‹ Prequel: This Is An S.O.S.
Sequel: Super Sophomores

Freshman Year

February 8, 2009

I got to school pretty early, I guess. Well, early enough to be there before Kevin but after Dunbar. I noticed Dunbar was in the cafeteria. I waited for Brenda who was talking to people. When she came to me, we talked about concerts. She invited me to a We The Kings concert. I wanted to go, but only because There For Tomorrow was playing. She had me ask Kevin when he got to school. He likes The Maine, and they were also going to be at this concert. When we got up, Kevin and I walked together. We talked about stuff and he hugged me before going into the bathroom.

Spanish was okay. We just did workbook stuff. I wrote down the lyrics to The Futile by Say Anything in my notebook.

In Chorus, I found out that the other girl broke up with Kevin. Chelsea's sister told the girl who freaked out and broke up with him. Chelsea said she was going to get a picture, but the girl took all of the pictures down. Nathan took my shoes. That's about it.

Anthropology was funny. Nathan kept yelling that he saw Kevin walking around outside. I went to the window and looked both times. He wasn't lying. The teacher had to yell at me like twice because I was talking. It was okay, though. She taught me a new word in Bosnian.

Nathan followed me to fourth because he wanted to talk to Kevin. This time, we actually caught up to him. I waved Kevin over to us and then hugged him. I motioned for Nathan to come over and talk. It was funny. Nathan asked Kevin to go skating with him sometime. Kevin said he doesn't skate much anymore. Nathan said he was fine with it. Kevin said he's see me next period, then we hugged again and then parted ways.

English was pretty boring. We did the same thing that we'd been doing for the last week. Quincy's reading is starting to get old.

Art was weird. Kevin was telling Tyler about a message Chelsea sent him on Myspace. He said he didn't know a Brittany. I was kind of happy. He wasn't cheating then. We talked about stuff. He had me write about him on his hand. He did the same on mine. I wrote 'nice hair' and 'sooper crazy sexy cool' on his. He wrote 'Weird, Funnyish' and 'SHY!' on mine. Kevin suggested a movie to me. It was called Bloodsucking Freaks.

When the bell rang, Kevin and I walked quietly. I was wondering when he would hug me. When we got outside of the school, Kevin turned around and hugged me. When he let go, he said "I know I should have done this before, but can I have a kiss?"
"AHA!" Tyler said from in front of us. "I KNEW IT!"
"You heard that, didn't you?" Kevin asked.
"Oh my God, go away," I told him.
"I gotta see this," Tyler said. Kevin pushed him away.
"Um. I'm probably going to freak out at the last second, but okay." He opened his arms. I walked into them. He put his head down closer to mine. It was weird. I could see his eyes and he had this funny smile thing on his face. I couldn't do it. "I'm sorry," I said as I pulled away. He said it was okay and then walked to his bus. I felt so bad.