Status: Finished

Stain My Rose With Scarlet Tears

First Date

I was pushed into a car by my best friend, unable to see any of my surroundings. I felt a bit silly about being dressed up like that during the day, but on the other side, I had no idea what time it was. The ride felt longer than it took Bianca to get my hair and makeup done. I tried to keep myself preoccupied, but it was really hard to do when I couldn’t see anything.

Besides that, not only was I curious about where Bianca was taking me, but the curiosity of Bill’s departure was still fresh in my mind. I didn’t know how much longer I could be kept in the dark like that, literally.

After a while, I stopped listening to Bianca, digging my nails into the wrists impatiently, I really wanted to relieve myself of all the tension now, but I wasn’t that stupid anymore. I sighed loudly. I never really liked long car rides, not even when I was little and we were going on vacation.

I didn’t know why. I was naturally impatient, something I had gotten from my father, but I could never really handle sitting in the car with my mother and brother, another part of my messed up childhood I tried so hard to forget. I shook my head slightly, trying to get the thoughts out of my head for now; I wasn’t that desperate for a distraction.

I felt myself being thrown against the dashboard as the car came to a stop. I sat still as Bianca’s door opened, then moments later mine opened. It was a bit strange for her to help me out of the car, but I couldn’t see a thing, I didn’t really trust myself.

She took my hand firmly and pulled me out of the car, when I stood steadily on my feet, she let me walk ahead of her, putting her hands on my shoulders, pushing me in the direction she wanted once again. I could hear her heels clicking behind me as we walked, mine following hers. I knew we were close to the beach from the sound of the waves crashing, it sounded like it was right next to me, and I liked that. I stopped when I felt a light tug on my shoulder.

“Take off your shoes.” She commanded.

Without any arguments, I bent down and obeyed her instantly. I untied the black heels which clung to my feet and handed them to where I guessed my friend’s hand would be, I was almost right. I heard the car door open as she threw them into the car. Now I felt stupid, I was dressed up, yet walking barefoot. But I understood where I was once I felt the soft white sand underneath me. The corners of my mouth twitched slightly.

I felt a bit more comfortable knowing where we were, and I felt more secure because the beaches we chose were never very busy.

We walked on the beach for a long time, but the waves crashing next to me made it all go by much faster, it had a soothing effect on me. My smile got a bit wider when I heard distant voices as we walked. I wasn’t the only one who grew impatient at the sound of the voices as Bianca pushed me a bit harder.

“Tom, I look stupid!” I heard my husband’s angry hiss as I approached. Luckily I wasn’t the only one who felt that way then. I chuckled softly, feeling the blindfold loosen around my head. It slipped off, landing on the white sand in front of me. My eyes shot up immediately, feeling my smile change into an obvious smirk. Tom was glaring at Bill before he jogged passed me, taking my hand softly as he did, then came to a stop behind me. He let go quickly. “Try to have fun.” He whispered.

I nodded quickly, turning around to see Tom throwing his arms around Bianca as they walked away from us slowly. I was mesmerized by the sight of the blue Maldivian beach in the background, but only for a second. I turned around to face Bill, who was walking towards me, tugging at his tuxedo jacket irritably, cursing at it softly.

I looked past him briefly, raising my eyebrows with a sense of shock and surprise. It was the spot Bill and I had claimed when we were teenagers, where we spent the entire night somewhere near Christmas. Ever since then, we would come here at least one, sit on the big rock which was impossible to move. It was our secret hideout.

But it was slightly decorated this time. There were a few candles lit, rose petals thrown on the sand and a big blanket which lay in the middle of the rocks surrounding our little sand meadow. Soft music was playing from a small radio which was also on the blanket. Without warning, I started laughing loudly. I could see that it was all Bianca’s idea. It was definitely her idea of a perfect date.

Bill came to a stop in front of me, a nervous smile playing on his lips. I gave him a wide smile in return, because I was happy now. For the first time through the entire day, I was comfortable and I felt like I could be myself again. It was just Bill who calmed me down like that.

I took his hand and kissed his cheek quickly.

“Hi.” I breathed.

I stuck out my tongue at him, waiting for him to say something, but he just stood in front of me, the smile frozen on his lips. I stepped closer to him and waved my hand in front of his face.

“Um... Bill?” I asked, feeling nervous under his gaze. I let my hand fall to my side hopelessly, only to feel my husband’s soft hand wrap around it softly. I loved the lasting tingling feeling of his thumb rubbing my hand in small circles. I’ve always knew this, he was the only one in the world who could ever make me feel that way. It was impossible to understand, and I was afraid to find out. I never wanted that feeling to go away. I raised my eyebrows at his sudden movement.

“You look... beautiful.”

A blush crept onto my cheeks at the words; I looked down at my feet. I could almost feel the smirk coming to Bill’s lips as he placed his hand under my chin, lifting my head up to his, as I expected, his smirk perfectly in place.

“You look different.” I replied with a slight laugh. He rolled his eyes and took my hand, pulling me towards the rock. He leaned against it, with me following, then sliding down so we sat on the sand. Bill pulled me closer to him, I was now sitting on his lap, shifting uncomfortably as he wrapped his arms around me. He tightened his grip around me.

