Twisted Fate

Time To Fly

The cool night breeze swiftly brushed against my skin as my sisters and I ran to a nearby clearing past the grave yard. Everything was a swirl of black, grey, and dark blue beside me while the front displayed dark trees and a clear night sky.
"Slow down" Charlotte snapped in my mind.
I smirked, keeping my pace through the thick forest. "And let you win? No way!"
"We're going to lose touch if you don't slow down!" she hissed again.
I could hear her quick movements behind me. I shook my head stubbornly, dodging through the thin trees. "Don't pull that trick on me, Char. You know it's not true"
She fell silent as I reached our destination point. I slowed to a walk, scratching the side of my head while walking into our feild. Well, it wasn't really our feild. We just borrowed it.

Dead grass pulled beneath my ankles as I walked. I could hear it tearing from the ground below. The bright, lumunous moon shone over the feild, causing the tree's to cast long shadows. I gripped my broom tighter in my hand and stared into the navy coloured sky. Everything looked so peaceful up there. So quiet. The stars seemed to dance around the sky brightly, giving off some weird sense of hope. I blinked curiously, my free hand slowly began to rise in hope to maybe catch one. I knew that was a silly thing to think, but it looked so real, so close right now.
"What are you doing?" Rose's gentle voice asked from behind me.
I quickly pulled my extending hand down and turned to face her, unstartled by her quick presence. I smiled at her beauty. The moon made her skin even more fair, and her eyes even more innocent and quiet. Her dirty blonde hair almost appeared white.
"Nothing" I answerd, the smile slowly disinigrating from my face. "Where are Charlotte and Faleen?" I asked
I watched as her pearl white arm extended and pointed over to a smaller feild beyond the thin row of trees.
"They were tired of your racing, so they decided to fly over there" she said, her voice low.
"AKA, Charlotte threw a hissy fit, right?" I smirked and shifted my weight to my left foot.
"Right" she smiled and nodded slowly.
"Eh. What ever" I shrugged. I placed the bristled end of my broom on the light yellow grass and casually sat side ways. Before I took off, I looked over at my sister, Rosemary, who was in the same position. I nodded.
At the same time, we bent our knees, then pushed ourselves off the ground. I felt a slight breeze pick up, which helped to keep us air born as we flew for the sky.
Normally you would ride a broom like you would a horse. Each leg on each side. But that was mostly for competition, not for a fun night out.
I gripped the front part of my old broom tighter as the breeze once again swept over my skin. I took a deep breath of the fresh country air and smiled.
"Lovely, isn't it?" I asked my sister.
"Very" she nodded, her short hair blowing furiously in the wind
"I missed this. Despite how long we've been here, we haven't had a night out in a long time" I sighed, my breath appearing like a small cloud in the sky.
"I agree. Where are we flying to, anyways?" she asked, shifting her legs side on side.
I did the same. I didn't want to fall off 100 meters above ground. It wouldn't of affected me in anyway, of course, but it would have been startling to human ears.
Both my hands were now gripping firmly on the front of my broom. I pushed myself a little faster, Rosemary keeping her stride beside me. Too afraid to loose me in the dark.
"I don't know" I answerd with a quick shrug of my shoulders. "Maybe around the town once or twice"
"That sounds alright" she replyed.
"Lets go down further" I nodded my head towards the left.
Gripping the broom tighter, I aimed the front of the broom towards the ground. I then leaned down and could feel the broom zooming towards the town rapidly. My black hair flicked and waved furiously behind me, my mouth pierced in a tight line, and my eyes squinted. I was focusing on the ground. Quickly, I pulled up and slowed myself down just before I hit the side walk. "Phew" I breathed, pretending to wipe the fake sweat off my forehead as I slowed my pace.
"That was close" Rose gasped, as if she was holding her breath that whole time.
"Oh, don't worry about it" I waved her silly fear off. "I've done more extreme"
"I bet you have" she chuckled.
We started to near the open area of the town. The street lights made the side walks look orange from their glow. I leaned forward again and darted through the open space so fast that it was almost impossible for the human eye to catch. I could hear Rosemary one swish behind me as we quickly darted a right up a street struck by darkness. I slowed down again in less fear of getting caught this time. There were only a few street lamps on this road and half of their bulbs needed changing. Gracefully, we admired the beautiful gardens over filled with colourful flowers that seemed so boring at night time.
Rosemary stopped and stared in wonder when I reached over and swiftly picked a bundle of pink lilac's from a nearby tree. I shook them out before gently sliding the bundle into the top of Rosemary's ear. I gently pulled her silky hair over her ear and smiled.
"Beautiful" I gave a small nod before we both took off up the abandond road again.
"Charlotte wants to know where we are" Rose's voice spoke suddenly.
I blinked quickly "I'm not telling you" I thought to her, my thought angry and annoyed. "You want us that bad come find us" I taunted.
"Fine. We will" she thought back. A thought of arrogance and selfishness.
"Hmpht" I grumbled
"What?" Rose asked
I looked over at her and smirked. "Cat and Mouse"
"Ah" she grinned. It almost looked evil from the beam of the moon. "Let's start"
"Go!" I blurted.
Quickly, we sped down the road leaving a long swoosh sound behind us. I could feel the tension inside me. My heart raced wildly at the thought of being followed. I wasn't one to lose, and neither was Rose. Competitivley, we pushed ourselves faster. We zoomed by the local Pharmacy and headed towards the park. The play equiptment that was ever so tempting at this hour swooshed by me in a long stretch of multiple greyish colours.
"Where" Rose spoke quickly
"Are your thoughts blocked from Faleen and Charlotte?" I spoke quickly as we zoomed by the Fire Hall.
"Yes" she answerd heavily.
"School" I pointed straight.
Nothing could stop us now. The breeze grew colder as the night slowly started to change to day. The dark, shadowed figures of the trees swooshed by us on this empty road. There were no signs of Faleen or Charlotte when we cut through the liquor store. I looked to my left and seen two blurrs heading toward us.
"Crap!" I breathed, quickly pulling my broom back to the route we just came off of.
"They're catching up" she breathed, pushing herself forward for more speed.
It was as if we were being chased by crimminals or something. The fear and anxiety running through both our systems as we came up with quick plans to get them off our tails.
I shot my glance back at the two closing blurrs and grumbled profanities to myself.
"We see you" Charlotte's voice echoed tauntingly in my mind. "Give it up, Lily. You can't win. We have you now"
My eyebrow's pulled together in suspicion. She must've been practicing that one. It came out too evil. Even for Charlotte's own good.
"Did you hear that?" I asked Rose, a low chuckle forming in my thoughts.
"Yeah, I did" she snorted outloud, holding the front part of her hand loosley over her nose.
"What a dumb-dumb. She so practiced that" I scoffed
"I didn't!" Charlotte's voice rang in our minds.
"What ever" I responded. "Lets just go back home"
"You read my mind" Faleen thought for the first time. She must've been laughing too hard for any of us to hear.
Casually, I slowed down and then hopped off my broom. I gripped it tightly in my hand then began my head start for home.
"Ugh, Lily!" Charlotte's piercing scream ran in my mind.
I flinched, but kept my pace.
"Not fair!" She whined "You had a head start"
"Tough" I answerd her annoying whine.

