Two Identical Mistakes

Chapter Five

Corrym POV

In all honest truth, the entire thing hadn't gone as bad as I thought it would (besides the fact I almost murdered Gerard Way with his own coffee).

"Is it ok for me to come over here now?" Ray asked slowly coming up behind us, guessing we were finished by the fact we were smiling now.

"Yeah Ray its cool, right?" Gerard asked looking between us both quickly.

"Yeah... we’re good if you are!" I nodded stepping to the side to make room for Ray.

"So um, do you girls need to be anywhere? Is your mom waiting for you or anything? Because I wanna talk to you guys about this and stuff but I don't think now is the time really, and I don't want to keep... Kira ...waiting," he asked stuttering over my moms name still in slight shock.

"Oh, she said to call when we were done... so how about we give you our moms number, our numbers, and... if we'll see you again you can borrow those," Kanya smiled nodding towards our birth certificate and picture.

"Oh, yeah! I'll defiantly see you guys again, I mean, your my daughters," I swear, I had never heard a more awkward sentences stumble from someone's mouth before, I was thinking maybe we should leave before we caused Gerard permanent mental damage.

"Oh, ok! Here are our phone numbers and such," Kanya smiled pulling a piece of scrap paper from her pocket.

Gerard reached into his back pocket to produce a sharpie for her to use. In her quick, artsy hand writing that somewhat resembled Edward Cullen's, Kanya recorded the needed information and gave it to Gerard.

"Ok cool," he said looking over the paper before shoving in his jacket pocket, "So do you know when I might see you guys again? Like do you have tickets to other shows or anything?"

"Uhhh... no but I think we could get some!" I smiled loving the idea of seeing My Chemical Romance more the once on a tour.

"No, I'll get ‘em for you. Some more backstages too so we can talk and stuff, how about the show in Ohio? That's five days from now," Gerard asked leading us away from our spot on the wall where we could sit with the band on the couches.

"Uh, yeah that’s cool, we can arrange a ride from either our mom or a friend or something," I nodded perching myself on the same couch as Frank... though I politely kept my distance, thankfully my will power was stronger then my urge to hug him.

Kanya took the couch with Mikey and also somehow displayed the same amount of self control as I was.

"Hey," Frank smiled at us both half waving.

"Oh right, guys, this is Kanya and Corrym... I can't tell you who is who," Gerard admitted motioning towards us.

"Corrym," I nodded raising my hand.

"Cool names, so are you guys just gonna chill here till we leave?" Frank asked obviously itching with curiosity about why we had a private talk with both Ray and Gerard and why the talk had almost made Gerard project coffee across the room with his nose.

"Um no, that's right, we need to call our mother and have her come get us. She said she would be bar hopping tonight but stay within a ten minute radius for when we were ready to come home," Kanya explained whipping out her cell phone to dial our mother.

"Let's hope she's not too drunk," I mumbled under my breath though I couldn't stop the smile from creeping across my face.

"Well if she is, don't let her drive you home, that could end badly," Frank suggested knowledgeably.

"Yeah, I'll just take the wheel instead," I suggested thinking we would be worse off if I were to drive then our drunken mother.

"Alright, mom should be here in about five minutes," Kanya explained to me clicking her phone off and tucking it back into her pocket.

"Did she sound wasted?" Gerard asked raising his eye brows.

"Uh no not really. I don't think she’s totally wasted, she’s sober enough to get us home," Kanya shrugged not really knowing how drunk our mother could get since we hadn't seen her in forever.

"Ok, so are we allowed to know what you were talking about?" Mikey suddenly blurted, his eyes darting from me and my sister to Gerard.

"Uh... yeah later 'mikes," Gerard nodded nervously tucking the picture and certificate out of sight.

"Ok..." Mikey agreed, though we could all tell that Mikey didn't believe he would really get told anything.

A roadie rushed by carrying something heavy looking out the door, but before it closed, I saw our mother’s car slowly pulling up on the side of the road.

"Ok, well there’s our ride. Thanks so much for letting us backstage guys. Really, thanks a million trillion to the tenth power," I smiled standing up and having Kanya follow suit.

