Medically Speaking You're Adorable

Chapter Nineteen - This World Is Less Bizarre

He guided me to the bathroom, of course I knew where it was, I’d been living in this house from the age of six. Though I would never complain, I loved his direction, how he took charge, quickly by my side to comfort and steer me if I was in need.

I was utterly embarrassed, I had ruined the moment, as corny as it was and, had in turn put myself in what I would call an awkward situation.

I couldn’t help but think about what will happen when I reach that bathroom door. What will he do, leave me to my own devices or choose to help me in that hardly functioning room that has been named the bathroom, in the English language anyway.

I don’t think I will be able to bear having him in the same room as me. Of course this is far from his fault, I just don’t find pleasure in him seeing me even half naked, the thought of revealing any flesh threatening to rise bile up my throat a second time.

I cursed at myself quietly, if I hadn’t gone and done that, I wouldn’t have spoiled the moment.

Our moment.

Gerard had stoped suddenly, a partially amused grin was now featured upon his wondrous face, the only expression to adorn mine was one of discomfiture and humiliation.

Again today I have embarrassed myself, granted you call the first act only embarrassment.

I believe it reaches much higher levels of mortification, causing distress for myself.

Gerard was hardly ever at unease, letting me slightly envy his obvious strength in keeping his emotions close, keeping them personal.

Something I had always yearned to do.

Though, I was always betrayed by the ongoing battles that wisped through my mind, showing traces of pain, anger or ignominy across my alabaster facade.

“Frankie, you sure you’re okay at the moment?”

“Yes, Gerard, just grand” I whispered back sarcastically, a sudden look of discomfort on his face, hurt that I had produced.

Another slash against my name, today really has not been on my side.

No, I take that back, those things hardly matter. I shouldn’t be dwelling on the bad, no, I should be thinking about the three worded phrase, so over-used in history, which my Gee had spoken to me only minutes before.

Damn, I loved him, I loved him and he loved me, any more perfect and I’d probably be complaining on the sappiness of the whole situation.

I softly smiled to him, while the gesture was small it held the reassurance and forgiveness that my previous actions had taken.

We had reached the bathroom and I gulped as quietly as possible when both Gerard and I entered the room.

I hope he leaves, I love him and that is why I want him to go, it would be terrible if the ghastliness of my body sent him running.

Gerard had never been one to fret with looks but he deserved so much.

A lot more then I was offering that’s for sure.

My eyes darted from Gerard to the door and back to Gerard again, he caught these frantic glances, sadly, interpreting them the wrong way.

Gerard moved back to bathroom door closing it gently.

“Come here Frankie, we’ve got to get you out of that shirt. I really am sorry for scaring you, I’m so fucking sorry.”

The pain in his eyes caused mine to slowly fade as I walked over to his out stretched arms.

He took hold of my hands gently tugging me closer, just enough room for my spoiled shirt to be lifted over my head, taken from my body.

But the removal of that shirt would be the removal of my “safety blanket”, it was my security.

His fingers brushed along my waist, that feeling returning, the one the tightened my chest and churned my stomach.

A feeling I loved so much.

The very tips of his fingers moved up under my shirt grabbing hold of the seamed edges.

I freaked at that moment, he couldn’t see, he needed to leave.

I’ve never liked to show much flesh, not when it could be easily covered. I have always avoided all activities that required the exposing of skin, you can be sure I was never a swimmer.

I hated physical education that was the worst, each boy’s stare slicing through my body as they all judged and compared student to student, their mocking and derogatory shouts always filling the locker room.

I always changed as far away as possible, trying as hard to shield my body from their piercing glances.

Gerard let go of me, stepping back to see what was wrong, to let me explain.

I whimpered, cowering away from Gee a little.

You know, I think explaining is even worse.

I mean who wants to admit to a weakness, I surely didn’t.

I already had enough.

“Frank?”

“G-Gee, I don’t want you to see, I don’t want you to be embarrassed.” I ended my statement strongly, trying as hard as possible to let him understand.

