Status: Completed

Even Forever Doesn't Seem Like Long Enough

"You Called Me Very Attractive"

The trip back home was quite scary considering the chest pains I’d been having- I was afraid I’d have a heart attack or something on the aeroplane and die twenty-eight thousand feet up in the air.

I wasn’t so keen on that.

I slept throughout the whole flight and through the majority of the car journey back home. Luckily, I didn’t have a heart-attack.

When we pulled up, Brendon didn’t wake me up until he’d taken in my bags.

“Ambs, you’re home,” He whispered into my ear, slowly rousing me from my slumber.

I groaned slightly and opened my eyes to meet his smiling face.

“Afternoon Sleepy,” He grinned.

I squinted in an attempt to see him better before I lazily threw my arm to my side so I could undo my seatbelt. Sliding myself out of the car and riding out my dizzy spell, I found my feet and trudged up to the house, my arm linked with Brendon’s for support.

“Amber, honey, you’re home! I’ve missed you so much!” My mum exclaimed as I walked through the front door.

“Whoa, Ambs, you don’t look so good,” Ruby frowned.

“She’s not having such a good day,” Brendon explained. He didn’t mean luck-wise.

Mum and Ruby knew what he meant though. Basically, I felt like shit. I felt like my head was being attacked by a pneumatic drill, my chest was being held in a vice and my body was weaker than it had ever been. I was barely finding the strength to stand.

“Oh right. Well, why don’t you go upstairs sweetie and get some rest?” My mum suggested and I nodded glumly. As I took a step forward, another dizzy spell came over me and Brendon grabbed hold of me so I didn’t fall.

“Whoa,” He breathed as he steadied me and I held my head in my hand, “I think it’ll be safer if I carry you,” He didn’t give me any opportunity to protest, but I wasn’t going to in the state I was in, so he put an arm beneath my knees and one behind my back. I mustered up the strength to place my arms around his neck and then he pulled me up into his arms, holding tight as he carried me up the stairs.

When we got into my room, he laid me down on the bed and slid off my shoes.

“Can you take off my jeans?” I croaked.

“I thought you weren’t feeling well?” He quirked an eyebrow to accompany his suggestive statement and he smirked.

I chuckled slightly but stopped when it made me cough, bringing up a little more disgusting stuff which I then swallowed, “I can’t sleep in them and as much as you’re very attractive, I don’t have the strength,”

He beamed at me as he unbuttoned my jeans, “I was joking babe,” He noted as he went over to my drawer and grabbed some pyjamas from it, “But, you called me very attractive,” He seemed very proud of that.

I smiled and rolled my eyes, “Watch your head there, it’s just got swollen,”

He chuckled and hooked his fingers in the top of my jeans, easing them down and placing them on the bed before pulling my pyjama pants on for me.

“Thank you,” I breathed, unzipping my coat and easing it off. Brendon helped me though before he folded my jeans and placed them over the back of a chair.

“Come on, get some sleep and if you need anything just call me,” He caressed my cheek with his hand, “Or phone me if you can’t shout,” He moved my phone so that it was in reaching distance.

“Brendon,” I whispered.

“Yeah?”

“Would you stay here with me until I fall asleep?” I questioned meekly, “I’ll fall asleep quickly,”

He nodded and slipped off his shoes, getting into bed with me and holding me close, “I’d stay if it took all night,” He murmured into my ear with such sincerity I felt my whole heart swell for him.

Four Hours Later
Brendon’s P.O.V


Amber didn’t take long to fall asleep- it was around five minutes actually- but I stayed beside her for a while, taking the time to think. My thoughts were too depressing to voice so I won’t tell you them.

After a while of being alone with my thoughts though, I needed to get away from them so, carefully, I got out of the bed and made my way downstairs.

Three hours later, I still couldn’t escape my thoughts, mainly because Ruby and Pauline wanted to know how Amber had been for the weekend. A few minutes later though they gave up on asking me questions I hadn’t the slightest clue about.

“So, did you have a good time while you were away?” Ruby enquired.

“Yeah, I think so. Apart from her feeling a bit off, we had a good time. I think we’re both a bit jet lagged though,”

“Well, that should wear off, it was only a short trip,” She smiled.

I nodded, “Do you know anything about the next thing on her list?”

“I’m not entirely sure but she’s planned a trip for me, you, mum and Hannah to go with her to New York City. But that’s not for two days; she might be planning on doing something else beforehand,”

“Why is she taking us to NYC?” I frowned in confusion.

“I vaguely remember seeing something about the Statue of Liberty when she showed me her list a few weeks ago; it’s probably got something to do with that,” Ruby guessed with a shrug.

“Oh right,” I spoke quietly.

About five minutes of small talk later, Amber stumbled into the room and sat down beside me, resting her head on my shoulder with a sigh.

Amber’s P.O.V

“How’re you feeling?” My mum asked with a smile.

“A little better thanks,” I replied with a yawn. I felt Brendon kiss my forehead, letting his lips linger for a few seconds.

“Good, are you hungry?” She rose to her feet and I nodded meekly.

“Yeah, please,” I smiled.

She wandered out of the room and I cuddled into Brendon as he wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

“So, what’s next on your list?” He whispered into my ear.

