Arrange Marriage

Chapter Two

The sun was smiling above the sky, the birds were chirping into a song, people were jogging outside, enjoying the perfect heat. Every single thing, every little thing resembles summer. Well, except Malibu-girl, Lily Truscott.

Her parents just dropped the bombshell above her head and now, her face like a lion searched for its prey to eat. She was very fuming. Because of what you asked? Because she had to marry Nick Jonas. Yes, it was not a big a deal, for some of the girls, okay; a lot of the girls might find this opportunity is a blessing from heaven. But not for Lily.

Lily hated Nick Jonas since she was 10 years old. She would make his every second with her in the same room totally miserable. Sometimes when her best friend asked her, why she would do something like that to that poor boy? He didn’t do anything and every time of it, Lily would answered, “oh, just because.” That was not the most promising in the world of answers. Miley thought, she needs to dig more about Lily’s hatred toward the third born Jonas.

The Jonases and the Truscotts were neighbors for a long time. Even though Nick was like Lily’s nemesis, she was very close with other Jonas boys, Frankie, Joe and Kevin. Before she was 10, she spent her almost free time in the Jonas house. Being a single child, she still can feel the siblings’ love that Joe, Kevin and Frankie gave her. Not Nick. She wouldn’t accept it. Poor boy, what had he done to upset that girl?

“Mom, I’m going to Miley’s!” Lily informed her mother by shouting at now, a quite house. Her mom must be at the laundry, “okay!” her mom replied. She rushed outside with a moody face. She inhaled the fresh air and walked towards the Stewerts’ residence. She stopped in front of a white double-storey house next to hers. It was a little bit similar to her house but there were different of flower beds in her front yard and Lily had a red front door and blue window frames. The other had blue door and light blue window frames.

The house she was looking belongs to Jonases. They were on another tour. For the past few years, they were rarely at home. Sometimes Lily missed them too. They were on a sold-out tour one after another. Busy, busy Jonas. Lily rolled her at the empty white house and continued her destination.

She pulled out her blue phone and speed-dialed Miley. After a few seconds, a girl with a thick voice said on the other line, “Talk to me.”

“AAAAaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!” Lily screamed on the top of her lungs. A few by-standers looked at Lily weirdly, like she was a psychiatric patient. Lily caught Miley off guard. She heard something dropped on the background. “Sweet nibblets Lily! Are you purposely wants me to be deaf? And I did say talk to me not scream at me.”

“Maybe.” Lily answered lamely. She kicked a pebble in front of her, still walking towards Miley’s. Miley as her best friend for 9 years now, could sense the amiss in her tone. “Okay, what’s wrong? Is this just a phone called to release anger or something bad happened?” Miley knew when Lily began a phone conversation with screaming, it would 2 things possible happened to Lily: 1) when someone makes her angry and she cant scream at the person or 2) something really, really bad happened to her life.

“Both…” Lily answered, playing with her nails.

“Oh no.” Miley gasped. “Listen okay, I’ll make extra smoothie and I’ll call Oliver to drop by, okay?” Miley put more strawberries into her blender. “Yeah…” there’s a moment of silent, “umm, Miley, open the door will ya?” Lily was standing in front of Miley glass door and waved solemnly.

“You’re here?! Wow.” Miley looked at the door from the kitchen and saw her blonde best friend smiled tightly. “The door is unlocked, just come in.” Lily entered and flopped on the couch dramatically. Miley was texting Oliver to come over quickly and put her phone on the counter. She rushed to her best friend and hugged her. “Aww, sweetie, what happen?” Miley soothed Lily.

Lily refused to talk; they stayed like that until a certain brunette came in the house, “What’s crakin’ lakin’ ladies?” Oliver joked; he stopped after Miley gave him daggers. Miley motioned him to come closer and take over her place. He gladly switched Miley place and rubbed Lily’s back. “What’s wrong, Lily?” he asked. Miley went to the kitchen and get some snacks for them.

Lily sniffed and wiped her eyes. Miley returned and took a sit beside Lily. “Lily, tell us.” Oliver said. Lily paced around in front of the TV and took a deep breath, “why would be him? There are so many men in the world, why they had to pick him? The curly head snobby musician, don’t they get the message that I hate him? So much! Here I am, want to get a break from all the paper works, from the smell of paints and canvas, and I get to deal with this?! Just give this girl a—” Miley cut of her. She shook Lily’s shoulder to stop ranting.

“Lily! What are talking about?” Miley asked her, looked at her wild eyes, her chest was raised and fall fast. “Miley…” Lily looked back at her. “Yeah?” Miley replied, still holding her shoulder. “I’m going to marry Nick Jonas.”

“What?” Miley surprised. She wanted to laugh at her best friend’s statement. “I’m going to be Mrs. Nick Jonas.” Lily repeated the same point. Oliver had already on the floor, laughing so hard. “Are you serious? You ruin my best shirt for this? A lot of women would die for your spot, you know?” Miley laughed, joined Oliver on the couch. Lily pouted. “Guys…”

“You guys are the best actresses ever. You texted me to come over and told me that Lily’s going to marry Nick, the boy you hated so much for whatever reason.” Oliver held his stomach and grabbed the snack that Miley served a while ago. “You guys, I am not joking, and the wedding must be held no later than this September, before Nick’s birthday.” Lily sat on the coffee table, facing at Oliver and Miley with a sad face.

“Wait, you are serious.” Miley realized. Lily nodded glumly. “Aww, Lily, Nick’s not that bad.” Miley sat next to her and hugged her again. “But…but he’s Nick Jonas!” Lily’s whined. “Exactly.” Miley simply said. Oliver came over to them and formed a group hug.

XXX

The next day…

Nick looked at the moving road through the side window like he’s trying to figure out how tar was made. They were on their way to go back home, a white big house in Malibu. Nick was thinking about what happened last night. What will he do about it? Will it be more awkward between Nick and Lily? Out of all the girls in the universe that like him, why would be her? No, not that Nick hated her. He just… preferred a girl who actually likes him. He doesn’t want to force the girl to like him, or marry him. But what can he do? He just wanted to fulfill her great-grandma’s will.

“So, you ready to meet your future bride yet?” Joe asked him, interrupted his deep thought. He startled at Joe voice and looked at Joe franticly. “Wow, nervous already? You never seem to be nervous when on stage?” Kevin on other side of the car commented on Nick’s pale and in-shock face.

“Yeah, whatever.” Nick rubbed both of his hand together to get rid of the sweat on his palms. Why is he nervous? It is just Lily Truscott, right? The innocent blonde girl next door. She may be innocent to everyone but Nick doesn’t think that way. With all the years of bullies, he petrified of that girl. But last night he had set a new goal, have the courage to talk to Lily, to make Lily not mad at him anymore. Yeah, like it could happen!

Nick felt that the car had slow down. He looked past Joe and Kevin and saw the house that he missed for the past few months, the house with blue-framed window. The three of them smiled at the sight of the house. “Home sweet home!” Joe shouted between his brothers. Kevin opened the door and step out of the car. Nick from the inside can feel the summer breeze flew through his face. He sighed, “Smell like home!”
♠ ♠ ♠
comment, please...I need to know what you think...