“What? What the hell are you talking about Frank? Embarrassing, you honestly think your body is embarrassing?”

He wasn’t angry, no, I think he was more shocked, maybe even disappointed.

Though, I don’t have a clue why.

I just nodded meekly, hoping my answer was right. I didn’t want to lie to him, so at least I was being honest.

“No, no, don’t think that Frankie, don’t think that at all.” He cooed to me.

“Frankie, much to your disbelief, you happen to be most attractive person I have ever laid eyes on, and, even if you weren’t, how could you possibly think that I would ever love you less. Sometimes I really can’t see the logic behind your thoughts Frankie babe.”

I smiled softly, though this didn’t completely smother my nervousness, I think it did more than anything else could.

I’ll always be self-conscious, though when he says things like that it helps me forget for just a second, forget about all my flaws, my faults.

My imperfections.

He was back again and this time I allowed him to carefully rid me of that disgusting shirt, I stood there my bare chest on show, not much of a show at all that’s for sure.

Hah, now I sounded like a female whore, dancing topless in some dingy strip club. Its times like these, when my thoughts start sounded suss, that I’m glad to be afraid to expose a little flesh, the image of me as some stripper was shudder worthy.

“I’ll be back in a second Frank, I’m just going to put this in your washer.”

I got a little worried, was that some sort of code for “I’m leaving”.

“Don’t worry, I’ll be back before you know it, I promise.”

He always knows what I’m thinking, I’m just so readable.

That must be the reason.

He kept his promise returning with his face flushed a little, he must have done all that as fast as possible.

Strangely, the fact that he rushed made me almost jumped for joy, he really did want to come back.

Of course he did Frank, I thought as a scolded myself for thinking such stupid thoughts, Gerard would never leave.

Not when he promised.

He just stood their watching, it was making me squirm.

“Gee, stop staring.”

He just whined a little, letting his fingers run up my side.

I shuddered, not in a bad way, and I let him softly curl both his hands around my waist, smiling as he did so.

“You’re going to need a shower babe.”

I groaned, steeping away from him.

I didn’t like showers, I didn’t like baths.

I hated having to undress, even if it was only in front of myself, I just hated to look, fearful of what I might see.

When I took one it was as fast as possible, a quick scrub and I was out of there, sometimes spending a little more time to wash my hair.

Though only a little more.

Gerard just sighed, a faint giggle hidden beneath his hand.

“Frankie, you’ve got to take one, you don’t want to smell bad do you?”

“Hmm, I guess not, but I did have one yesterday.”

“Well that’s good, but I’m pretty sure you’re meant to have one everyday Frank.”

“Well yeah, I mostly do. When I know I’m going to see you any way. They’re just quite short, that’s all.”

He laughed at my expression, I was silently pleading with him.

“Frank, I refuse to hug you when you smell like sick and you don’t even need to be in there long, just scrub your self with some soap and stuff.”

“You won’t hug meeeeeee” I fake wailed.

I completely forgot the fact I didn’t have a shirt on and chased Gerard out the bathroom door and up the hall.

“No, no, Frankieeeee, no, it’s shower time.” Gee was laughing almost hysterically at me now.

I huffed a little and blushed when I remembered what I was wearing at the moment, not enough if you ask me.

I quickly made my way to the bathroom, locking the door though still talking to Gerard who was now sitting outside in the hall.

I was in and out as quick as possible, making sure I didn’t smell was all I needed before getting out of there.

I dried myself, replacing my pants before wrapping the towel around myself.

Opening the door, Gee was still waiting, smiling at the towel bunched around my chest.

I looked up at the clock, groaning when I realised it was only eight am, I had thought it was a lot later.

“Geeerard, why are you here so early, why?”

“I missed you Frankie.”

The look of innocence after that statement was beautiful, how could anyone be annoyed after that?

I sure couldn’t.

He was my Gee after all.