This Cloud Just Keeps on Covering

One

When the bus arrived back in New Jersey, I could feel the sadness in the air. Frowning, I grabbed my bag and walked off of the bus. The sun was missing today. Only clouds covered the sky, threatening rain on the town.

From behind me, I heard someone stumble off of the bus. I looked behind and saw it was a sleepy Mikey, rubbing his eyes.

"So, we're back," he sighed.

"Do you wanna come over to the apartment?" I asked, holding onto his hand.

Mikey shrugged and looked towards the small parking lot. I looked over also and easily spotted my car. It was weird seeing it after these past few months. I was used to seeing our bus twenty-four seven.

Mikey and I waited in silence for the other four guys to come out. When they did, I smiled at them, hoping to lighten the gloomy mood. Gerard gave me a weak smile and took a sip of his coffee, his eyes drifting across the parking lot. Frank stumbled over to me, yawning.

"Ready to go pick up Bella?" I asked.

Frank nodded and gave me a small smile. He and I hugged everyone goodbye and walked over to our car, both silent. I was glad to be home, but I would miss the tour. It was great to be able to stay with my friends and brothers all the time, having crazy sleepovers, and joke around.

I got into our car and turned on the radio. Frank smiled when he saw I had turned on the Misfit's "Helena". I laughed and tapped my fingers on the steering wheel, heading over to Jamie's apartment. Frank ended up singing along and turning up the music even louder. I laughed as he snapped his fingers and bobbed his head side to side.

When we got to Jamie's apartment, Frank and I ran over to her door and knocked anxiously. I could hear her unlocking the locks, muttering to herself. But, when she saw Frank and I grinning at her, she screamed.

"You guys are back!" she yelled, wrapping her thin arms around us.

Frank laughed and nodded. He looekd anxiously over her shoulder, probably searching for Bella. Jamie giggled and pointed into another room.

"She's in there," she said.

Frank ran into the room, screaming when he saw Bella. I laughed and let go of Jamie.

"How was it?" she asked.

"Adventurous," I said slyly.

"What do you mean?" she pressed.

"I'll tell you in a bit. Can I go see my Bella Bear?" I asked.

Jamie nodded and shut the front door behind us. I rushed into the room to see Frnak planting kisses all over the dog's head. I jumped over to them and kissed Bella, scratching her ears and head. She sneezed and whined, getting excited by all of the attention. Laughing, Frank and I walked into the living room with Jamie, Bella trotting behind us.

Jamie folded her hands together and grinned, her blue and brown eyes bright. "So, tell me everything."

Frank and I told her about how great all of the fans were first. We told her about our time when the bus needed gas and how Frank scared the crap out of me. Frank even told her about the time when I fell out of the bunks. She loved our tales and was eager to hear more. But, Frank and I were a little nervous telling her about the Jon incident.

"Okay, and when we tell you about this next part, you can't freak, okay?" I directed calmly.

Jamie nodded. "Kay."

"Well, at one of our concerts, my old friend was there. You see, he was kind of suicidal. Umm, so at the concert, he had planned to shoot himself," I explained, "So, I ran out there to stop him. I was trying to take the gun from him and-"

"And?!" she demanded.

"I kinda accidentally shot my shoulder."

Jamie stared at me with wide eyes and hurried over to me. She hugged me tightly, freaking out like I had told her not to. When she let go, she looked at the scar on my shoulder, muttering to herself.

"Oh my god," she gasped.

"I'm okay, though," I said, squeezing Frank's hand.

"What happened when you shot yourself?" she asked, sitting back down.

"Well, I don't remember much. Frank might," I said, turning to him.
♠ ♠ ♠
enjoy