"Hey, girls" mom smiled brightly from the door way.
The warmth of home made me smile. I could feel the warmness sinking into my skin.
"How'd it go?" she asked, quickly shutting the door and twisting the lock shut.
I smirked at how human she can be sometimes without realizing it. Just all apart of practice I guess. With her question came Char's eye roll and blaming me again.
"Oh, Char" mom waved it off. "It's not a big deal if you loose"
"Yeah. So act your 150 year old age" I piped in and stuck my tongue out.
Her eyebrows raised, and she stood, arms crossed, with her weight on her left foot. "And you tell me to act my age?"
"Give me a break" I grumbled "I'm 10 years older than you are. I need to loosen up"
"That's not a good reason" she huffed, her loose brown hair swung furiously as she stomped into her room. No one cringed when the expected slam of her door echoed through out the still house.
"Well than" I shrugged and pretended to yawn. "3AM. It's Dead Time... I mean, bed time" I laughed nervously and ran into my room.

There was something about those stars. Something I felt I needed to know. I stared deeper into their tiny sparkle of light, hoping to find an answer. I closed my eyes, maybe that would help. A picture of tomorrow came into my mind. The bright sun, my school, students. It was just another ordinary day. My eyes quickly flashed open, still keeping my gaze at the sky. I didn't understand.
"Tomorrow" I mutterd to myself, pulling my body away from the window. I crawled into my bed and snuggled into my cozy blankets as the moons light swam into my room. I closed my eyes, letting the darkness of tomorrow surround me.