‹ Prequel: Escapology

The Road

Double Surprise - Part 2 - Gerard's POV

“Mia darling, don’t be so silly. Or course she means… no wait… actually what do you mean?” I suddenly changed from a precocious adult to a confused child.

“If you would like it in words that you would be able to understand, it basically means that I put this information in the computer and you can go help Mia pack,” she stated.

“Well I understood that!” Mia exclaimed, jumping up.

“Do I have to sign something?” I asked.

“Oh, erm… yes,” she stuttered.

“See Mia, even ‘perfect’ social workers forget things. Don’t they Miss Ashcroft?” she glared at me again. “You go start packing, hun. I’ll help you in a second.”

She bounded out the room and I autographed the forms for Miss Ashcroft.

“I would’ve said pleasure doing business with you, but it’s not really business is it?” I laughed, in an attempt to be friendly.

“To be quite honest with you, Mr Way, I’ll be glad when you’re gone!” she snapped.

I gave her a look I used to receive from my mother; when I used to talk about how sometimes I wished Mikey lived with Uncle Jack. I never really, because he's my brother and I love him dearly. But he can be the most annoying person in the world when he wants to be.

“It’s been a pleasure Miss Ashcroft!” I chimed, walking out of her office.