I shivered slightly when I felt Bill's lips press against my neck, making me turn to face him slowly. He took advantage of it and kissed my cheek, trailing kisses until his lips met mine. I pulled away from him as soon as my lips brushed over his swiftly, teasing him.

He pouted, fluttering his eyelashes cutely. He never liked when I teased him.

I shook my head and stood up, now glancing down at Bill. I pouted back at him, asking him to stand up. I extended my hand and pulled him up. He opened his mouth to speak, but I placed my index finger on his lips. I smiled at him, taking his hand again. I pulled him towards the spot in the middle of all the rocks surrounding it, conveniently lit with a dozen candles which stood on the rocks. I threw my arms around him, standing on the tip of my toes.

“Listen.” I whispered into his ear.

He gave me a confused look. I looked away from him and down at the radio. When I looked up at him once again, his smile matched mine. He held me close to him, but didn’t dare to open his mouth again. We stood still for a moment, and then started swaying to the sound of our song playing in the background. I waited for the familiar voice to start singing the words that meant so much to me, but instead, I head Bill’s.

“I don't want this moment
To ever end
Where everything's nothing, without you
I'll wait here forever just to,
To see you smile
'Cause it's true
I am nothing without you

Through it all
I've made my mistakes
I'll stumble and fall
But I mean these words

I want you to know
With everything, I won't let this go
These words are my heart and soul
I'll hold on to this moment, you know
As I bleed my heart out to show
And I won't let go”

I felt a pang of disappointment when the song continued and Bill didn’t sing it further, I loved his voice, and I loved our song. We kept on swaying silently, our eyes meeting.

“I love you.”

He looked down at me, smirking. He kissed my forehead, and leaned down to me.

“I love you too.” He replied.

When the song stopped, Bill and I broke apart, but didn’t move any further. I looked up at him intensely, furrowing my brow with concentration, crossing my arms. He looked confused at my change in mood, but quickly laughed and shook my head, placing my hands on his cheeks.

“You’re really uncomfortable, aren’t you?”

He nodded sheepishly.

My hands traveled from his cheeks down to his shoulders, to where his jacket started. I stood on the tip of my toes and kissed his lips softly, pulling off his jacket. He chuckled into the kiss as I struggled to get the jacket off of his hands, when I finally could, I threw on onto the sand. I stood back and looked at him. It was hard to believe that Tom had actually gotten him into a suit. He still didn’t look very comfortable, but he seemed more amused now.

I helped Bill roll up the sleeves of his white shirt and opened up the first button on top. After that Bill kicked off his shoes and threw it on the sand, next to his jacket. Bianca was going to hate us for what we’re doing, but what she wanted, wasn’t necessarily what we wanted. As Bill leaned against the rock again, a newly relaxed smile on his face, I started messing with my hair.

I took out the clips and let my curls fall freely passed my shoulders, I ran my hand through it and smiled.

“That’s better.” I sighed. He laughed as I joined him, leaning on the rock too. I moved closer to him, our thighs and arms touching. We both glanced at the scene laid out in front of us, it was hard to find the natural beauty between everything else.

“What is this really?”

I looked at Bill who was looking down at the blanket, rose petals and wine glasses. I shook my head, amused, Bianca knew I didn’t drink anymore.

“... I have no idea.” He replied.

I took his hand in mine quietly, staring up at the sky. The stars had just started to come out, so the sky was dimly lit, but the moon was clearly visible, its reflection shining in the water too. I stood up, pulling Bill with me. He placed his arms around my waist to hug me.

“Well, we might as well enjoy it.” I sighed.

He pulled me closer to him and I rested my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes, breathing in the scent of his cologne. We stayed like that for a moment, then I pulled away from him slightly.

He smiled and hugged me closer to him, his lips softly touching my head. His hands traveled down and rested on my hips gently. My hands wrapped around his next, sliding them underneath his black hair and looked up at him.

I could feel him bending down slightly, but I tried to spare him the trouble, and stood on the tip of my toes and kissed his lips again. I attempted to pull away, but as he bit my lower lip softly, he pushed me against the rock. I gasped slightly as he slipped his tongue into my mouth.

I was taken by surprise; I hadn’t seen Bill act that way in a long time. I had almost forgotten that he had a side like that. I couldn't ignore the butterflies going crazy in the pit of my stomach, but it was hard to concentrating on anything else except Bill’s lips on mine. The way I felt at that moment, it was all I would ever need in the world. I loved him, and he wanted me to know, he loved me too.

“I miss you.”

I pulled away, a small smile threatening to take over my face. I pulled him closer to me, if it was possible, I could feel him breathing on my neck.

“... I miss you too.”

“I just really want to be with you right now...” Bill mumbled into my hair. I nodded slightly in understanding, bringing one hand up to his face, and caressing his cheek. I brought his face down to mine and kissed his lips slowly, wanting it to last longer than most. Bill responded enthusiastically, his hands traveling down to my thighs, lifting me slightly. I wrapped one of my legs around his, using the other to keep me balanced.

“Then do it.” I whispered breathlessly. He looked at me, raising his eyebrows doubtfully. It was hard to miss the worry in his brown eyes, staring down at me gently. My hands then moved to his chest, running down to his stomach, then up again.

“Are you sure...?” He questioned me quietly.

“Yes.”
♠ ♠ ♠
The song is With Me by Sum 41, I think.