To the Point of Obsession

Some downsides are bigger than others

I looked at the warehouse. I left my nice, clean, luxurious apartment for this? There was only five clowns sitting around, and they were in, what looked like, a living room of sorts. There were a few couches, a few chairs and an old-ish TV. I looked to my left and saw an archway that lead to a kitchen, most likely. There was a dark hallway, and I could only guess that that was where the bedrooms were.

"Guys," the Joker called, bringing the attention himself. "I got her. And you will listen to her, and if any of you so much as look at her the wrong way, she gets to blow your balls off with the little gun she's got now."

A clown with a frowning mask scoffed. "What? You get to get some and we just have to sit here and take orders from the girl? Come on, at least let us play with her a litt—"

He was cut off by two gun shots. I laughed at the man's terrified face. His mask fell off when he got to his knees, and his face was priceless. He reached for his… well, it wasn't really there anymore.

Over his yells and moans, I asked, "Anyone else want to 'play a little'?" I glanced around, my gun still pointed out. Everyone stayed still, until the Joker burst into hysterics. They nervously twitched. He obviously liked what I was doing. I ignored him and sighed. "Thought so." I glanced at the Joker and smirked. "Carry on."

"See, she's one of me now. She's way more important than you, so just leave her alone and we won't have as many bodies to clean up. So, tomorrow we've got the bank heist, and then we talk to the mobsters."

"We?" one of the clowns asked, looking around. "I thought it was just you?"

"That was before we found Dollface, over here." The Joker smiled and placed an arm carelessly around my shoulders. Had he not been armed, I would have shot it off. "So, all of you get out. Miss Dahlia and I have a conversation to finish."

They ran out fast. In a matter of thirty seconds, all of them were out, except the guy I shot. He was moaning on the floor, trying to crawl. The Joker glared at him and picked him up with one hand, and then tossed him back down. "Get the fuck out," he growled, watching as he limped off.

"So, Jokester? Still think I'm like you?" I asked, collapsing on the couch. I gave him a cheeky smiled as he glared at me.

"Yes." He sat down next to me, looking at me. "You will do what it takes to be in control."
"Huh? Are you on crack?" I stood up and walked to the kitchen, glancing back at him. "You say one thing about me, and then later say another? I know one of you showed up at my house a week ago, but how long have you been stalking me?" I opened the fridge and looked for pizza. I was hankering for some since Joker stole my own.

"A while now," he whispered into my ear. I jumped a foot and turned around, dropping the pizza. "Clucking Cheese and Rice! Bitch, you owe me pizza!"

He laughed and looked at me. "Tomorrow. But, I have been watching you for a while. I mean, why wouldn't I? You're so… unpredictable about what you'll do. Like when you up and left to that cottage? That was weird, it took Doug a week and a half to find you. And then you didn't do anything there. Just watched TV. Toots, you're crazy."

I noticed he was getting closer with each word, and I was backed to the counter, him directly in front of me. He smirked as I inhaled nervously.

As dirty as he looks, he doesn't smell that bad.

No! No thinking like that!

"You're cute, dollface."

Good God, I already have a nickname. It's kinda cute.

I'm not listening! Lalala!

"What?" I mumbled, my thoughts inside my head confusing the hell out of me.

Wait… Did the Joker just compliment me?

Nope, he said, 'More flute, Wallspace.'

"You get defensive around a group, acting like the psychopath you are, but around just me, you get all clammy and nervous… It's cute, that's all."

"Well, you wear makeup. We all have down sides, I guess," I muttered, removing his hands from my waist and brushing past him.

Do you have any idea where you're going?

No, but I'm sure I'll figure it out.

Hey, who knows? This could be a big ass mansion for all you know.

Yeah, well we'll figure it out.

Yeah right, you'll get us lost.

Will not!

Will too!

Will not!

Will too!

"SHUT UP!" I yelled, shaking my head.

I heard a laugh from behind me and an arm around my waist. "And some down sides are bigger than others, doll."

I growled and let him lead me to the room I was staying in.

The Joker walked in a room that was labeled 'keep out' on the door in big purple letters. "Hey, the door say's keep out," I said, not realizing how stupid I sounded.

"Oh, well tell the door I don't care," he muttered, beginning to take off his purple coat. "You're staying with me," he added, throwing his coat on the chair.

"What? No, I'm not staying with you."

"Why not? Anything I would have done I already would have done by now."

I sighed, defeated. "You better stay on your side of the bed. And no playing footsie, either."
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoy, and three comments.
I don't like asking, but I want to know what people think about the story.

And if you want to submit a personality thing for a character, comment and tell me, or message me, or something.
It won't be in the story for at least a few chapters, so just send them in. :]