This Cloud Just Keeps on Covering

Eighteen

The door swung slightly, tapping the wall. I watched the figure and let out a small sigh of relief. Gerard wiped his forehead, grumbling to himself.

"That door is, like, broken, Sis, he muttered, glaring at the door.

I ran over to him, slapping his shoulder. He stared at me, unsure of what was going on.

"You scared me to death!" I explained.

Gerard grinned. "Sorry."

Rolling my eyes, I walked over to the door. I was afraid to shut it, so I just left it open. Besides, Gerard and I would be in the living room the whole time.

I sat down with my brother, sighing. Gerard tilted his head to the side, his hazel eyes questioning.

"What's wrong?" he asked.

"Nothing, just tired." I explained. "Hey, do you know where everyone is?"

Gerard shook his head. "No."

I nodded at him and looked out of the window. The sun was just beginning to set. It cast a pink glow on the city as people left to go home to their families for dinner. Sighing, I turned to Gerard.

"You want dinner?"

+++++

I set Gerard's plate in front of him, smiling. He dug right into the fried rice, smiling brightly at me. I sat down next to him, beginning to eat my own food. When we were half way finished, I heard talking outside. Turning around, I saw it was the guys.

Frank stared at the door, his eyebrow raised. "Did you guys kill the door?"

"Gerard did," I said, pointing at my big brother.

Gerard rolled his eyes and laughed. "Where were you guys?"

"We drove around town," Ray said, walking in with Hunter.

"How was it?" I asked Hunter.

"Fun. Jaxon almost got ran over," Hunter said.

I jumped up from my seat, eyes wide. The guys stared at me and then burst out laughing. Hunter gave me a sheepish smile and shrugged.

"Don't joke around like that! I almost had a heartattack!" I said, trying to calm myself down.

Frank laughed and walked over to me, hugging me tightly. He kissed my cheek, grinning like a fool. I rolled my eyes at him, but hugged him back, none the less. When he let go of me, I hugged Hunter and grabbed Jaxon from Bob. Bob smiled at me.

"How was work?" Bob asked.

"Good. I went to lunch with Jon," I replied, sitting down with Jaxon.

Frank's eyebrows raised. "Oh? How was that?"

"Good! He's working back at Jesse's shop," I explained, playing with Jaxon's hair.

"Oh, well that's good," Ray said, smiling.

I nodded and looked around the room. Surpisingly, my other brother wasn't in the room. I turned to Ray, my aspen eyes confused.

"Where's Mikey?" I asked.

"Out on a date with his girlyfriend," Frank said, laughing.

"Aww," I said, laughing.

Gerard laughed along with the other guys. Jaxon even laughed too, even though he had no clue what was going on. I kissed his head, smiling. At that, he cuddled up to me. Putting my arms around him, I sighed to myself.

When I looked back up, everyone was staring. I tilted my head.

"What?" I asked.

"It's so cute," Gerard said, laughing.

Later on that night, everyone except Gerard left. I hugged them all goodbye before slumping back onto the couch. Hunter stared at me, his head tilted to one side in confusion. I stared at him also, wondering what was going on in the thirteen-year-old's head.

"Mom?" he asked.

"Yes?" I answered.

"Why is your face going all pale?" he asked.

At that, Gerard and Frank rushed over to me. Their eyes became wide. I gulped, knowing that wasn't good. Hunter stared at me as he had done something wrong, trying to apologize. I shook my head, telling him he had done nothing wrong. I passed Jaxon to Frank before rushing into my bathroom.

Sure enough, they were right. My skin was paper white once more. I sat on the ground, leaning up against the wall. Frank hurried into the bathroom. From outside of the room, I could hear Gerard telling Hunter and Jaxon everything would be okay.

"Honey, are you feeling sick? Does anything hurt?" Frank asked, holding my head in his tattooed hands.

"No. I'm just all pale again," I said, shaking my head.

Frank nodded and sat beside me. I leaned my head onto his shoulder, my bangs falling into my eyes. Frank held onto me, sighing. I shut my eyes and shook my head.

"I don't wanna go through this again."
♠ ♠ ♠
aww poor Tess...