My Secret Valentine

Because I Care

So, day 2 of Warped Tour, and I’m already exhausted.
I’m super bummed because I haven’t seen Travis all day, not that I was looking for him or anything… and now I have to go and sell merch to tons of very loud people.
Yeah!
Not.
“Have fun.” Zack laughed as I was grumbling to myself as I got off the bus.
“Go to hell, Merrick.”
“Some bodies a bit moody today.” Zack said and walked off to do a sound check for All Time Low’s set.
“How are you, my darling sister?” Jack asked putting his arm around me.
“I’m already exhausted, Jack.” I moaned leaning my head against shoulder.
“Aw, well, you have till we’re done with our set and then you’re going to get busy, so rest up now.” He said.
“Okay, I might as well just go the merch table now.” I sighed.
“Okay. But, Rach,” Jack said smirking.
“What?”
“You might want to change out of your PJ’s.” He said laughing.
“Oh,” I laughed. “I completely forgot.”
“See you later.”
“Have good set.” I smiled and gave him a quick hug.
“Thanks.” Jack smiled.
“Don’t I get a hug?” Alex said walking up.
“No you don’t.” I said sticking out my tongue at him.
“Fine,” Alex huffed and I flipped him off as I went back into the bus.
I pulled out a pair of red skinny jeans and a Power Rangers t-shirt and pulled them on.
A quick stroke of eyeliner, a brush of the hair, a twist of the hair into a pony tail, a brush of the teeth and I was ready to go and man my station at the merch tables.
As I exited the bus I slipped on my favorite pair of dark purple flip-flops and put my iPhone in my pocket.

“Hi, I’m Josie.” A pretty blonde girl greeted me.
“Hi, I’m Rachel. Nice to meet you,” I smiled as I sat down at All Time Low’s merch table.
“I’m here anytime you need a break and if it gets really crazy.” Josie smiled.
“Sweet,” I said and Josie laughed.

This is insanity!!!! There must be 200 kids waiting to buy merch and they weren’t exactly being patient.
Josie and I have been yelled at 10 times already and are ready to kill some people.
1 hour in and I’m already to commit murder.
Fabulous.
“So, do you know, All Time Low?” A girl with an annoying nasally voice asked me.
“No I don’t.” I lied and gave her change.
“Okay.” She said and immediately lost interest in me.
“Hi, can I help you?” I sighed to the next customer, not bothering to look up.
“I was wondering, do you need saving?” The guy said and I looked up.
“Um,” I said trailing off.
Then I saw a bit of red hair poking out from the blue hood of his hoodie.
Travis.
“I might need a night in shining armor.” I smiled.
“At your service madam,” He said bowing slightly.
“But I don’t know if I can get away.” I said.
The people in line were starting to get annoyed.
“I’ll cover for you. It’s dying down.” Josie said behind me.
“Really? Oh thank you, Josie! I owe you one!” I said hugging her.
“No problem.”
“But, if Jack asks where I am, tell him I went for a walk. Alone.” I said.
“Sure.” She nodded and went back to the customers.
“Let’s go.” Travis said and I followed him away for the tables.

“Man, am I glad to get out of there.” I sighed once we couldn’t hear the people anymore.
“You looked pretty frazzled.” Travis said.
“I was.”
We were walking near a field now that had red poppies growing through out it. The wind rustled the grasses and it looked like a green ocean.
“To be honest I had to work up my nerve to come over.” He said after a minute of silence.
“Really?” I asked.
“Yeah, I was waiting for the right time.”
“You’re really not like those guys are you?” I smiled.
“What do you mean I’m not like ‘those guys’?” He asked kicking a stone.
“Like band guys.”
“I am a band guy.”
“Yeah, I know that,” I smiled. “But you don’t have their attitude. The whole ‘I’m so awesome and better then anyone else. I can get any girl I want.’” I said in a deep voice and Travis laughed.
“I guess not.” He smiled putting his hands in his pockets.
We walked in silence for another couple of moments and I thought of how amazing this was. It’s like something out of a movie. Something that you would think would never happen to you.
But it is happening.
To me.
“So, tell me.” Travis said. “Why did you tell that girl to tell Jack you were walking alone?”
“Jack tends to be a bit protective of me.” I sighed. “I’ve had some not so good relationships in the past. And for some reason he thinks that every guy that I hang out with I’m going to fuck.”
“Oh.” Travis said glancing at me out of the corner of his eye.
“Yeah.”
“So, do you fuck every guy you hang out with?” And I could hear the smile in his voice.
“No! I certainly do not!” I laughed punching his arm lightly.
“Damn.” He said jokingly and I laughed again.
“Perv.” I muttered.
“I am offended!” Travis said trying to sound insulted.
“Boys,” I grumbled.
“Girls,” Travis mocked me.

“Where have you been!?” Jack yelled as I entered the bus an hour later.
Travis had left me near his bus. But not before giving me a quick hug and his number.
‘So we can sneak out again. That was fun.’ He had smiled.
“I went for a walk. Didn’t Josie tell you?” I said flopping down on the couch next to Rian,.
“Yeah she did, but we didn’t know where you were and you had your phone off.” Jack complained.
“I’m fine, Jack. Don’t you see that?” I said grumpily.
“You know I’m only like this because I love you right?” Jack said leaning forward and looking me in the eyes.
“Yeah I know, Jack.” I smiled slightly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments would be loved!
:]
Peace&Love
E.