Unbelievably Brilliant, Undoubtedly Impossible

chapter ten;

Andrea couldn’t believe what she was witnessing before her. María Francesca Perelló; commonly known as Xisca, currently had Rafa in a stranglehold. Okay, not so much a stranglehold, but she was squeezing him to death.

Andrea glared at Rafa; she couldn’t believe him. She now knew the reason why he wanted to apologize to her; it was because she was coming back. Andrea was suddenly snapped back into reality when she heard her name.

“…and this is my tennis player; Andrea Wells.”

Andrea turned to see a beaming Xisca and a nervous Rafa. She put on a smile, “Hi Francesca. It’s so nice to finally meet you! I’ve heard such great things about you.”

Xisca matched Andrea’s fake smile, “It’s nice to meet you. I hope Rafa’s only told you good things.”

Andrea gritted her teeth, “Only the best.” She turned to Mrs. Nadal, “Thank you for the amazing supper, but the plane ride here tired me out. I’m going to make it an early night.”

Mrs. Nadal smiled, “Oh, of course dear! Have a good rest.”

Andrea smiled and quietly said goodnight. She was fuming inside and the smirk on Xisca’s face when she said that she was going to bed early did not make things better. Andrea, luckily, had the best room in the house; her balcony faced the ocean. And this view slightly calmed her down; but of course her room had to be right next to Xisca’s.

And knowing the smirk on Xisca’s face, she wasn’t making it an early night, which meant Andrea had an awful night’s rest. Andrea watched the clock tick by, 5 AM….5:30…..6:00….7:00….7:01. She had had enough; pulling out her running clothes and shoes and stuffing her headphones in her ears, Andrea went out for a light morning jog.

Andrea didn’t know how long she had been out for; time wasn’t a concern for her at the moment. Only the sound of her feet and the music blending together was all that concerned her. Andrea, for some reason, gravitated towards a small pier that was deserted. She stopped for a rest; her first since she had first set out. Andrea looked around; taking in the breath-taking scenery. She could see the Nadal residence from here.

That sight made her cringe; she needed to wash those emotions away. Stripping away her shirt; left in her sports bra and spandex Andrea jumped into the ocean, letting the water surround her.

Thankfully, nobody used this pier anymore, so Andrea wasn’t bothered. Floating in the ocean relieved Andrea of her emotions and let her get back to her run. For the first time that morning, Andrea looked at the clock; 11:30 AM. Sighing, she knew she better get back to the house; knowing the Nadal family was probably wondering where she was.

Problem was, Andrea didn’t know which way to go. She was so focused on her run this morning; she didn’t remember the route she had taken. Luckily, the people of Manacor were more than willing to guide her to her destination.

Andrea quietly slipped into the house; hoping her absence had gone unseen. She had almost made it up the stairs, when she was noticed.

“Andrea!” the voice boomed. “Where have you been this morning?”

Andrea turned around, looking guilty. “Toni, I was feeling uneasy. So I went for a morning run.”

“And a swim I see,” Toni said with a smile.

Andrea laughed uneasily.

“No need to worry. Go have a shower and come straight down to lunch.”

Andrea nodded and scurried off to have her shower. Unfortunately, her bathroom was being fixed; a leaky showerhead. This meant she had to use the communal bathroom down the hall. Andrea quickly got her stuff together and tiptoed past Xisca’s room.

Only to see that the door was ajar.
And to see two bodies intertwined together, under the sheets.

Andrea was stunned, she felt like her legs were cemented to the ground that some universal force wanted her to see this and feel the pain. She only tore her gaze away when she saw motion from the bed. Andrea quickly ran to the bathroom, she hopped in the shower. Once again letting the water cascade around her.

Andrea had just gotten out of the shower when someone came bursting into the bathroom. She gasped; attempting to cover her body up.

The assailant gasped too, “Andrea! I’m so sorry!”

