Take My Hand

Chapter 1

Being the child of a millionaire isn't as fun as it sounds. You'd think buying everything and anything would be swell, but let me tell you it's the complete opposite. Call me a spoiled brat, but you get bored with the expensive merchandise after awhile. I don't want to stay cooked up in my house all the time. I want to explore the world, but my stupid parents wont allow me to go out, unless it's to go to school. Even though I enjoy the fresh air, who wants to go to school? I hate everyone at school, but I probably have the most friends out of everyone at school. That probably didn't make any sense to you but if you were in my shoes you'd understand. Everyone wants to be friends with me just because they know my parents are loaded. There's a name for that. Users. That's what they do, use me. I can't help but wonder how many friends I would have if I wasn't loaded.

"Belle. Have you got everything ready for school tomorrow?" My mother asked as she entered my over-sized bedroom. Yes, I have school tomorrow. It's my first day of the new school year. I'll be seeing everyones, oh so familiar faces. Joy! Note the sarcasm. Nothing exciting is going to happen there. Nothing ever does, trust me. My mother stared down at me on my over-sized bed, lying on the lilac sheets. I looked up at her, dressed all elegant like she usually is. Her make-up and hair looked superb, obviously done by a professional.

"Yes, mother." I replied as politely as possible.

"Good." She praised before turning around to exit my room. "Belle. Please don't laze around on your bed all day. It's not lady like. Change into something more formal and come downstairs and say hello to the guests. They're aching to see your beautiful face." My mother ordered, then started for the door. Oh, I forgot to mention that my mother is having a party. It's no surprise. She loves hosting parties, just because she gets to boss people around and she likes to be in control. The parties don't necessarily have to occur on an event, just whenever she wants them to.

"Yes, mother." I sighed and sat up straight in my bed. "Is father home?" I asked as I searched my walk-in wardrobe for a suitable dress.

"No, dear. He's at work and you know it."

"Why does dad always at work?"

"Because his work needs him."

"Why are the hours so long? What does he do there? Whys it always late at night?"

"Belle! Stop it with the questions! That's not how you should act, young lady! Behave like a teenage girl should behave and stop trying to pry into other peoples business! Now, once you've grown up, come downstairs and be polite to the guests." She ordered and slammed the door as she exited my bedroom. Sometimes I feel as if I'm not even part of this family. I never get told anything thats going on and I want to know. My father has been going to work late at night, lately. I'm not quite sure what that reason is though. He usually comes in at ridiculous time in the morning. Once he came in at four o'clock in the morning! Why did my mother say 'other people'? Father is not 'other people'. He's my family and I deserve to know what is going on in my family. It's as if I'm just their little doll, that they can throw aside and do whatever they want to me and force me to wear whatever clothes they want me to wear.

I decided to wear a black knee length halter dress. I fixed my hair and make-up so I looked the tiniest bit pleasant and slipped on my heels. Once I had finished getting ready I stared at myself in the full length wall mirror. Usually, I wouldn't wear this, but my mother doesn't allow me to wear jeans a lot. Why am I stuck with this boring life? I looked at my current life-style and thought to myself, there must be more to life than this.
♠ ♠ ♠
Like? Not like?
Oh my god! I had to write this twice since, my computer froze on my the first time I wrote it! I couldn't believe it! It was way better the first time!
Don't worry Brendon's going to be in it soon.
Comment me with your thoughts about the story.
If you want to see the banner I made for it go to my profile!
Lots of love, Melissa xxxx