Status: Hiatus. I'm so busy :/

"Love is Like A Glass Door..."

Sunday

Penny Sutherland's Pov

I tossed and turned in my bed, my tumultuous dreams disturbed any peaceful rest I would have had that night.

But then, at 10:00, I sprang from bed and the first thought that came to my mind was:

It's Sunday.

Connor was up and ready, calmly sipping a mug of coffee while reading from a novel. I distangled myself from the sheets and hurried into the bathroom with sudden ecstasy about seeing them today. Don't ask me why; I have yet to figure out my own feelings.

In the shower, I wondered if their parents would be there too...

---

As we got into the car- first with permission that we could go off somewhere- Connor brought some books with him and tossed them into the backseat. I offered no comment. Paramore played this time (I had brought my CD) and, in a peaceful silence, we drove towards the house they had rented for their stay in Paris. I rested my head against the cool window and watched the raindrops slide down as outside, the sky was filled with foreboding dark clouds. Connor, I had no idea what he could possibly be thinking about at the moment, but my own thoughts involuntarily lingered to what would be happening in the near future.

---

We got there around 12:30. I shoved down the last of my muffin from breakfast and studied the house. It had not been the giant, glitzy, anything-but-modest mansion I had expected, but instead it was a nice-sized suburb house far away from the suburbs. It had the usual white-primed shutters and cheery lemony-colored siding, with brick stairs leading to a large wrap-around porch and an inviting oak front door with a stained-glass window. Three windows on the first level, three windows on the second, and an attic and basement. We parked into the driveway, where no other car was insight. That was a good sign. No parents. Nick's scooter and a couple of others were propped up on the side of the house.

I got out of the buggy and walked up the walkway, Connor following suit after grabbing the two books from the backseat.

After nervously ringing the doorbell, and waiting like, five seconds, someone opened it.

Total shock. Joe Jonas.

Joe led us past the foyer and into the living room. We exchanged hellos with he and Kevin, then he simply said, "Nick's upstairs. Third door to your right."

"Behave yourself," Connor added with a smirk as I turned to go up the banister. I passed his chair and flicked him playfully on the ear. After returning the gesture with shoving me towards the stairs, Connor cracked open one of the books, and I rolled my eyes.

After counting to the third door, I opened it slowly. There Nick laid on his bed with a guitar in his hold and a laptop next to him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorrrryyyy it's short.

BUT! I'm gonna add another chapter right now. I just wanted to add what happens next as a separate chapter. So I might be adding two to this one today. :P
*Off to update again*