"Ok, bye," Gerard said standing up to meet us and give us hugs.

"See ya," Ray nodded coming over to also give us hugs.

The rest of the boys seemed to think that maybe we were important enough to give hugs (even though they had no idea what was going on) so they all stood up and gave us each a hug. Were my sister and I really being offered hugs by My Chemical Romance? Oh sorry, fan girl side talking.

"Bye!" we waved one last time before Frank ran up behind us.

"Leme go with you and make sure your moms sober," Frank explained following us into the night air.

Insert the biggest smiley face on the internet here! There were only about ten fans waiting outside the venue, each of them jumped up and waved when they saw Frank.

“Hang on, one sec! I’ll be right back!” Frank told them still leading us towards our mom’s car.

As we got closer, our mom rolled down the window and smiled out at us, “Hi guys!” she waved idiotically at us.

She was defiantly drunk.

"Hello…" Frank wavered for a bit, not sure if it was safe for her to be driving "just wanted to walk your clones out to you,"

Kanya and I flashed an eerily identical smile.

“You ok to drive mom?” Kanya asked, trying ever so hard to keep the laugh from her face.

“Oh? Oh yeah! I’m perfectly fine! This isn’t drunk… it gets much worse,” our mom smiled at us, somehow that was supposed to be reassuring.

“Well… ok. If things get really out of hand, one of you take over the driving,” Frank told us, only half joking.

“Alrighty! I’ll be sure too,” I volunteered, I’m sure that would be much more dangerous.

“Ok, on second thought, maybe your moms ok to drive,” Frank joked patting the top of my head, “alrighty, well, I hope you guys had fun! Bye!”

I had the dying urge to jump up and hug him and scream, "Bye Uncle Frankie! See you in five days!" but I was a good girl and settled with a “Yes we did, thank-you so much. Bye!” before me and Kanya got into the car.

Our mom pulled away from the curb and sped out into the road, leaving Frank to meet with his adoring fans.

Kanya POV

We drove home smiling in the dark, me and my sister. Front row mosh, backstage, getting hugs from My Chemical Romance... this day wasn't going to get any better. There was no physical way.

"So how did it go?" my mom eventually asked, turning down the radio so we could talk.

"Amazing... except for the fact that I nearly killed Gerard with coffee..." Corrym grinned shaking her head.

"Oh dear, that would have been unfortunate," my mom noted.

"Yeah! Only a little, but after a while he just kinda smiled at us and we chilled with the band until you got here and yeah! We had fun," I bubbled on like a happy high or something.

"So does Mikey still wear those round hideous glass on the end of his nose?" my mom asked with a little laugh.

"No, first he switched to normal glasses and then he got laser surgery," I explained thinking now that mom really only knew Gerard, Mikey, Ray, and Matt... Who wasn't in the band anymore.

"Well that’s good, he would always sit there really awkwardly with his head held up so high, just so he could see out his friken glasses," my mom laughed at the obviously fond memory.

"Yeah and Matt's not the drummer anymore," Corrym added having probably the same thoughts as I.

"No!" my mom exclaimed in disbelief spinning around to face us, "holy shit no way! Matt and Gerard were tight!"

"Mom watch the road!" Corrym exclaimed as we swerved into the next lane, pissing some other drivers off.

"Ohh oops. Shit, sorry!" she called through her window steering back onto the road.

"’Cause you know they can hear you mom," I mumbled sarcastically as she received the finger from the person next to her.

"Anyways, so about Gerard," my mom said changing the subject away from her poor driving skills.

"Oh right, erm... I gave him our numbers and he invited us to come to the Ohio show in five days. More backstage passes and such," Corrym amazingly remembered.

"Oh that sounds like fun! Two MCR shows!" our mom laughed, "so how are you going to get there?"

"Errrmm... you drive us?" I suggested though that seemed rather obvious.

"Uuuuhhh... ok," our mom sighed reluctantly.

Oh what was so bad about driving to Ohio? It was one freakin' state away.

