To the Point of Obsession

Her killer instinct tells her to

As he walked away, I smiled to Britney. "Thank you baby girl."

"You're welcome mommy," she said, smiling up at me. I almost didn't like looking at her because she looked so much like the father. But then again, she had so much uniqueness that I had to look.

"I've got to go work, so I'll take you back to Caleb's house."

She frowned, but nodded. She was used to only seeing me in moderation. We never spend more than an hour or so together. Sometimes, I felt like she wasn't my daughter anymore. I picked her up and walked to the food court, seeing Caleb and Danni sitting at a table. "Thanks, Caleb."

He looked up, a glare on his face. "She shouldn't have been involved."

My heart sank in realization and hurt as I understood that Danni had told him. "I didn't want her to be."

"He's a fucking psychopath, Dahlia! And you… why didn't you tell me ever?"

"Shhh…"

"No! Dahlia Samantha Gray, you never said a word about it! All those times?!" his voice was raised, and I was sure people were starting to stare.

"For someone who doesn't know anything, you sure seem to know a lot of stuff, Caleb! I had so many reasons, that neither of you even thought about!"

Danni had a hurt look etched into her face. It hurt to look at her abnormally concerned face. "Dahl, I know that—"

"No, you don't. And maybe instead of telling him everything he could have asked me himself, and you both can stop making assumptions, okay!" I stood up from the table and turned to them. "I don't really think you have any idea what I'm doing, and I'd prefer it to stay that way."
I walked away, grabbing Britney after she didn't follow.

"Where are you going?" Caleb called, following me, "I'm not letting you take Britney."

I stopped, looking at Britney as she looking at Caleb. She knew a lot for a four year old, and I could tell that she would rather be with Caleb than me. I let go of Britney and watched her leap into Caleb's arms.

"Bye Mommy," she whispered, her normal smile gone.

I nodded and turned, walking out of the mall. When I got to the car, I sped out of the parking lot, going no less than 50 at all times, and not stopping until I swerved into the car garage at the warehouse. I ran into the warehouse straight to me and the Joker's room, not even realizing I was crying until Doug came in with a box of tissues.

"What's'matter, precious?" he asked, tossing the box to me on the bed.

"I don't wanna talk about it," I said, burying my head into the pillow. "Where's Jack?" I didn't see his face, but I could tell by the silence he was unsure or surprised by the name.

"He went to the New's Station. He'll be back in a few minutes."

I nodded from the pillow, and then got up, grabbing a random shirt from the Joker's closet. I took off the corset, nearly ripping the material. I put the shirt on sniffling as I did. I pulled off the jeans and crawled under the covers.

"J's gonna kill whoever did this to you." Doug concluded, getting off the bed and walking out the door.

I don't think I slept the hour that I was in the bed; I only stared at the closed closet door. Occasionally I would glance at the pictures, but after a few minutes, my eyes would drift out of focus and I wouldn't see anything.

"Where is she?" I heard the Joker's voice from the room, but I still stayed in my position on the bed.

I heard the door open, and felt a body sit on the bed. "Dollface, what did he do to you?" he asked, his hand reaching to my back.

"Danni told Caleb everything." I turned and looked at him. His expression didn't change. "About who I was… am."

"You're going to disappoint people in your life, Dahl. You can't break down because you did."

I heard him shove off his shoes and get under the covers next to me.

"He either didn't believe the truth or didn't want to. You need to get over the fact of trying to please him." He stopped for a minute. "It’s not just about him, is it?"

I shook my head. "My daughter was afraid of me, Jack. I can't do this…"

"Your daughter will thank you when she's old enough to understand what it is you're doing." Jack brought his scarred lips to mine quickly, moving to urgently to be his normal destination. I kissed back, but stopped after a minute or two. I got up and walked to the door, before I was grabbed by Jack. "Leaving so soon?" he asked, bringing his lips to mine once again, backing me against the door. He gently parted my lips with his tongue, pushing me farther back into the door. My arms went to his neck, unsure but happy about his mood. I felt Jack skim his hands down my leg, and stop at my thigh. He pulled it up to his waist, pushing even closer to me. As he pushed even farther towards me, I let out a groan of pain. He didn't seem to notice or care, and grabbed my hands, pinning them above my head against the door with his on free hand. He left my lips and moved to my neck, after taking the shirt off me. I felt completely helpless. I wasn't being made-out with, but made-out to. I whimpered, no longer feeling comforted and safe in his arms. The Joker went back to my lips, not bothered by the fact that I wasn't kissing back. After a few last kisses, he kissed at my ear, then whispered, "I hope you remember that while you're with the bat tonight," looking into my eyes and pulling me away from the door and practically tossing me on the bed, walking out the door.

I crawled under the covers, not bothering to get any clothes on and fell asleep, my faith and trust in the Joker gone.
♠ ♠ ♠
I found the lyrics in Pretty Girl to be pretty much identical to the whole gist of this chapter.
But I hate this chapter, and I love Pretty Girl.

But I promise, Joker won't always be a douche.
:]

I just realized I got 6 stars. :]
How about we make it 7, guys?