Sequel: Love's Requiem

Everything I'm Not

How fast the beautiful will fall

I don’t see what his problem is. I thought as I pulled away from the most amazing kiss I’ve ever had in my life. So maybe you can explain something to me, here I am kissing a genuinely great guy, good looking, and funny, intelligent, a real sweet heart. And yet I can’t get my mind around a guy that’s a complete asshole. Does that make any sense what so ever? I didn’t think so.

“There’s something going on between you and him isn’t there?” John asked me resting his forehead on mine.

“I have no clue anymore?” I sighed as Alex walked past us again.

“Wanna go outside and talk about it?” He asked me.

“I guess.” I told him as we linked arms and walked outside and sat on the bumper of his band’s van.

“So, what’s the story?” he asked me.

“I guess you could say him and I have been on and off since November.”

“He’s been with you since November and hasn’t made you his yet?” He asked in disbelief.

“Well that’s the thing.” I told him. “While we were sleeping together in November and December he was still with his girlfriend of two years that he failed to tell me about.”

“What a sweet heart.”

“But!” I protested. “ He dumped her, and from December up until about a month ago he’s been trying non stop to get back with me.”

“Well did you?”

“Once again yes but nothing in the relationship way.” I explained as he nodded. “And then I find him kissing his ex
yesterday after a month of me for the first time ever caving in and letting my wall down he goes and does that!” I explained feeling my stomach knot up again.

“That doesn’t make any sense.” He said blankly.

“Jesse says he was just looking for sex on the road, that I’m clearly not his type. I think Jesse’s right. I’m not exactly
the take home to mom type.”

“I don’t see why not.” He told me putting an arm around my shoulder.

“That’s cause were from the same group of people. It’s different with Alex, we’re from two complete different worlds.”

“Which is why you both might be made for each other.”

“I thought you wanted to get with me?” I asked sarcastically making him laugh.

“Oh don’t get me wrong you have to be the most beautiful girl I’ve ever laid eyes on. But, what’s the point in pursuing
you when you want to pursue him?” He asked me.

“I just want to put this out here, but if I wasn’t so in to Alex I’d totally want you.” I said blankly.

“Good to know.” He smiled making me laugh. “Have you talked to him about it?”

“Does punching him in the eye count as talking?”

“Last time I checked, no.”

“Then no.”

“Look, just talk to him. Things are never what they seem on the surface.” He told me. “Did I help the situation at all?” He asked me.

“A lot.” I nodded and hugged him tightly. “Thank you.” I added.

“Good, can I get your number now so that maybe one day you can tour with us or at least hang out with me?” He asked.

“Definitely.” I smiled and then exchanged numbers with him.

John and I hung out and just talked about the friends we had in common, and tour stories. When we had headed inside to watch the red chord together I was dragged out by Jack and Rian telling me we were going back to the hotel.

“But I want to watch the red chord!” I hollered as they pulled me out the front entrance with John, and the all shall perish
boys following behind me.

““No Bella, we have to go.” Jack told me.

“This is unfair! I’m the birthday girl!”

“We know Bella but we have presents for you back at the hotel.” Rian told me

“Can John come?” She asked making John laugh.

“No!” I heard Alex shout, causing everyone to turn silent and stare at him. “I mean, because we have to get up early.”
He said clearing his throat.

“Jack, please?” I pouted.

“No Bella I’m sorry.” He told me.

“Okay.” I huffed, and then hugged John and the guys. “Best birthday ever!” I exclaimed as Jack pulled me in to the cab with him.