Andrea glared at Rafa, “Just get out. I don’t want to talk to you.”

“No, please. If this is about Xisca, I’m sorry. I didn’t –“

“NO! This isn’t about Xisca! Just get out!” Andrea yelled.

Rafa looked hurt and sulked out of the bathroom. Back to Xisca, no doubt. Andrea thought. She took her time getting ready; not wanting to face Rafa and Xisca. Lunch was simple, Andrea kept to herself; letting the Nadal family talk amongst themselves. She noticed at Xisca fit into the family like puzzle. She’s meant to be here, unlike me. Andrea solemnly thought to herself.

Rafa and Xisca went off together, getting together with “some old friends.” Which left Andrea all by herself, again. But Toni came to her rescue, again.

“I noticed how much you loved our small library,” Toni started to say. “So I thought I could take to you the town library.”

Andrea squealed, “I’d love to!”

“Excellent, it’s hundreds of years old. Containing the entire town’s history and much of Spain’s.”

Andrea smiled, and this time it reached her eyes.

Toni and Andrea spent almost the entire afternoon at the library, Andrea couldn’t be more happy. Just being in a historic place made her feel special. The sun started to set, meaning that supper would be soon. Andrea and Toni made their way back to the house.

“How do you feel about my nephew?” Toni suddenly asked.

Andrea stayed quiet; she didn’t know how to respond.

“I think that answers my question. Now I have another; what do you think about Xisca?”

This time Andrea knew what to say, “I think that she doesn’t deserve Rafa and that she’s using him. I know she may be best friends with his sister, but their personalities don’t mesh well. Oh! And she’s full of herself. Quite unlike Rafa.”

Andrea gasped; she couldn’t believe she just said that! And to Rafa’s uncle!

Toni chuckled, “Do not worry. You’re secret is safe with me. I even have my doubts with her. Too much of a distraction for the boy.”

Andrea laughed, joining Toni. At least she had one person on her side. Supper soon followed and Rafa and Xisca finally made an appearance back at the house. But they were soon quick to leave, which left Andrea with the adults. She didn’t mind at all. Some mature conversation was what she needed. Not.

She quietly made her way to her room, to make a phone call. She sat out on the balcony waiting for an answer. 1 ring, 2 rings, 3 rings.

“Hello?”

“Misch!”

“Andy! Oh my god! We thought you totally forgot about us!”

“No, I’ve just been caught up. How’s everything back home?”

“Oh, it’s fine. Stocky’s hired some ding dong blonde that knows nothing about sports. So Rachel and I have fun making her job hard. But the real question is how are you?!”

“Hmm…let’s see. I met Iker Casillas and Fernando Torres, and in the same night I sleep with Rafa. The next day we fly to Manacor and his girlfriend comes flying into the picture. The plus side is that she’s a total bitch. I’m kidding.”

“Seriously? I heard he was dating some girl, but I assumed she was exactly like him.”

“You guessed wrong.” Andrea stopped to yawn, “Look Misch. It’s getting late; I have practice in the morning. I’ll call you later, okay?”

“You better. Bye.”

Andrea hung up and went straight to bed; even though she hadn’t done much, she was exhausted and training started tomorrow. Andrea woke up in the middle of night; hearing a commotion in the hall. She slipped out of her room, only to see Rafa and Xisca entering Xisca’s room, attached at the lips. Andrea sighed; this was going to be a long night.

Morning came all too quickly and Andrea was awaken by the buzzing of her alarm. 7:00 AM. Forty-five minutes to eat breakfast, change and head down to the clay courts. Andrea started digging through her suitcases trying to find her tennis gear, she stumbled upon the outfit that Rafa had given her to where during the camp tournament. She threw it aside, going for a different outfit.

She arrived at the courts on time, with Toni arriving right before her. But he arrived alone.
♠ ♠ ♠
this chapter didn't make me very happy.

i happen to think that it sucked, what do you think?