I'll Be There for You Through It All

Hold on to me

I walked into Rain's house for what seemed like the first time in ages. It had been ages, when you're as young as we were, two years seems like ages.

"Oh my gosh! We have a week long wedding shower planned out!" Rain screeched as I walked into her room. My other best friend, Gwen was sitting on the bed. Rain jumped on me from out of nowhere and tackled me to the ground.

"Hello to you too." I said through the laughing and tears. It had been so long since the three of us were together. It was now 9:00 at night.

I hung my brand new wedding dress carefully in the closet nest to Rain and Gwen's Maid of Honour dresses.

"So, what do you have planned for tonight?" I asked Gwen.

"First of all, it wasn't my idea, I just wanted to get it over with as soon as possible." Gwen explained. Rain picked herself up off the floor.

"Truth or Dare!" She shouted.

"Calm down, Rain! Truth or Dare? That's no fun! I'm engaged!" I protested. Rain's smile disappeared.

"Not this version! We're going to use Veritaserum!" She explained. I groaned and exchanged a look with Gwen that clearly said 'Let's just get this over with.'

"Fine, but not for too long. I'm kind of tired. Jet lag." I explained. Rain smiled again and passed a bottle of Veritaserum around to Gwen, then me, then herself. We all took a sip. Just then, a familiar owl flew in the open window. It dropped a scroll on your lap, then flew out.

"Who's it from?" Rain asked. I was already under the influence of the Veritaserum, so I had to tell the truth.

"Fred." I answered. Rain and Gwen both sighed. I rolled my eyes at them then read the letter.

'Beautiful Renée,

Is it just me, or did we get separated right after we finally found each other again? That's unfair. But I guess I'll see you in a week, it's going to be a long one.

Did you get your dress? Your mom told me she already picked it out, you just had to get fitted. That sucks. Maybe it's nice, I guess I'll see it next Friday.

It's taking all my will-power (and your mother's) to keep me from going over to wherever you are and just being with you. They won't tell me where you are. Apparently, you're not allowed to either. Don't they trust us? Haha, I guess it's me, so probably not. Tradition sucks.

Keep hanging in there,

Fred'

It was short, but sweet. I threw it aside so we could get this game over with.

"You start Rain, this was your idea." Gwen said, arms crossed.

"Okay! Renée, truth or dare?" Rain asked me. I didn't trust her with a dare.

"Truth." I answered.

"Okay! Draco Malfoy was last seen with a huge bruise on his cheek at his house in Birmingham. Would you happen to know anything about that?" Crap! Stupid Veritaserum!

"Yeah. He showed up in Iceland, then Fred did. Long story short, he knew that Fred was alive and didn't tell me. So I slapped him." I said, trying your best to avoid details.

"What's the long story?" Rain asked, eyes wide. Even Gwen was paying attention, "Did he try anything with you?"

"Almost. He showed up and we started dating. I still thought Fred was dead, and I wanted to get over him. We went shopping one day, and I must have seen Fred coming out of the airport, Malfoy probably did too. I just remember seeing vivid red hair. We went back to my house and Malfoy wanted to take it to second base. I almost did it, but Fred got there just in time." I explained.

"Aww, cute!" Rain cooed. I glared at her.

"Okay, Renée. You next." Gwen said.

"Rain, truth or dare?" I asked Rain.

"Truth." Hm...This was going to be tough.

"Have you ever had a crush on anyone?" I asked. So far, Rain had shown no signs of emotion towards any boy.

"Yes." She answered, going red.

"Who?" I prompted.

"George Weasley." She answered. This time, I screamed.

"Oh my gosh! That is so cute! You guys should totally get married, then we'd be sisters-in-law!" I shouted.

"Not so loud!" She warned.

"No one else is here! It's not like George is going to hear me!" I explained.

"Oh, am I?" A voice came from the doorway. Uh oh. We all turned. It was George.

"How did you get here?" I asked.

"I'm one of the few people they trust with your location. Fred just wanted me to make sure you were okay. Now what's this I hear about Rain?" He asked. Rain was now so red in the face.

"It's no problem. I'd ask you out if you weren't about to turn purple." He explained. Rain exhaled.

"Are you serious?" She asked, face slowly turning back to normal.

"I am dead serious." He replied.

"How does tomorrow night sound?" Rain asked, eager.

"No problems there. I'll pick you up at 7:00." He said, "Oh, and before I leave, Fred asked me to send you a kiss, but I'm not sure it'll be the same coming from me."

"No, it probably wouldn't, but thanks anyways." I said. With that, George dispparated, leaving both Gwen and Rain speechless. I laughed.

Right now, It was midnight in Iceland, so it didn't take me long to drift off to sleep.