw that it was almost ten minutes later.

“You ready?” I asked Alex blankly.

“Yeah.” He replied grabbing a small wrapped box off his bed.

He followed me out of the room and down the hall in to Jack’s room.

“And the birthday girl arrives!” Jack exclaimed as he opened the door and pulled me inside.

“In less than an hour it’s not my birthday anymore.” I pointed out.

“Shut up you.” He laughed.

“Cake?” I laughed as I saw Rian and Zack trying to light a whole bunch of candles in a small cake.

“It’s not a birthday with out cake.” I heard Rian laugh.

“Aw thanks guys” I gushed.

“And presents!” Jack exclaimed pointing over to the balcony where there was a few wrapped gifts.

“You really didn’t have to do all this.” I told them.

“Yes we did, with all the stuff you put up with, it’s the least we could do.” Zack told me.

“Okay, the candles are lit.” Rian said as Jack hit the lights.

The four of them began singing happy birthday as I stood over the cake.

“Happy birthday dear Bella, Happy birthday to you.” They all sang.

I thought of a wish and then blew out my candles. Causing the four boys to start cheering and clapping, actually only
three Alex stayed silent.

“Thank you.” I said hugging Jack, Rian and Zack.

While we ate cake, we talked about my friends that they met tonight.

“I love Matt and Eddie!” Zack told me.

“You and the whole world.” I laughed.

“Hey Bella?” Rian asked coming back in to the room from where he was on the balcony with Alex.

“What’s up?” I asked him.

“Did you hear from Kara yet today?”

“No why, should I have?” I asked as all of a sudden I felt my phone vibrate. I looked down at the ID and saw it was Kara. “Speak of the devil.” I laughed and picked up.

“Happy birthday! Sorry I cut it a bit close I got so caught up with work today.” I heard Kara’s cheery voice on the other line.

“Its cool lady how is you?” I asked.

“Pretty good, can’t really complain.”

“Awesome” I smiled

“So I actually have something important to tell you.” She told me as her voice dropped to a serious tone.

“Sure hold on a sec though I’ll go outside.” I said getting up from my seat on the floor and going to the now deserted
balcony closing the door behind me. “So what’s up, is everything okay?” I asked her, slightly worried,

“Well it all depends on how you look at it.” She told me.

“What’s wrong?”

“Nothing, nothing. Well okay, promise you won’t hang up after what I say next?”

“Yeah sure I promise.” I said sinking down to the floor of the balcony looking through the glass door, noticing Alex missing.

“Well, I talked to Lisa.” She said quietly.

“Okay, but what does that have to do with me?” I asked confused.

“Alex never had any intention to kiss her, she dove in to it and he pushed her away telling her to either just be friends or
stay out of his life,” She explained as I felt a pang of guilt in my stomach and a familiar pain in my chest.

“So he, I mean how. Are you sure?” I stuttered.

“I’m positive, he never meant to hurt you Bella. The guy’s head over heels for you.”

“I should go talk to him right?” I asked

“Yeah.” She told me.

“Okay, thank you Kara. I really appreciate this.” I told her.

“I got your back, don’t worry. And, happy birthday.” She told me before I hung up.

I pulled myself up and headed back inside.

“Where’s Alex?” I asked as I came back inside.

“He went back to the room why?” Jack asked.

“I’ll be back in a bit.” I said running out the door and down the hall.

I slid the key card and opened the door hurrying in to our room, hoping he was still awake. And there he was, sitting on his bed with that present from earlier in his hands. When he heard me come in he looked up. I didn’t know what to say to him. I had a complete loss of words when I saw his face and looked in to his eyes. I slowly walked over to him and kneeled down in front of him. As I took his hands in to mine he gave me a confused look. I kissed his hands and then went up to his lips.

“I’m sorry.” I whispered in to his ear, as I felt him put his arms around me and pull me closer to him.

“She’s my past, and all I want now is for you to be my future.” He whispered to me.

“So that’s what I’ll be.”

“Be my girlfriend?” He asked me.

“Yeah.” I told him as I gave him a kiss and he hugged me tightly.
♠ ♠ ♠
So that's it, I bet none of you saw that coming. I figured this would be the perfect way to end this story. And I smell a sequel coming in the near future : )