The Biggest Fan

Dream A While.

“So good, right?”, Bert asked, licking the ice cream spoon.
“Huh?”
I wasn’t paying attention at all.
“The ice cream”, he laughed.
“Oh, yeah. Right. It’s good”, I answered.
My head was somewhere else.

“Have you always been a dreamer?”, he then suddenly asked.
“What do you mean?”
“Nothin´ much. I’ve just noticed you’re always thinking about something, almost like you’re dreaming. Am I right?
“Uhm…” I was hesitating.
I didn’t feel comfortable being asked about it.

“I guess so. I mean, my whole life has been demanding, growing up in an alcoholic home, being bullied in school and stuff like that. It was hard. So I guess I started dreaming of what could’ve been better.”
I took a break, licking my ice cream to see if Bert had anything to say at that point.
He didn’t.

“Therefore”, I continued. “When I was about 11 or 12, I started dreaming myself away of wanting to become a journalist. Later on, it developed into something more specific, so I guess my biggest dream is to become a music journalist. And it doesn’t go a day by without me thinking about it.”

“That’s awesome, being so determined about your dream. You know, I was like that too, growing up in a not so good environment and then letting myself drift off in my dreams.
I knew that I wanted to be an artist, you know, being able to play music that you had written yourself and then perform it to others. It was hard, but I knew that I was gonna make it through. Because it was my dream and I was gonna make it happen.”

“Thank you, Bert”, I said looking at him with a smile, holding my hand in front of my eyes to block the sun away.
He just smiled back at me, not saying a word as he finished his ice cream, scraping the bottom of the cup with his plastic spoon.

This day was really beautiful. I couldn’t remember the last time I felt so safe, so peaceful.
It was good. Life was good.
♠ ♠ ♠
holy fucking crap.
bullet for my valentine last night was amazing! : D D D
i got to meet jay, the bass player, before the gig
'cause he went outside to smoke, and i got his autograph and i talked a little with him.
it was so awesome and the concert was even better 'cause they played all of my favourite songs. <3
i had waited for 9 hours out in the fucking cold to see them, but it was so totally worth it
'cause it resulted in me standing in the very front in the middle.
so, yeah; all in all, the concert was amazing. :]

haha, also; since i'm so happy right now, my happiness had lead to an update, so i hope you'll like it.
it's not that long, but still, it's an update, right? (:

xo,
lina.