“Depressing stuff,” I sighed back, my cheek sliding against his shirt as I moved my head to look up at him.

“Such as?”

“My will,” I mumbled, “And funeral arrangements,” My attention was caught when his Adam’s apple bobbed as he gulped.

“You don’t have to be here for this if you don’t want to,” I assured.

“I’ll be here if you need me here,” His saddened brown eyes landed on mine.

I shook my head, “I don’t need you here for it. I have an appointment with my solicitor tomorrow and the funeral arrangements are mostly just making a list so that mum doesn’t have to do so much when the time comes,”

“Okay,” He pressed his lips to my forehead.

“Do you need any help from me, Ambs?” Ruby questioned from the chair opposite us.

I turned to look at her and shrugged, “Not really but you can sit with me if you think you won’t get upset,”

“I don’t think I could,” She admitted.

I smiled slightly, “It’s alright Rubes, if you can’t do it then it’s okay- I’ll be fine on my own,”

She nodded and I sighed, settling comfortably onto Brendon’s shoulder again.

This was going to be the worst activity on my list- No fun involved; just pure emotion.

The Next Day
9pm


The next night, I’d done twenty-one on my list; I’d sorted my will out with my solicitor by around five p.m. and had just finished up with my funeral arrangements. My mum almost burst into tears when I’d given her the list of things I wanted her to do and even some things about my health that I’d want her to do if they happened (things like life-support for example even though I doubted they’d put me on it). I’d arranged the place we were having it and all systems were ‘go’.

I was sitting in my room around 9pm and almost jumped when there was a knock on the door.

“Hello?” I called.

The door opened and Brendon’s head popped around it, “Hey,” He smiled.

“Hey,” I turned in my chair and grinned at him, “Come in,” I gestured with my hand and he came inside, closing the door behind him.

“How’re you feeling?” He asked, leaving a short kiss on my lips.

“I’m doing okay. How’re you?” I pulled my legs up onto the edge of the seat and wrapped my arms around them as he sat on the end of my bed.

“I’m good,” He replied, “What did you want me to come over for?”

“Um... I have a favour to ask you,”

“Sure, what’s up?” He was intrigued.

I spun my chair one-hundred and eighty degrees before grabbing some envelopes from my desk and completing the spin, holding the items I’d picked up out for Brendon’s reach. He leaned forward and took them from my hand.

“Could you give these letters out at my funeral or the day after, please?” I asked as I watched his eyes scan the fronts.

“Your mum, Ruby and Hannah?” He checked.

“Yeah; I’d keep them here but I doubt they’d find them and I can’t give them to my mum because she’d read them. I need it to be after I’ve gone,” I explained.

“Okay, sure,” He agreed.

“Thank you,” I smiled.

“You’re welcome- I told you, anything you need, I’m here,” He grinned back, “Is there anything for anyone else you’re giving out?” He asked meekly. I knew he was asking in case there was anything for him.

“No, just mum, Hannah and Ruby, everyone who needs to know things that they don’t already,” I assured.

“Right,” He seemed slightly disappointed but he hid it very well, “Is that all you needed me for?”

“Yeah, thanks so much for coming over after me just randomly calling you up,”

“It’s okay,” He got up from his seating position and I stood up too, automatically enveloping him in my arms and burying my face into his neck.

“Bren?” I whispered.

“Yeah?”

“I care about you so much,” I breathed.

“I care about you more,” He chuckled.

I pulled back and whispered, “Not possible,” before I pressed my lips to his in a sweet kiss, “Thank you again,” I smiled.

“I’ll see you tomorrow, NYC here we come, hey?”

I laughed, “Yeah, they ain’t seen nothing yet,”

He pressed his lips to mine again, “Nope,” With that I saw him to the door and made my way back upstairs, sitting back at my desk.

I pulled out a fresh sheet of paper and took hold of my pen before I brought it down to the paper, beginning with-

’To Brendon...’

To Do List1. Buy flowers for mum and help them understand.
2. Have a space hopper race.
3. Swim with dolphins.
4. Hold a charity night.
5. Get drunk & sing loud and out of tune on karaoke.
6. Ride the biggest, fastest, highest rollercoaster
7. Go to the highest point in the city at night to see the lights
8. Sleep under the stars
9. Crowd surf
10. Meet favourite band
11. Sky-dive
12. Plant a tree
13. Go to Italy
14. Jump from a cliff into water
15. Ride in a hot air balloon
16. Put a message in a bottle
17. Learn a song on an instrument
18. Spend the night in a haunted house
19. Go to Paris
20. Bungee jump
21. Plan funeral and complete will


Twenty-one down, four to go.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Standing on the rooftops
Wait until the bombs drop
This is all we got now
Scream until your heart stops
Never gonna regret
Watching every sunset
We'll listen to your heartbeat
All the love that we found

Lost Prophets- Rooftops

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
♠ ♠ ♠
Short and crap. Mostly a filler, nothing much going on here.

But the next one will be exciting, trust me!

I'm back in school tomorrow so that means less time to write... Such a stupid point in the story for me to have less time. Anyways, feedback would be nice, hope to hear from you. Have a gret week =) x