"Would I lie to you?"

Well Here's Your Answer In spades...

She was always alone, walking through the halls of the school. Her dark hair always covering her eyes, and her expression, always resolute. She didn’t give a damn that she wasn’t liked or noticed; in fact, she revelled in it. The names she was called; emo, goth, vampire…she didn’t give one iota. She embraced it.

She had no fear. That had dissolved when she had been mercilessly ridiculed for being different that one last time. That one single time where she had stood up to her peers and cast the first vengeful fist. Blow after blow, she rained until she had no energy left and had to be pulled away from the girl, who had tried, albeit unsuccessfully, to fight back.

She was the ultimate outcast. Even the other supposed emo's and goth's were afraid of her. The one thing that kept her sane was him. Him and his music; it put her on a high, so glorious that she didn’t know if she ever would come down. His voice filled her, the music soothed her. She loved no one or nothing else, but him and his band.

Until her. She thought that they would be together…but that changed that fateful day when he had said he 'Found someone special.' She had seen pictures of them together, read her internet posts and still found there to be no truth in it. They were only friends...right? But then he had gone and confirmed it. And now...well...now she had to make it all go away.

***

Slinging her messenger bag over her shoulder, she marched towards the nearest exit. No one knew what her bag contained. If they did, they would fear her and ultimately, they would hate her. But she didn’t care. She scanned the crowd, looking for an honest face amongst the sea of lies and bodies moving past her. There was never one that was honest enough for her. Only his. But he was never there, only in her mind. And he had been the one who lied to her.

She reached the doors and pushed down onto the metal bar to let herself out into warm summer afternoon. Another day of boredom and countless minutes of hearing them talk but never really listening.

Sitting on the curb, she lit a cigarette and looked into the abyss of her bag. She pulled out her notebook, letting the cigarette hang dangerously from her lips. The notebook was seemingly regular and nondescript on the outside, but inside it held her fate in its bindings. She thumbed through the pages until she had found her most recent entry. The one that stirred her anger, made her realise that he wasn’t all as he had seemed. It was a picture of her and him together, in matching pyjamas and both wearing what seemed to be a wedding band on both their left hands, which were placed over the others heart.

Tonight, she thought, tonight it would all be over. I would hurt him, the way he had hurt me.

After carelessly flinging her bag on the ground, his picture had peeked out from the opening. She took it up, roughly tracing a finger over his face. Starting from his black-shagged hair, along his hazel eyes right down to his impish grin. She longed to touch him for real. Just once. Just like she did. But it was never to be. He had changed that now. And now he had to realise what he had done.

She thought about how his features reminded him of a skeleton. Especially when he smiled. Well soon he'll be one of them. Not in the physical sense, but hadn’t he always expressed that he would rather be the walking dead? Soon, he would know what it felt like to be dead and cold inside.

***

He was there. It wasn't easy, but with some well placed questions on the internet, and once here at the venue, all it took was a smile, talk of the band and an overzealous person to show her where the tour buses were parked. She had found him.

He stood there, so innocent and unaware. Just there…happily talking to those around him. He hadn’t noticed her standing in the shadows and watching his every move. Casually, he walked over and took something from a young girl, signing it and giving it back. He smiled warmly at the child.

Jealously rose through her as she looked on at this interaction- it should be me. That smile is for me. She gripped the strap on her bag tighter now. A wave of uncertainty washed over her. Should she really be doing this? Could she actually go through with it?…She loved him. She didn’t want to hurt him. It wasn’t his fault; it was hers. She changed him. Or so she had thought.

She had decided to stay back and let the darkness engulf her, when someone else appeared to rest her hand on his denim clad arm, and smile lovingly, up at him. He acknowledged this person, smiling back and placing his hand over hers. They uttered some words to the people before them and waved, before walking off together, heading towards her.

That feeling came again, this time in spades. She couldn’t maintain her composure anymore. She had made it so and now she was the only one fix it. She couldn’t hide her torment much longer. She didn’t want to, now she had seen it for herself. Seen them together; making it more real and unacceptable.

Stepping out from her hiding place, the couple stopped, slightly taken aback by her sudden appearance. He had said something to her then, but she wasn’t listening. She was too busy reaching into her bag; her hands clasping around the cold hard metal of her gun. The time was now- I would make him pay.

The raven-haired woman beside him began to speak to her and that made her blood boil. Made the hairs on her neck stand on their ends and beads of sweat form across her brow.

She had enough time to revert back to her memory and quote the dialog she had deemed appropriate. On her withdrawing the gun, he looked at her…scared for his life and that of his lover beside him.

She raised the gun and fired.

A single shot descended into the air and claimed its victim. The woman fell to the ground, scarlet liquid seeping from the open wound in her chest. He turned in horror and collapsed on his knees next to her. The people that had been milling around them now screaming and running to seek protection and help. He looked up at her, pleading with her to stop and asking her why.

"For all the lies you told" She quoted him. That would have to suffice for now. She took in the way he looked; how childlike he now seemed, in his anguish. It amused yet disappointed her. He was not afraid of death, he had said as much…so in the face of it, where was his resolve?

It wasn’t enough to deviate her from her plan, for it was now the final scene in this macabre act. She turned the gun to herself and placed the barrel into her open jaw. He looked at her then, the fear, sadness and confusion apparent. Hazel eyes pitted against brown; so dark they were almost black. He called out to her once more, but she chose not to hear him…people were running towards them; calling his name and telling her to stop and drop the gun. But she had to do it…end it all…make his pain everlasting.

"Would I die for you? Well here's you answer in spades."

She pulled the trigger.