No One Knows Me But They All Know My Name.

Chapter Six

“I gotta go.” Whispered Becca, her soft calm face contorting back to reality.

“Are you ever gonna tell me what happened?” Whispered Frank.

Becca sighed, staring at her chucks.

“Becca, just tell me. I’ll help you.”

“Uncle Matt is in the hospital and I don’t know much about what happened or what’s a matter with him.” Whispered Becca, holding her threatening tears back.

“I bet if anything happened, your parents would of told you.”

Becca turned her head to face him and said as one tear slowly fell down her pale face, “Matt is my mother and my father. He’s all I got.”

Frank’s face went blank for a second then he jumped into serious control mode.

“Alright, lets go and grab our stuff. I’m taking you to the hospital.”

“Frank, you don’t have to-”

“How are you gonna get there then? Are you gonna start flying like Superman? No way, come on.”

He held tightly onto Becca’s hand and started heading back to the group.

“Good thing you look sick.” Whispered Frank as they were getting closer to the guys. “Hey guys, I’ll see ya tonight at practice. I’m gonna take Becca to the clinic.” Said Frank, picking up his stuff and Becca’s. “ Here you go babe.” He handed her, her stuff.

“Bye. It was nice to meet you all and I’m sorry I wasn’t lively.” Said Becca in a kind, ill tone.

“Oh, that’s fine don’t worry about it. Just get better so the next time we meet so you’re more lively.” Smiled Mikey kindly.

“Yeah, get better. I wanna know you better.” Said Gerard in a serious tone.

Mikey gave him a slap up the back of his head. “Be nice, jerk.”

With that Gerard and Mikey started on their brotherly bickering as for the rest of the guys, they said their byes and Frank and Becca took off.

Once they were in the car Frank asked. “What hospital?”

“St. Paul’s”

“Alright.” Said Frank, pulling out of the school’s parking lot.

“Frank...Thank you.”

Frank glanced at Becca and said. “You’re welcome.” They were silent before Frank spoke again. “What happened to him?”

“A work accident. I found out like two minutes you dropped me off last night.”

“What kind of work accident?”

“A wall collapsed on him. He’s a construction worker.”

“Damn, I surprise you aren’t freaking out or going crazy.”

“You should of seen me last night.” Muttered Becca. She had a flash back of throwing the books around while screaming and crying. “And if Jolee didn’t force me to school this morning I would be at home staring at the phone, having panic attacks.”

Frank glanced at her again and asked. “What happened to your parents?”

“I don’t know. They just left me with Uncle Matt.” Said Becca while staring determinedly out the window.

“How old was your Uncle when he got you?”

“Nineteen.”

“Whoa.”

“Yeah, you’re telling me.”

“How old are you?”

“Fifteen.”

The shock that engulfed him caused him to have a minor cough fit. “No way, you’re a senior.” He gasped.

“I’ll be sixteen next month. How old did you think I was?” Asked Becca, now looking at him.

“Seventeen or eighteen. The normal age for seniors.” Frank took a few deep breathes and re-gained control. “How in the world did you manage that?”

“My Uncle read to me a lot and taught me how to do so by myself at a very young age and as for math,” Small smile cracked on to her face. “I just annoyed him so much when ever he tried to do the bills and taxes, eventually he just gave in and told me how to do it. So I just knew more than the average bear.”

“You are the strangest person I know.”

“No, I’m not. I just grew up in a different way. Your friends on the other hand they certainly have their own color.”

Frank Laughed. “Yeah, they do but, that’s why we’re brothers.”

“Frank,” Said Becca after a minute of silence. “I’m glad I got to meet the real you.”

“You haven’t met the entire real me though.”

“I know but, so far so good.” Smiled Becca.

Frank laughed. “We’ll see. Here we are.”

Franked pulled into the hospital parking lot. Becca turned completely towards Frank.

“Okay, just so you know I have a phobia to blood and I have mental issues with hospitals. So at one point I know I’ll have to close my eyes and I’ll need you to guide me. Okay? And can I use these sunglasses?”

“Yes you can hold on to me and yes you can use my sunglasses.”

“Thank you.”

They got out of the car and rushed into the hospital. After being lost for ten minutes, Frank’s fault since Becca had her eyes already shut after seeing a nurse walk by with blood, they finally found one of the front desk.

“Where is...” Frank nudged Becca.

“Matthew Joseph Reed?” Said Becca quickly.

“Who are you?” Asked the nurse.

“I’m Frank Iero and this is Becca Reed, his niece.”

The nurse looked out onto a clip board and after a minute or so she said. “ Let me tell him you are here. Please just sit down in the waiting room.”

“Thank you.” Said Frank and Becca.

Frank led Becca to the waiting room.

“You can open your eyes. No one is bleeding in here.” Whispered Frank.

Becca opened her eyes just to see the usual waiting room but, for the first time ever it was empty.

“Man, you weren’t kidding about your phobia to blood. That lady was only carring a small tub of it.” Smirked Frank.

“It doesn’t matter. It’s still blood.” Snapped Becca.

They sat in silence for a couple of minutes, Frank had his arm wrapped around Becca, till the nurse came back and said. “You can come and see him now. Just follow me.”

They stood up and followed her down the hall.

“Hey, what are you gonna do if he’s bloody?”

Becca froze.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know this isn't a kick butt chapter but, they all cannot be. So sorry.

Comment of any sort are highly appreciated.

-Ace