Reinvent Love.

1

I sat, slowly swinging back and forth on a swing in the early hours of Sunday morning. "Uggh," I sighed, rubbing my temples and shielding my eyes from the glaring sunlight - which only made my headache worsen. I quickly knocked back four paracetamol in quick sucession, hoping that they would ease the pain. Damn friends and their all night drinking games.

"KILLER HEADACHE?!" some insensitive prick yelled in my ear.

"Ow! What the fuck?!" I shouted, jumping up and glaring at the idiot who ruined my peacful mood. "Oh, Adam, it's you." I frowned, and sat back down on the swing.

"Kaytee." He nodded in acknowledgement.

"I thought you were off around the world with that band your in."

"We are. Well... were. We're just playing our last show of tour here tonight. Then we get some well earned time off." he smiled.

"...And?"

"Well your the one that asked!"

"So? YOU talked to MEfirst. Why?"

"I just thought you'd be less of a bitch since highschool. Obviously I was wrong."

"What?! I was never a bitch! And I am not one now-"

"Yo, Kaytee!"
I turned around to see a group of my friends headed towards Adam and I.

I walked towards them, "Hi guys! Right - lets go!" I said, trying to push them back in the direction they had just come.

"Who's the loser your talking to?" Aimee said in a stage-whisper.

"Who? Oh, him - nobody."
Out of the corner of my eye I watched Adam get up and walk in the other direction.
Oh well.
"It was Adam. Adam Siska. Remember, from high school?" I said.

"Oh the fag? What did he want-" One of my friends said.

"OH MY GOD! HE'S IN THE ACADEMY IS..., DO YOU THINK HE'LL HAVE HIS PHOTO WITH ME FOR MYSPACE?!" Aimee screamed.

"I highly doubt it." I frowned. But she had already run up to him - phone in hand.
Moments later, Aimee's joy and excitement had turned to anger and fury, and she was yelling abuse at Adam's retreating back, "Well fuck you then Siska! Your not that big anyway!"
I saw Adam walk over to four other guys (probably the rest of that band he's in), who all turned around, glared at us, and then started laughing.

"Hey gorgeous," Alex, my boyfriend of two months, said walking over to me and wrapping his arms around my waist and kissing my cheek. "You coming down town?"

"Sure. I'll be there in a bit. I have some stuff to do first."

"Looks like you have company anyway." he smirked, nodding his head towards the park behind me.

"What?" I turned around, "Oh. Hello, William Beckett."