Kira POV

That night when we got home, the girls went directly off to bed and were out like lights. That left me up alone to check that stack of junk mail that had been delivered to my mail box. I sifted through it rather anxiously... expecting something. Then I saw it and my heart sank; the evacuation notice.

"Fuck, what am I going to tell the girls?" I asked myself angrily shoving the envelope aside.

I was entirely bankrupt now at this point and was getting kicked out of my house. I had barely any money for basic things, none the less the gas money to drive to Ohio and back, so now what was I going to tell the girls? Gerard too?

I couldn’t tell the girls I had no money, because that would lead to telling them they were off to foster care or their old step father who I knew was either going to prison or in prison and wouldn’t take the girls back anyways. In all honesty, I would rather they went into foster care then even saw that fucking man again. I couldn’t tell them that though, their lives would entirely fall apart.

Sighing, I dropped my head onto the table and basked in the silence for a moment... then a ringtone echoed off the walls that I hadn't heard in 13 years.

Gerard POV

I was pretty much sweating bullets at this point, I hadn't talked to Kira in 13 or something years and now it turns out she has my daughters. Not only that, Ray had forced me to call her to sort things out... tonight! I have no idea what purpose that served; I think he just liked to watch me suffer. The phone rang three times, each ring giving me an ounce more hope that maybe she had already gone to sleep.

”... Hello?" then she answered and all my hope was smashed and set on fire.

"Hi..." I said... and then a gay baby was born (there was an awkward silence... everyone knows that every awkward silence a gay baby is born!).

"So... how’s it been going?" she finally managed after what seemed like hours.

I sat tensely on the couch in a rather un-comfortable position, "Well... I haven't had much of a life besides My Chem since we last... talked," I replied not wanting to mention that I had gotten married, it just didn't seem like the right time to me.

"Oh," she mumbled awkwardly.

This was becoming rather painful to manage.

"I'm sorry I just kinda... flung Kanya and Corrym at you today... I should have said something," she finally admitted and you might think it would do the opposite, but it seemed to break away some of the rock solid ice that stuck over our history.

I was able to lean back in the couch and make slightly fuller sentences.

"It's ok, I'm glad I know now. They gave me the picture we took with Devin... the one in the park... that day," I hesitated- the picture was from the day we were engaged.

Each of us with shining rings and big smiles.

"Oh... yeah I figured they would take it, I made the mistake of showing it to them," she admitted quietly.

Another gay baby was born.

"So did the girls tell you that I invited them down to Ohio… so we can talk... you can come too," I offered half way regretting it as soon as I said it.

It would be rather awkward to see Kira as it was... but right now seemed even worse.

"Oh...I ...I sort of can't take them," she hovered, and I knew there was more. I could just tell by the way she spoke.

"Why not... did something happen with their step dad?" I guessed trying to find an answer without being TOO nosy.

"No, no," she sighed and waited a long moment before suddenly blurting, "I haven't got any money,"

This kind of shocked me, I remembered Kira as strong-headed-take-no-shit-bitch that wouldn't let any thing bring her down... now she had no money?

"Oh, do they know that?" I asked referring to Corrym and Kanya.

"Oh, uh no. I can't tell them yet," she admitted to me, and I knew that was true.

The girls had enough going on in life as it was already.

"So the girls told me you ended up getting married to Lyn-Z, I remember her," she suddenly said and I was surprised that she even remembered Lyn, and even more surprised that she had brought it up.

I think the following silence counted for two gay babies.

If Ray ever complained for too many rainbows lining the roads, all their bright colory goodness blinding drivers and sending them spiraling into innocent school children, it was going to be all his fault.
♠ ♠ ♠
Weee! Yay for another day home from school! *sneeze*
Ok, it kinda sucks but not really.
So I found out why I have such issues with my writing and how to put words and such, not only am I ADD, I'm aparently dyslexic as well. (did I spell that right?)
So yeah, I'm still gonna keep writing though^^
I love you if you read my story!
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Oh and also, Happy Birthday Mikey!♥♥♥